• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wanted Competitions

Churchill Cup. C'mon, you know you're all gagging for it!

Tri Nations (with Bledisloe Cup)
Pacific Islands Cup
Super 15
ITM Cup
Currie Cup
Shute Shield - obviously no where near as popular as ITM and Currie Cups, but you need to put an Aussie club comp in there and this is practically the best, although many have never heard of it (outside of Australia)

Tri Nations (with Bledisloe Cup)
Pacific Islands Cup
Super 15
ITM Cup
Currie Cup
Shute Shield - obviously no where near as popular as ITM and Currie Cups, but you need to put an Aussie club comp in there and this is practically the best, although many have never heard of it (outside of Australia)
I love the Shute Shield. I've been able to watch several of the matches over the last few years. Good comp.

THANKYOU! I actually didn't realise it was that big. I started watching it cause my coach plays for Eastern Suburbs (Damon Anderson - winger), and he used to be in my schools 1st XV. When he played for us, we won all but 2 games. This season, we didn't win a single one :[

Totally agree tomwid_88, the French market is a key area and the likes of the Pro D2 and Federale 1 should be included. I firmly believe that as many leagues should be included in the game to attract the widest audience possible; leagues such as the RFU Championship, U.S. and Canadian super leagues and Russian Professional League.

ITM and Currie Cups will be big sellers down under, no doubt, however most northern hemisphere players have no idea who Southland or the Border Bulldogs are, so it is extremely important to include the 2nd tier of England and France to appeal to the huge European market.

The likes of the Russian, Japanese, Italian and North American leagues are up and coming markets in which H.B. could really tap into early. You would have to believe that these leagues would be “an easy score†in terms of licensing.

According to a friend of a friend who is studying computer gaming, the last 6 months is when H.B. will actually be putting shirts on players and faces on the little stick men they’ve been working with since production began. Shirt and stadium design is the easy part from what I’ve told, so as long as the rights to these leagues are easily won at a cheap or reasonable price there should be no bother time or work wise, well I presume.

Just a quick note that of course International comps, Magners League, Super 15, ITM, etc should be the main focus for H.B. I am not saying that these minor leagues should get priority just that there not forgotten. I want a successful rugby franchise and believe that this will help this effort while helping rugby.

Would be nice if there is a qualification structure in the game for the World Cup so I can try to qualifiy with for instance Netherlands or Uruguay :D

This would definitely be worthwhile in season/career mode

I agree with all professional leagues being in the game, this will then expose the game around the world, with fans linking to their pro league teams, such as Russia with Top Rugby or whatever they call is again, the Japanese league, even Italy's Super 10 is now classed as a professional league now. Umm what else?? For the sakes of the game in Australia, which has declined since they lost in the final '03, including their Shute Shield competition will allow the fans and followers to compete with home teams, thus increasing popularity of the game and rugby at the same time.. surely someone gets paid to figure this all out!?!?! lol

Tbh the Club Leagues that're going to wanted the most are going to be the Top Flight leagues, so:
Guinness Premiership
Magners League
Top 14
Heineken Cup
Super 14
Main problem is, it might be a bit of a waste of time and money to get the faces kits and licenses for the lower leagues like the English Championship, which might take away from making the game mechanics much better. However, I do think the ITM Cup and the Currie Cup should be included because they are very important to the fans in their countries, and it also gives SH fans more than just the Super 14 to play.
Also the smaller International Tournaments should be put into the game as the majority of the teams will be in the game anyway. Wont be that hard to put the IRB Nations Cup together with teams like Russia, Georgia, Romania, Portugal etc. and all that needs to be done with the Churchill Cup is put the A Teams in which isn't gonna be hard at all.

NZ
- ITM NPC cup
- Heartland Championship.. Since 7 teams from this years ITM Will be demoted to Heartland.. And 7 from heartland will be promoted to the ITM..

SA
- Premier Division currie cup
- First Division Currie Cup- because it is also a promotion/relegation comp to the Premier division

Australia
- Shute Shield.. or maybe a made up ARC.

Argentina
- Nacional de Clubes

International SH Club comps
- Super 15
- Pacific rugby cup (Teams from Samoa, tonga and Fiji)

International SH TEST rugby Comps
- 4 nations (with Argentina)
- Pacific nations Cup (SAM, TNG, FIJI and JAPAN)
- FORU Oceania cup
- South american Rugby cup
- Africa Cup

---------------------------------------------------------

England
- Aviva premiership
- RFU championship(promotion/relegation with the AVIVA premiership)

France
- Top 14
- Pro D2 (Promotion/Relagation with top 14)

Italy
-Super 10

Japan
- Top league

USA
- Super league

International NH Club comps
- Heineken Cup
- Amlin Challenge Cup
- Magner league ( With Aironi and Treviso from italy)

International NH TEST rugby comps
- 6 Nations
- European Nations Cup

Miscellanous International Comps
- Americas Rugby Championship
- Churchill Cup
- IRB Nations Cup

Others
- Lions TOur
- Pacific islands tour

Then of course the WORLD CUP!

eventhough id love all those leagues in the game, i cant see it.

id much prefer the game to have a great career mode than have the choices of below top tier competitions. this is something that can be added on in future ***les.

this game is the first rugby game for hd consoles so id much prefer them to have a small amount and do them well than have alot of things and the game being a flop.

competitions like -
Heineken Cup (European)
Magners League (Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Italian teams)
English Premiership (England)
Super 15 (Aus, NZ, SA Teams)
Top 14 (France)
and -
6 Nations
Tri Nations
World Cup
British Lions tour

and an INDEPTH career mode.

Argentina:

- Torneo del Interior
- URBA Top 14
urba.jpg

Id love to have championship but I will be happy with a good heineken cup, Aviva Prem and Top 14 teams! Please get stades real kit, its sick!

NZ
- ITM NPC cup
- Heartland Championship.. Since 7 teams from this years ITM Will be demoted to Heartland.. And 7 from heartland will be promoted to the ITM..

SA
- Premier Division currie cup
- First Division Currie Cup- because it is also a promotion/relegation comp to the Premier division

Australia
- Shute Shield.. or maybe a made up ARC.

Argentina
- Nacional de Clubes

International SH Club comps
- Super 15
- Pacific rugby cup (Teams from Samoa, tonga and Fiji)

International SH TEST rugby Comps
- 4 nations (with Argentina)
- Pacific nations Cup (SAM, TNG, FIJI and JAPAN)
- FORU Oceania cup
- South american Rugby cup
- Africa Cup

---------------------------------------------------------

England
- Aviva premiership
- RFU championship(promotion/relegation with the AVIVA premiership)

France
- Top 14
- Pro D2 (Promotion/Relagation with top 14)

Italy
-Super 10

Japan
- Top league

USA
- Super league

International NH Club comps
- Heineken Cup
- Amlin Challenge Cup
- Magner league ( With Aironi and Treviso from italy)

International NH TEST rugby comps
- 6 Nations
- European Nations Cup

Miscellanous International Comps
- Americas Rugby Championship
- Churchill Cup
- IRB Nations Cup

Others
- Lions TOur
- Pacific islands tour

Then of course the WORLD CUP!

a comprehensive list. if included at least half of them would be fantastic

Although everyone including myself want every rugby league/tournament to be included its probably unrealistic and we're setting ourselves up to be disappointed. I think all that is needed for this first rugby release by HB Studios are the basic leagues like the Magners League/Aviva Premiership/French Top 14/Super 14/Heineken Cup/European Cup/Six Nations/Tri Nations?World Cup and after that anything else is a bonus. I think once we've played and experienced what rugby 2012 is like and if it gets positive feedback and sells well enough then HB are likely to make a follow up game and with a bigger budget from which they can add all the extra leagues that we want like the English Premiership etc. Hopefully its that popular that we'll have a new rugby game every year/2 years and we'll see a vast improvement each time just like we see with what EA do with the Fifa series

Southern Hemisphere
ITM Cup
Currie Cup
Super Rugby
Four Nations
Pacific 5 Nations

Northern Hemisphere
Guinness Premiership
Magners League
Top 14
European Trophy
Six Nations

International
World Championship

Realistic list, with something for everyone.

If we could just get a Create A Tournament mode, it would solve so many problems...

Although everyone including myself want every rugby league/tournament to be included its probably unrealistic and we're setting ourselves up to be disappointed. I think all that is needed for this first rugby release by HB Studios are the basic leagues like the Magners League/Aviva Premiership/French Top 14/Super 14/Heineken Cup/European Cup/Six Nations/Tri Nations?World Cup and after that anything else is a bonus. I think once we've played and experienced what rugby 2012 is like and if it gets positive feedback and sells well enough then HB are likely to make a follow up game and with a bigger budget from which they can add all the extra leagues that we want like the English Premiership etc. Hopefully its that popular that we'll have a new rugby game every year/2 years and we'll see a vast improvement each time just like we see with what EA do with the Fifa series

So all the basic leagues happen to be in the NH?

So all the basic leagues happen to be in the NH?

Think about the target markets; the majority of sales will be in Europe (in fact, don't be surprised if there are more sales in the UK alone then the whole of Aus & NZ combined).

With a project as young as this one, without the finantial clout of EA to back them up, if there's no profit there's no sequel. Therefore good business sense is to target the bigger market and localise them with familiarity - It may surprise you but the majority of rugby fans north of the equator have never even heard of the ITM Cup (Nor the currie cup). Everyone however knows the big 5 (AP, T14, ML, HEC & S14).

As he said, get it right in the basics first, then add the fancy stuff after.

Latest posts