• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCR problem on pc

N

nik

the other day i installed WCR on my pc...hoping to play the game before RC2006 comes out
it installed perfectly..i started the game
the accliam and swordfish logos loaded..then there was a black screen for a second and then the game crashed back to the desktop showing the windows error message. "Sorry for the inconvinience..blah blah...Please tell Microsoft about this problem".

I have got the latest drivers for my video card...i dont know why its not working now..it worked fine when i first bought it..almost one and a half years ago...i havent installed any new hardware.

any 1 else has this problem??? .......is there any solution?????

Not sure, got enough RAM, memory etc? As you might have something taking up all the space since then.

i got 1000mb ram...im sure thats not the problem..it use to work fine before when i first bought the game...ive got the same pc since then and i have not installed any new hardware.
im don't know why its not working now
is it because of SP2?

it could be something like the graphic card drivers or a windows update thats conflicting with the game.

Have you tried to setup various screen resolution modes?

(I don't rember the filename, but WCR includes also a starting executable for all the resolutions the pc video-card allows...)

<

Yeah, resolutions is a good point. I remember trying AOE with a higher resolution once and just blanked out.

Try it a tad lower, nice point there LW.

Nik, PM me an email address and I will get my PC engineer to see if he can help you.

Originally posted by Vibor@Jan 14 2006, 04:29 AM
Have you tried to setup various screen resolution modes?

(I don't rember the filename, but WCR includes also a starting executable for all the resolutions the pc video-card allows...)

<
yeah i tried various screen resolutions...from the lowest to the highest and the default..still does not work

got the game working...had to format my pc
i dont know exactly what was the problem...my pc was giving me problems and it might have conflicted wcr...all the other games worked though...anyway thanks trev...but i don't need any help for now

Originally posted by nik@Jan 15 2006, 06:50 PM
got the game working...had to format my pc
i dont know exactly what was the problem...my pc was giving me problems and it might have conflicted wcr...all the other games worked though...anyway thanks trev...but i don't need any help for now

Cool ... I just PM'd you , so ignore that.

Latest posts