• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Web sites

Q

QKXV

Well I decided I want to make a website for my business rather than have to pay someone to do it, went to the library got a book, got some web designing free software and everything is going just fantastic.

Does anyone here know how I can turn off a users right click so they don't nick my photos? Or any other tips I can use to stop a user from using or linking to my photos?

Well I decided I want to make a website for my business rather than have to pay someone to do it, went to the library got a book, got some web designing free software and everything is going just fantastic.

Does anyone here know how I can turn off a users right click so they don't nick my photos? Or any other tips I can use to stop a user from using or linking to my photos?
[/b]

If anyone looked at this and thought "mmmh, let the smartarse figure it out for himself" I want to say thanks, it's probably done me the world of good.

For those of you who looked at this and thought " aaah f***3d if I know.." then I can give you the answer.

The practice of nicking bandwith from a site by linking to their images is reffered to as hotlinking, the way you stop people from doing this is by activating a thing called hotlink protection - bloody brilliant the tinternet!

Hotlink protection; Useful, but annoying.,

Especially when your a tightarse who doesn't use your own bandwidth... :ph34r:

lol thats a good thing to know *i was in the second catergory*

i am currently looking at building a website for my sister

its going to look bloody crap :)

Latest posts