• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

You say we're inexperienced in the centre? well Austriala ain't exactly much better.
I gotta feeling that Jamie Roberts is gonna have a flyer!!
Awesome for Gethin as captian, will lead my example!! :bravo:

I have never seen this Dan play, all i can say is, huge game for him.. lets hope he impresses.

Buzzing can't wait to get in the stadium!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Nov 27 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I gotta feeling that Jamie Roberts is gonna have a flyer!![/b]

I hope so, its about time really. I feel he's not been his best since his return from the Lions, and did nothing at all last weekend against the Pumas (at least thats what i thought from where i was sat). He's due a big game so lets hope he has it tomorrow!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Nov 27 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
m is nowhere near b

dunno how that came out.

anyone else got tickets?[/b]

Yes mate

Sitting in Aber University RFC seats, dunno where abouts they are, not in the usual seats.

Reckon it will be a close game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 23 2009, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Really not sure who'll win this,
I think Australia will go 110% as they no doubt got a bollocking after losing to Scotland, so will have something to prove,
But then Wales are going to want to win as well,
Should be a good match though[/b]

Rubbish.

Australia will not improve after losing last week

23 minutes in and Australia up 6 - 20.

Wales getting eaten alive here.

I said somewhere earlier that Hook isn't good enough positioning wise to be at fullback...beeing proven right so far.

This is a joke. Australia utterly dominating Wales and nobody on the Welsh camp has answer.

The WRU need the Scottish defence coach...

EDIT: I'm going to be blunt and say this to the Welsh management: get that sodding chip off of your shoulder, cut the pre-match BS and focus on winning games.

To be fair to Wales, at the minute we've only got 5 of our first-choice XV playing, (Jenkins, AW Jones, M Williams, S Jones, J Roberts -You could argue Charteris is the 6th, though.) due to the rest being injured. And four serious injuries in 40 minutes? It's the second Lions test, all over again...

Still, the game's not quite beyond us. If we can score a try early in the second half, we may still stand a chance.

No, hang on. Pre-match the whole talk was about strength in depth and targeting world number three and going into the world cup phase being "liek the best, evar!" and so on.

Even with this squad....12 - 33? Rubbish, they're better than this even with the injuries and everyone knows this.

That was the most rubbush performance I've seen by Wales in years.

Gatland should be out at the end of the 6 Nations if they don't perform.

Wobblethorn was class when he came on though and it can't have helped with all the disruptions in the backline in the first half.

I enjoyed the match . Australia has played a very strong match , well done . Though wales was disapointing , some guys were missing to put more pressure on Australia's defense . Giteau and Smith have done a very good match .

Why aussie players have moustache ??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 28 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I enjoyed the match . Australia has played a very strong match , well done . Though wales was disapointing , some guys were missing to put more pressure on Australia's defense . Giteau and Smith have done a very good match .

Why aussie players have moustache ??[/b]

Its called "Movember", its all for charity.

Well what a letdown that was. Terrible game from a Welsh perspective. Those turnovers were beyond frustrating and we just had no idea how to stop the Aussie onslaught.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GunnerAsh @ Nov 28 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Nov 28 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why aussie players have moustache ??[/b]

Its called "Movember", its all for charity.

[/b][/quote]

thanks

First things first, well done Austrailia. I thought their performance was excellent in every aspect of the game. The front 5 were magnificent, with the likes of Moore even hading out try scoring passes. The backline was dangerous with Giteau and Cooper controlling things wonderfully. They also had a great kicking game and a god defensive display. I knew Aus would pick their game up after last weeks result and all the flak Deans and co have been facing. Aus have a great squad imo, it won't be long before they're really back up there with NZ and SA.

Now on to Wales. The worst performance of Gatland reign imo. It was reminiscent of the time Jenkin was in charge. We had no control of the game, our defense was shocking in places and we were outplayed in every aspect. The first half was worrying, but Aus were playing so well, and all the bounces of the ball going their way, there wasn't a huge amout we could do. In some ways the second half was kinda worse! It's not good that we looked lost in attack, with lone runners trying to either bash or dance their way through the defensive line. Where was the supporting runners, the creativity, the flair that's assiociated with Welsh rugby?

Hopefully some injured players will be back for the 6 nations. However, before the match i didn't look at the starting IV and think it looked bad. I thought it was good enough to win today. The problem was, up front we were destroyed. The Aus scrum was magnificent, and for the first time Paul James was shown up for what he is. The backrow was also comprehensively beaten, with Lydiate a little in the deep end and Williams overpowered (again). We did miss Ryan Jones, but that shows that we need to bring through another no.8. Gareth Delve anyone?

This was painfull viewing, not sure where things have gone wrong. Some iffy selections (Huw Bennette instead of Ken Owens/Gareth Williams. No Daniel Evans of Jason Tovey), still a little lacking in strength in depth (no real replacement for Adam Jones). Our backline isn't clicking atall either. Why? I can't quite say, but it's something that needs working on.

:(

Edit: One big plus was the performance of Warberton when he came on. How long till he's a permanent starter?

Warburton and Peel where the only ones performing. I felt Bishop was suprisingly good, seemed to pop up everywhere. Hook wasn't that bad, but he needs to move him to Centre the second Byrne is back.

Tom James did well far away from the try line, but as soon as he got inside the 22 he started killing chances.

All in all, though, we where battered. Austrailia deserved the win.

EDIT: Matthew Rees is expected to be out for a number of months; Shane and Halfpenny are both on the sidelines for a few weeks at least.

Cardiff Blues conceded less points than Wales ;)

Completely dominated at the breakdown and scrum. Even when we had ball with both our wingers off we didn't look dangerous. Very disappointed - credit to AUS for some great running rugby but Wales really didn't come out today. Going for a pint in rainy Cardiff to drown my sorrows. England must be loving this ready for the 6N.

To be fair i thought Stephen Jones did well, made nearly all his kicks and was good in the tackle. But overall a woeful performance from the whole squad,

Wow, the Aussies sure showed they had a point to prove from last week... Fair play to them they were class.
Wales were shocking, everyone knows we're better than that. But then again what can you do with the amount of injuries we have to key players? Then again, not really much of an excuse, if we want to be up there with the best, then we should be able to deal with injuries. On the plus side, Warburton looked impressive when he came on, made some great breaks, but as per usual, no support with him.
I wonder if Gatland will finally get the message that James Hook is not a fullback (I mean ffs, Dan Evans and Barry Davies have both been on great form) and Paul James is a **** loosehead. We need some creative centres, so please Gavin, come back...