• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

Not leaving though are they? Solihull is right next to Coventry
It's basically Birmingham but Birmingham is next to Coventry anyhow so I get it's still in the same area but it's kind of funny he's moaning that they are moving further away.

if anyone's interested in who Wasps owe £92m

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/PIReiQutYidx6WoWL0hSQKW_2olARE7sRPATrh4q2wo/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3G346RLWR%2F20221223%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20221223T101925Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEIL%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJGMEQCIAJrzA33XGEZc9IDM79apcyd3c%2BbKJQWbzj%2BNxCDYScEAiAig5mpCKWh8JsuzY%2BtZquTTcfVyGilnYwspRpCA83lSSrWBAi7%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F8BEAQaDDQ0OTIyOTAzMjgyMiIMPxvHoIq9g52ijfx4KqoEnZmVHa6jQQfRteu6ieInHuLI7fS62H9ETgHkh3SvF8bENsROcaonb9L86juIlxueVZE%2F9SGHKQeDQWuH9Obzy1hjIvnhZNAooSsIFp9JremtG8xKwH2eNS7BatGcOukaA7wKc35lciFSb1D%2BGyrtdPtDUts%2BXjHI2zZ5K2NjHwD44jAbaV1dsV8RRUP8LEntCiBtqdKo52VeEtfqPn3e3cOYYBIt2hduodTRjFBhEWch%2BZ90sdguoKReY%2FttcTbeIjxi6BosvqYdLqqMaiXanNs6gaB1M6HRp%2Bc%2Buu7oTauJIzpHRPFVdP0UKuPHy51DC8OB7r2H%2FQs4MK7%2Fz0h15MLjUJaAdJFEDRfMhp2mhlASK3WnLLkW80BSb20IdkMZt0qGkRSuAhLE8NJDD6mPR29m%2BzmBCDxs81CZXtWk8tUnSiG7gIFesYTa6mmsuvHYm9ig48UuzjVn0bGwKbhYQRIhF6qsD5fFIQu6aNbfPAAzoMU0BrKyCL%2F553wfz1biNEUr2DwYQX2GBee6XJMa9kwcD5StpU30zaqDnhyz3SV38GVA2u8GjGli8%2B8E5DULdqTDAhs0jPhExFN%2F1VRqbNGzz8yeMT7CQBBsVRpgEWWh9b%2Ba1pHnOIAjYVbG2LEvs81b5IGtrpg4hDjm3jDUj8V1p5bYibWyZdQETbfJL%2B%2FlSbn8UOID%2FYxC1rrEpC6KlaasAlpHJBR6pLsdPz4%2FUF%2F5BCJ1Rwe8aIwwyvmVnQY6qgF6End4ukAJLYYhzdKDHcuP9ocruFi8k5ny47rFdzm6PDPvaJSWbtwAosrISYF7ZNycZRk7l8DJSdZHOpYn4MgGjiZp2g2Ics1izBvt1An2L4MPVGTghBGCizaMEYk%2BHNHvTJIpS%2BEck5eBrvJhxh8Kx8xBAAsYPR8GoMDBmwcwgbs4U17Odob0KLFupGeBLnQIf09pcmi3mG3I%2BcZ6%2BtPa49%2F376gsuIOJMw%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=910fe42978ca90e602c86ee4d7af9010c2c86e25561e0b72b60598586a110e76

So is it a brand new squad or will they be re-signing players?

So is it a brand new squad or will they be re-signing players?
I'd assume you will see a totally new squad with maybe the odd exception. We can't and won't have the budget to sign majority. I'd also argue that i would be upset if our top players came back for the foreseeable future as need to go out and play at top teams.

I'd assume you will see a totally new squad with maybe the odd exception. We can't and won't have the budget to sign majority. I'd also argue that i would be upset if our top players came back for the foreseeable future as need to go out and play at top teams.
Am I right in thinking that the RFU agreed to fund your academy whilst the seniors were closed down?
So you'd still have the kids to call on; and I'd imagine you'd be first port of call for your ex-academy players who haven't found other contracts yet. Presumably that should still give you a reasonable spine to play Championship rugby with, even if it wouldn't be upper table in year 1.
Beyond that, you'll be after the same players everyone else in the championship is after - you'd just need more of them

Am I right in thinking that the RFU agreed to fund your academy whilst the seniors were closed down?
So you'd still have the kids to call on; and I'd imagine you'd be first port of call for your ex-academy players who haven't found other contracts yet. Presumably that should still give you a reasonable spine to play Championship rugby with, even if it wouldn't be upper table in year 1.
Beyond that, you'll be after the same players everyone else in the championship is after - you'd just need more of them
Yes so the academy was taken on and i'd imagine a few lads who were in Senior Academy who haven't found clubs will be available. I'd also assume that we can offer youngsters first team rugby with a top flight EPIC facility. I believe our biggest challenge is fi we can get more significant investment, that will define how much we can do.

Ben Rumsby of Telegraph pretty much confirms Wasps will play at Sixways.

Ben Rumsby of Telegraph pretty much confirms Wasps will play at Sixways.
Great that you'll be playing again but annoying for fans in Cov at least there will be some rugby in Worcester and you may get some new fans.and i like Sixways stadium its really easy to get to.

Glad Wasps are surviving,hopfully the last time you have to move to another city

Great that you'll be playing again but annoying for fans in Cov at least there will be some rugby in Worcester and you may get some new fans.and i like Sixways stadium its really easy to get to.

Glad Wasps are surviving,hopfully the last time you have to move to another city
the problem is... i don't think it will be if we do survive. The club are building to Tuesday but nothing confirmed.

Its irritating that we are moving again as it of course isolates are Cov and London fans further but also feels like wearing another mans shoes with Sixways. The only reason i can see us gaining fans in Wuss is because people don't want to watch Sixways rugby in nat2 after screwing over its creditors (rugby).

Imagine a lot of historic fans from Wuss will slip away or return to champ or Nat 1 teams.

But i think if it does happen younwill gain alot pf Wuss fans because they still want to watch prem(if you make it back up) rugby and they may also identify with Wasps as they have gone through the same thing and come out the other side

Also out of curiousity what happened with the P shares?

But i think if it does happen younwill gain alot pf Wuss fans because they still want to watch prem(if you make it back up) rugby and they may also identify with Wasps as they have gone through the same thing and come out the other side

Also out of curiousity what happened with the P shares?
Not sure... haven't seen anything about it since Baxter said we should lose them. I think we could gain some but imagine that will be younger fans.

Not too surprising on either count after Worcester's owners said they won't be pursuing it, but now official:
Wasps in the Championship next season, Worcester not:

Be interesting to see when Wasps start recruiting/announce what squad numbers they've actually got on the books atm

Latest posts