• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

i was behind the posts mate, i couldn't see **** in the game!.

Bishop seemed to play well if you ask me.

Hopefully thats a learning lesson for the guys!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 29 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have you watched any of Australia's games this season? Giteua's been one of our worst players because he is out of position. Both his tries he set up yesterday were at inside centre. Berrick Barnes will be the flyhalf next year.[/b]

There goes any chance of keeping the ball in hand, Barnes is **** because he thinks he is Chris Latham and can do a tactical kick that will come of every time he puts the ball to the boot, so what does the do, kicks it every time he touches it.
In other News, did anyone notice how Ioane and Mitchell would share wing and 13?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Nov 29 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There goes any chance of keeping the ball in hand, Barnes In other News, did anyone notice how Ioane and Mitchell would share wing and 13?[/b]

I noticed how just about every player was interchangable for another. Geteau and Cooper were always switching positions. Then you had Moore who filled in at 10 and offered a try scoring pass, not to mention that lovely flick from one of the props to create Aus' second try.

This really was a performance where eveything clicked for Aus, and it was great to watch (well not really, it was actually quite depressing to watch from a Welsh perspective.). I hope to see Austrailia do well next year, because I'm really enjoying the style of rugby they're playing. NZ aswell, as they're not putting boot to ball all the time. Hmm, guess I'm saying that I want SA to loose everything next year......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Nov 30 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Nov 29 2009, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you watched any of Australia's games this season? Giteua's been one of our worst players because he is out of position. Both his tries he set up yesterday were at inside centre. Berrick Barnes will be the flyhalf next year.[/b]

There goes any chance of keeping the ball in hand, Barnes is **** because he thinks he is Chris Latham and can do a tactical kick that will come of every time he puts the ball to the boot, so what does the do, kicks it every time he touches it.
In other News, did anyone notice how Ioane and Mitchell would share wing and 13?
[/b][/quote]

Giteua at flyhalf killed Aus in fair amount of games this year. Never stood up and got shown up by quality flyhalves he played against.

Agree with comments about the game. Bit harsh on Tom James - the man needs to be put into a bit of space and very rarely got the opportunity on the weekend.

I think that Lydiate is not up to the level - and Powell is in poor form at the moment. Hence the breakdown was a shambles. Also - our defence was pants in the first quater/half. I think Wales need to concentrate on finding not only creativity but some sort of cohesion in the centre. At present (and there is a bit of time to go) these are the options for the backs.

9. M. Phillips, D. Peel, G. Cooper, M. Roberts
10. S. Jones, J. Hook, D. Biggar, N. Robinson
11. S. Williams, T. James
12. T. Shanklin, L. Thomas? J. Hook
13. J. Roberts, A . Bishop, J. Davies
14. L. Halfpenny, M. Jones, R. Fussel
15. L. Byrne, J. Hook? Halfpenny? B. Davies

I would like to see a Bishop - Roberts or a Hook - Roberts partnership at some point, even if it is at Twickenham.

I really think we need to move on from this Gavin Henson thing. He i'snt even playing rugby at the moment so he is not an option. If he comes back and plays well for the 'spreys then fair enough, but he's not, so lets stop banging on about him. Im gutted even Gatland has gotten that desperate.

In the same mould as the post above, I'd say these are Wales' backs, in order of prefrance. I've picked 4 for each position, except Wing/Centre where we have two so I've gone with 5.

9. M Phillips, D Peel, M Roberts, W Evans
10. S Jones, N Robinson, J Hook, D Biggar
11. S Williams, T James, R Fussell
12. J Hook, J Davis, A Bishop
13. J Roberts, T Shanklin
14. M Jones, L Halfpenny
15. L Byrne, D Evans, J Tovey, B Davis

I don't think Hook should stay at Fullback, Tovey and Evans are excellent young players- Why wait to give them the chance and not just do it now? I also don't think Biggar is anywhere near international quality, nor Tom James, but he's more experienced than Fussell internationally, so he's a safer bet, even if I rate Fus higher.

I agree, Hook is versatile but he doesn't look comfortable as a full back at all, especially gathering the high ball. He should either play at 12 (if possible), or if Biggar isn't up to it, have him as our backup 10 if anything were to happen to Stephen Jones.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Nov 30 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In the same mould as the post above, I'd say these are Wales' backs, in order of prefrance. I've picked 4 for each position, except Wing/Centre where we have two so I've gone with 5.

9. M Phillips, D Peel, M Roberts, W Evans
10. S Jones, N Robinson, J Hook, D Biggar
11. S Williams, T James, R Fussell
12. J Hook, J Davis, A Bishop
13. J Roberts, T Shanklin
14. M Jones, L Halfpenny
15. L Byrne, D Evans, J Tovey, B Davis

I don't think Hook should stay at Fullback, Tovey and Evans are excellent young players- Why wait to give them the chance and not just do it now? I also don't think Biggar is anywhere near international quality, nor Tom James, but he's more experienced than Fussell internationally, so he's a safer bet, even if I rate Fus higher.[/b]

Looks about right to me. Although I don't agree with your comments about Biggar. He's already proven this year for the Ospreys that he's a much better outside half than Hook is. Fine he threw an intercept pass against Samoa (how many has Hook thrown over his career? I remember a good 3-4). It's something Biggar needs to adress, along with his defense, but those will come with more game time at the O's and with Wales. He's 19y/o ffs, he will improve. Nicky Robinson does deserve another chance, especially if Halfpenny or Hook is in the side to take kicking duties.

Scrum halves and full backs are spot on. After watching the highlights of Wales v Aus again, Martin Roberts did well when coming on. He was an improvement from Peel, who was waaay to slow getting the ball out on occasions. Where has this come from? Peel used to be so quick at the ruck, now he's getting caught by the backrow/opposition s/h before he even get's the pass away!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 28 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That was the most rubbush performance I've seen by Wales in years.

Gatland should be out at the end of the 6 Nations if they don't perform.[/b]

Erm...ok, i pray the WRU doesn't panic like this is a premier league football team and decide on stupid decisions like the one above.
Nuff said on that issue!

Now, hands up who HATES (and i can't stress that word enough...wait, yes i can) HATES Tom James?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 30 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Where has this come from? Peel used to be so quick at the ruck, now he's getting caught by the backrow/opposition s/h before he even get's the pass away![/b]
They were talking about that on the commentary, they were saying how he was getting the ball, looking round for the guy he was expecting to be running onto the ball, then when he saw no-one, he had to rethink what he was doing and rushed it/got caught by the opposition, and that was happening quite alot, there was no-one running onto the ball

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 30 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 30 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where has this come from? Peel used to be so quick at the ruck, now he's getting caught by the backrow/opposition s/h before he even get's the pass away![/b]
They were talking about that on the commentary, they were saying how he was getting the ball, looking round for the guy he was expecting to be running onto the ball, then when he saw no-one, he had to rethink what he was doing and rushed it/got caught by the opposition, and that was happening quite alot, there was no-one running onto the ball
[/b][/quote]

Ues true, but in that case pass it to stephen Jones.

And RC, I don't hate Tom James. He's got phenomenal talent (again, only been playing rugby at any level for 3 years). Watching that last min try for the Blues against leicester reminded me how good he is with ball in hand. Yes, he's got some stuff to learn, especially in support play, but I'm so glad there's someone like him who's got size and pace, and is willing to try things.

Tom James is one player i do admire! He hasn't had the oppuninty to shine yet, With ball in hand he is dangerous, big strong lad with pace, abit mad tho! Which isn't a bad thing. I think hes Shanes replacement.

Anyway.

9. Phillips, Peel

I'm sorry but i haven't watched Martin Roberts at all, only these AI's, so i can't really judge.

10. Jones, Biggar, Hook, Robinson

12/13. Henson, Roberts, Davies, Shanklin, Bishop (i knw hensons not right, but i'd have him 100% if he comes back)

11/14. Shane, James, Halfpenny

15. Byrne again i haven't seen Evans etc.

Thats just judging on what i've seen, hopefully, Biggar, Davies, Halfpenny, James can develop nicely for 2011

Tom James is cool :)
as Ozzay says he ahsnt had enough chance to shine although he didnt play very well on saturday

The only reason we haven't seen a 12. Roberts 13. Hook combo is because Lee Byrne's been injured. I'd rather have Daniel Evans or Tovey than Hook at 15.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 1 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 30 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, hands up who HATES (and i can't stress that word enough...wait, yes i can) HATES Tom James?[/b]

He's such an immature and arrogant tosser.
[/b][/quote]

hes never been arrogant :S
well never when ive been around and ive seen him loads

George Smith....WOW!!!

finally found his best form after the emergence of Pocock...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 1 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 30 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, hands up who HATES (and i can't stress that word enough...wait, yes i can) HATES Tom James?[/b]

He's such an immature and arrogant tosser.
[/b][/quote]

Ding Ding Ding!!!
We have a winner.

The guy is a dick all over the field. I usually like it if one of my team bullies someone else, but this guy just winds me up when he tries to do it.
Cheap shots and all. I despise the guy.
If he becomes a good player for Wales tho, i will put up with him.

Latest posts