• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

To be fair it's very un-Tipuric like as well. Him and Faletau are like 2 peas in a pod. Both quiet, shy types that play the game pretty clean. Not sure if the captaincy has effected Tips or if the pressure got to him or what to be honest.

I should add I haven't even seen it yet but sounds like there isn't any complaints from anyone about it.

This reads like they've made the decision to sack him. He's meant to be in a flight to France at the moment. Would be really harsh on Pivac if they let him fly out so hopefully they pulled him from that and have already effectively sacked him but have to go through the motions.

According to bbc pivac stayed in wales. Sounds like he is gone.
Yeah, they say Pivac has decided to remain in Wales, more like he's been told not to bother going to France. Still, I wouldn't put it past the WRU to keep him but that's looking less likely.

We should be moving quickly on this. Robertson is so clearly the number one candidate so we should've reached out to him already, if he turns us down then move on. I'd be happy enough to take a punt on ROG but I think Pat Lam could be a good fit for us. Bristols form seems to have tailed off a bit bit he's a good coach and as I say could be a good fit for us a bit more in the Gatland mould in terms of personality but Bristol play some good stuff too.

I think Pat Lam could be a good fit for us
He's the highest paid club coach in the world and has 6 years left on his contract - WRU better have deep pockets!
Can't imagine La Rochelle will let ROG go mid season as well,
I think if Robertson isn't available it'll be someone short term (Gatland, or promote from within - as depressing as that would be for Wales fans) until the RWC and then build from there when there are more coaches available

He's the highest paid club coach in the world and has 6 years left on his contract - WRU better have deep pockets!
Can't imagine La Rochelle will let ROG go mid season as well,
I think if Robertson isn't available it'll be someone short term (Gatland, or promote from within - as depressing as that would be for Wales fans) until the RWC and then build from there when there are more coaches available
Oh ****, Really? Didn't know that about his salary or the length of his contract. Ok, rule that one out that then. Way to **** on my fireworks. Bristol are on a downward trend anyway.

You're more than likely right. An interim like Gatland to take us to the WC then see how the land lies then. I'd like to show some ambition and go all out for who we want but, yeah, we're not going to be shelling out millions so wil have to work with what we've got, which is **** all. Great.

Oh ****, Really? Didn't know that about his salary or the length of his contract. Ok, rule that one out that then. Way to **** on my fireworks. Bristol are on a downward trend anyway.
Signed a 7 year extension last season.... Right before the downturn 😬

Well wales played with a lot of intent and urgency, with quality cleans. As tends to happen to a team after losing a game they consider they shouldn't have lost. But it wasn't enough.

Well wales played with a lot of intent and urgency, with quality cleans. As tends to happen to a team after losing a game they consider they shouldn't have lost. But it wasn't enough.
21 points up with 20 mins to go against Australia B/C team. Pivac shouldn't really take the blame for that as no team should lose from that position really but I really like blaming Pivac so I'm going to keep on doing it. 2 back to back losses of games we should've never lost.

Honestly, Wales looked decent in that first 50-60min. Gives me confidence that a change in coach could get much more out of the players.

I thought we looked much better with a distributor at 12 in Hawkins. He wasn't perfect, but he was a 20y/o making his debut, so it was pretty decent! His kicking is good as well, so it could allow us to play a more running 10 like Costellow, Jarrod Evans, Patchell or Sheedy.

Dillon Lewis has been a real positive this autumn, he's actually held up well in the scrum. But our other tighthead options are a real worry, with Francis' form nosediving lately.

21 points up with 20 mins to go against Australia B/C team. Pivac shouldn't really take the blame for that as no team should lose from that position really but I really like blaming Pivac so I'm going to keep on doing it. 2 back to back losses of games we should've never lost.
Heard gatland is top of the list to replace pivac on a 12month contract. Robertson til the end of the World Cup seems like a better bet. He'd be keen I reckon, nzr probably would too as it gives him the international experience they've continually said they want his coaching group to have, thus preparing him to be next all blacks coach. Although if wales does better than the all blacks it would make them look bad, so probably actually no they wouldn't want him to coach wales given how likely it is the all blacks won't make it past a tough quarterfinal. Should I delete this post?

Great comeback for the Wallabies although not sure where to from here. Not a great year and I'm sure what the solution is or what the problem is? I do know that the numbers of players in the country has been greatly reduced in the last 10+ years. For whatever reason a lot of kids just not playing union. And I think league and ARL are doing fine, so its not an issue with parents not wanting little Johnny to play a full contact game.

Great comeback for the Wallabies although not sure where to from here. Not a great year and I'm sure what the solution is or what the problem is? I do know that the numbers of players in the country has been greatly reduced in the last 10+ years. For whatever reason a lot of kids just not playing union. And I think league and ARL are doing fine, so its not an issue with parents not wanting little Johnny to play a full contact game.
The number of injuries is beyond Rediculous, it is always the case that australia had more injuries than every other country.

Then there's poor coaching at super rugby level. Don't know why.

Then there's not a lot of quality underneath super rugby.

Then there's the fact opposition Teams are getting better.

The number of injuries is beyond Rediculous, it is always the case that australia had more injuries than every other country.

Then there's poor coaching at super rugby level. Don't know why.

Then there's not a lot of quality underneath super rugby.

Then there's the fact opposition Teams are getting better.
Yeah I was watching some rugby show interviewing Irish back Henderson(?) who played in the super 12 in Oz and he was saying the coaching was pretty poor. And such little depth. I remember the Western Force recruiting a fullback who was playing club rugby in country NSW aka bum-**** idaho. He was actually alright, but you compare that to some kiwi teams who have All-blacks with 50+ caps sitting on the bench.

Heard gatland is top of the list to replace pivac on a 12month contract. Robertson til the end of the World Cup seems like a better bet. He'd be keen I reckon, nzr probably would too as it gives him the international experience they've continually said they want his coaching group to have, thus preparing him to be next all blacks coach. Although if wales does better than the all blacks it would make them look bad, so probably actually no they wouldn't want him to coach wales given how likely it is the all blacks won't make it past a tough quarterfinal. Should I delete this post?
I'd pitch it to him as, sign a 5 year contract with a clause that has a break after the WC next year. Then, if he wants to activate that clause a year later we can hypnotise him to see out the other 4 years.

Yeah I was watching some rugby show interviewing Irish back Henderson(?) who played in the super 12 in Oz and he was saying the coaching was pretty poor. And such little depth. I remember the Western Force recruiting a fullback who was playing club rugby in country NSW aka bum-**** idaho. He was actually alright, but you compare that to some kiwi teams who have All-blacks with 50+ caps sitting on the bench.
Nah - NZs depth is deteriorating as well.

Latest posts