WCR problem on pc

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by nik, Jan 13, 2006.

1. nik

nik Guest

the other day i installed WCR on my pc...hoping to play the game before RC2006 comes out
    it installed perfectly..i started the game
    the accliam and swordfish logos loaded..then there was a black screen for a second and then the game crashed back to the desktop showing the windows error message. "Sorry for the inconvinience..blah blah...Please tell Microsoft about this problem".

I have got the latest drivers for my video card...i dont know why its not working now..it worked fine when i first bought it..almost one and a half years ago...i havent installed any new hardware.

any 1 else has this problem??? .......is there any solution?????

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Not sure, got enough RAM, memory etc? As you might have something taking up all the space since then.

4. nik

nik Guest

i got 1000mb ram...im sure thats not the problem..it use to work fine before when i first bought the game...ive got the same pc since then and i have not installed any new hardware.
    im don't know why its not working now
    is it because of SP2?

5. it could be something like the graphic card drivers or a windows update thats conflicting with the game.

6. Vibor

Vibor Guest

Have you tried to setup various screen resolution modes?

(I don't rember the filename, but WCR includes also a starting executable for all the resolutions the pc video-card allows...)

[​IMG]

7. Yeah, resolutions is a good point. I remember trying AOE with a higher resolution once and just blanked out.

Try it a tad lower, nice point there LW.

8. Nik, PM me an email address and I will get my PC engineer to see if he can help you.

9. nik

nik Guest

yeah i tried various screen resolutions...from the lowest to the highest and the default..still does not work

10. Check Trev's post, he can work wonders... [​IMG]

11. nik

nik Guest

got the game working...had to format my pc
    i dont know exactly what was the problem...my pc was giving me problems and it might have conflicted wcr...all the other games worked though...anyway thanks trev...but i don't need any help for now

12. Cool ... I just PM'd you , so ignore that.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!