• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wanted Competitions

kylbck

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Just wanted to share what competitions I thought should be in the new Rugby 2012 game:

Super 15 - New Zealand/Australia/South Africa
ITM Cup - New Zealand
Currie Cup - South Africa
Heineken Cup -
Magners League - Ireland/Scotland/Wales
English Premiership - England
RFU Championship (National Division 1) - England
Top 14 - France
Pro D2 - France
Super 10 - Italy
Top League - Japan
(maybe) Rugby Super League - USA

INTERNATIONAL
6 Nations
Tri Nations
Pacific Nations Cup
Churchill Cup
Asian 5 Nations
Nations Cup

In all that's 18 competitions, compared to the 31 competitions in Fifa 10.

I also think the British & Irish Lions should be back in the game

What is most important to me is the possibility to select players for national squads. Let's say you play with the Springboks, it should be possible to (just as an example) select Jean Deysel or Gerhard van den Heever and leave Jaque Fourie and Bakkies Botha out. That way it would be much more fun.

Another idea might be to have a career mode, not just tournaments. You qualify for European leagues or in case of Currie Cup, promote or relegate.

Don't know if it's possible but a 'be a pro' mode like FIFA has would be awesome! Play with only one player and play well to be called up for the national squad or maybe make a transfer.

Maybe a nice gig to include the Barbarians into the game as well

Agree with all the International tournaments, but obviously like you said, with the Lions tour too. Not sure about all the Club competitions you've listed, like the Italian Top 10 isn't really the top 10 Italian teams anymore considering that Treviso (one of the biggest Italian clubs) and Aironi (a mixture of 8 different clubs according to wikipedia) have now moved to the Magners League. And would the RFU Championship and the French D2 be too much of a hassle to licence? Probably wouldnt be all that expensive, but still time consuming! Same with the Japanese League - apart from Sam Norton Knight i barely know any players who play in it, and have only heard of a couple of clubs (mostly because Cardiff players like Molitika have gona and played there for a season.) So would it really be marketable? Even if its far less competitions than Fifa, they're working on a tiny budget compared to Fifa, so every pennys gotta be well spent!

About half of those competitions are unnecessary. Seriously, who's going to play the Nations Cup, Churchill Cup, Asain 5 Nations, PRO D2, Championship, Super 10 or the Top League. T'would be a waste of money that could better spent on improving gameplay.

Last edited:
About half of those competitions are unnecessary. Seriously, who's going to play the Nations Cup, Churchill Cup, Asain 5 Nations, PRO D2, Championship, Super 10 or the Top League. T'would be a waste of money that could better spent on improving gameplay.

Absolutely agree on the club side of things, it would be quite a silly waste of time and money to design the kits and model all the players from competitions like Pro D2, Super 10, Championship etc.. However i think there is merit in including more international competitions, like the Churchill and Asian nations cup, hell even making up a few competitions would be worth it.
The reasoning behind this is that the developers are already going to go through the trouble of making those teams and players for use in world cup mode. If they are going to spend all that time designing the Canadian jersey and making sure their faces and attributes are all true to life, why not just quickly whip up a couple more opportunities for gamers to use them; maximize the mileage they get out of their work.
Surely quickly throwing some fixtures together, adding a few teams that already exist from world cup mode and making a victory screen for the churchill cup wouldn't take much time or money?

Adding to the same sort of point, why do we have to start every world league with made up ridiculous players like Heffler, Berti and Nawali? The developers have gone to the effort of modeling the players from the lesser countries, why can't we start world league with a selection of real players from minnow teams around the world? Not only is that maximizing the use of the players they create, but i would just find the game more enjoyable if they were real life players. It would make watching an All Blacks vs Portugal game more interesting as i could look out for the Portuguese centre i use in world league and see if hes anything like the player in the game.

the Asian 5 nations is just as important as the 6 nations .

Not a fan of all this comparison to FIFA 10 and that ... its not an EA game ... get over it!

Super 15
ITM Cup - New Zealand
Heineken Cup
Magners League
Aviva Premiership
Top 14 - France
Top League - Japan

INTERNATIONAL
6 Nations
Tri Nations
Pacific Nations Cup
Churchill Cup
World Cup
Lions Tour

Super 15
ITM Cup - New Zealand
Heineken Cup
Magners League
Aviva Premiership
Top 14 - France
Top League - Japan

INTERNATIONAL
6 Nations
Tri Nations
Pacific Nations Cup
Churchill Cup
World Cup
Lions Tour
Add the Lions tour to this and you'd have a good game

PROVINCAL

ITM Cup (Ranfurly Shield)
Currie Cup
Australian Rugby Shield
Amlin Challenge Cup
Super 15
Heineken Cup

INTERNATIONAL

Tri Nations(Bledisloe&Freedom Cup)
6 Nations
Pacific Nations
Churchill Cup
Lions Tour (with warm-ups... Barbarians, NZ Moari, Australia A and provincial Teams)
World Cup

As long as these competitions are included i would be happy.

Just wanted to share what competitions I thought should be in the new Rugby 2012 game:
(maybe) Rugby Super League - USA
Ha...I played in the Super League. Guess if I got my fitness back up I could make it in the game...LOLing.
I also think the British & Irish Lions should be back in the game
I agree completely!

european challenge cup
european nations cup/6 nations B (with russia, georgia, romania, portugal, spain and germany)
urba championship (argentina)

Would be nice if there is a qualification structure in the game for the World Cup so I can try to qualifiy with for instance Netherlands or Uruguay :D

NH Club
Heineken Cup
Aviva premiership
Top 14
Magners league

SH Club
Super 14
ITM
Curie cup
i don't think the Australian comp is popular enough to get a place.
NH International
6 Nations
maybe Churchill cup but its minor
lions

SH International
Tri/4 Nations

I think it's probably a bit much to hope for Currie and ITM cups (although I would love to see them), but international comps like the Pacific Nations should be easy wins for HB, since the teams will be in the game already.

Think Pro D2 and maybe even Federale 1 will be important to have in the game. France is a very marketable area for the game and including extra leagues that would produce extra dynamics such as promotion and relegation would be a lot more fun. I would definitely play as a Federale 1 club such as Nice and try to get them into the Top 14. Would increase the replay value of the game IMO

Latest posts