• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

he used to be with one of the woman in works daughters and she hates him.

It don't matter if hes arrogant.

Give him space, he'll get tries, offers a different more powerful option too

i like him, i think hes terrific, i'd have him over halfpenny, hes only there cause he can kick 50m odd.
Thats the way the game is now :(

Also like him as a player. Won't comment on his attatude, because I don't honestly know. I've seen a few small things on field, couple of silly pushes over the touch line and that incident with Azam (although he didn't actually do anything there). However this does mean that he's not going to step down from a challenge, and hopefully adds a bit of aggression in the backline.

As a player, he's shaping up really well imo. He's got good speed (especially that important burst off the mark), size and strength to begin with. He's also got a decent step off his left (it seems), looks for work in midfield, has been solid under the high ball, solid defensively and has demonstrated a usefull boot aswell. The only things that need improving are his decision making, and his supporting lines. Those two things can be solved very easily.

Great player on our hands imo.

i like him as a player
but wouldnt say him over Leigh Halfpenny (although i may be a bit biased there)

his attitude off the pitch is fine - he spends ages talking to the fans before and after matches

BOO to all of you who argue rationally!
Lol.

I just can't stand the guy and i think he's pretty useless on the field.
But, i'm happy for him to prove me wrong if he wants. ;)

Typical Ospreys fan ;)

Hes a talent..

Just needs to learn abit more on international level.

Will be pushing for a starting place in the 6N, but Gatland will rely on the has beens cause some players didn't deserve a place in that XV.

Big 6N!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Dec 5 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Typical Ospreys fan ;)

Hes a talent..

Just needs to learn abit more on international level.

Will be pushing for a starting place in the 6N, but Gatland will rely on the has beens cause some players didn't deserve a place in that XV.

Big 6N![/b]

I assume this is still on the Tom James thing?

If so I'm going to add my two pennies worth.

I get the feeling he possibly thinks he is better than he is, not arrogance but a self overration (thats not even a word). The one in your team who shows off but isn't actually that good. However when he plays for Wales I want him to do well for us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Dec 5 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i like him as a player

his attitude off the pitch is fine - he spends ages talking to the fans before and after matches[/b]
Lydi, do you go to matches regularly?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 6 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Dec 5 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like him as a player

his attitude off the pitch is fine - he spends ages talking to the fans before and after matches[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I don't think so. The players at Newport have locked her out of their locker room for this season but personally? I don't think so :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Dec 6 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I assume this is still on the Tom James thing?

If so I'm going to add my two pennies worth.

I get the feeling he possibly thinks he is better than he is, not arrogance but a self overration (thats not even a word). The one in your team who shows off but isn't actually that good. However when he plays for Wales I want him to do well for us.[/b]

I see what your saying, aii i can kinda agree with that, but i see that description more Chris Czekaj than Tom, only because Tom scores.

IMO mark jones is the best winger in wales by far.Exept when shane is on form

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Dec 6 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
IMO mark jones is the best winger in wales by far.Exept when shane is on form[/b]

He falls over more than a drunk man on ice though! His try scoring record for Wales isn't exactly great either. When was the last time he scored, I remember that awesome try v Fiji a couple of years ago, can't think of any since. On the other hand, his defense is top notch, and he has come back to form for the Scarlets this year after being made captain.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 6 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 6 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Dec 5 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like him as a player

[/b][/quote]

I don't think so. The players at Newport have locked her out of their locker room for this season but personally? I don't think so :p
[/b][/quote]

hahahahaha Prestwick you're hilarious.....actually i saw some of the Dragons players yesterday..... :lol: :p
yes shtove i do go to matches regularly but not to Blues anymore as its hard to get back from them

Hmm, I can can see both sides of the argument with TJ.

Watching him week in, week out, I wouldn't say he was arrogant. He just has a very aggressive approach to his game, he will throw all his strength and pace into contact and space. This sometimes may come across as arrogant I guess. He has a very short fuse aswell - if someone winds him up he will react to it. He's very a raw talent at the moment - but a talent none the less.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 6 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Dec 6 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO mark jones is the best winger in wales by far.Exept when shane is on form[/b]

He falls over more than a drunk man on ice though! His try scoring record for Wales isn't exactly great either. When was the last time he scored, I remember that awesome try v Fiji a couple of years ago, can't think of any since. On the other hand, his defense is top notch, and he has come back to form for the Scarlets this year after being made captain.
[/b][/quote]
He scored against the USA in June. That was his last international game, as well.

I actually agree with Sean here. Mark Jones is the best defender by some way, the second quickest, the most tactically aware and even if he isn't a natural finisher, he creates a fair bit. (Remember the burst against France in the 2008 6N, where he went from his own tryline, through the entire French defence, only to be brought down two yards short?) Shane on form is the best winger in world Rugby, but Mark Jones is still a fantastic player- If somebody can find the clip from The Rugby Club inwhich Stuart Barnes raves over him, it'd be much apreichated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Dec 3 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i like him, i think hes terrific, i'd have him over halfpenny, hes only there cause he can kick 50m odd.
Thats the way the game is now :([/b]
Bullshit. Have you seen his footwork? As with Shane Williams, he has had little space for Wales.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Dec 12 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
did you see how many pentalies he gave away?
watch the NZ game for a start![/b]

Lack of support had a lot to do with that.
He did well to clear up 2 threatening NZ kicks, but got isolated and penalized.

Latest posts