• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

This is what I was getting at. I reckon potential investors only see the football side as profitable and the rugby would almost be on the side as extra. Not ideal if you are playing second fiddle.

Aren't cov city a completely separate entity?
Are they even after an owner/do they want to be lumped together with wasps?

It is separate and they don't like each other.
I guess the right money everything is for sale.

But Cov City would get more money for themselves without Wasps debt bundled into it.

I doubt cov city are profitable, how many lowly football clubs actually make money? I might be wrong but I was under the impression that football is a loss making business for their owners?

I'd imagine Ashley might be keen on a the CBS and maybe Wasps Rugby/Netball because he can then use us to flog Sports Direct.

I mean he sounds like he just wants the whole bag.
Let's be real the Football crowd might not be profitable at low level championship but it still gets more eyes than Prem rugby and Netball.

He's moving Sports direct HQ to cov so the football is the crown jewel I guess. Especially with the recent hate Wasps have gotten from Cov city fans.

so you reckon its a no go? I don't want him as an owner but to stop us going bust i will do anything.

Personally any deal with Coventry will see them get priority and Wasps come second.

Mark my words though... i really don't think we will be the last... crowds are below required attendance, coverage isn't good enough for fans who can't attend and finances just don't add up.

how many clubs are actually turning a profit?

Mark my words though... i really don't think we will be the last... crowds are below required attendance, coverage isn't good enough for fans who can't attend and finances just don't add up.

most clubs claim an operating loss, but most clubs keep a healthy investment portfolio that makes a good amount of money each year. for instance last year lost 2.5 million but made 7 million in investments. Northampton claimed an operating loss of a couple hundred thousand but had a few million in capital gains.

I think Saints were prior covid. The last couple of seasons they've posted a loss I believe. Mark Darbon recently stated attendances have also fallen due to the cost of living crisis and people's lack of money given as the main reason. Pat Lam quoted a loss of 300k when the game against Scarlets was called off due to covid. The loss of Wasps and Worcester could be a tipping point for others.
I do really feel for Wasps and Worcester. I absolutely hate the idea of people losing there jobs.

Well that's at least £600k down for each team that hasn't had Worcester or wasps at home yet. Might be the tipping point for a few other teams.

It's a real shame.

Latest posts