• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welsh do the double over English.

S

Sir Speedy

London Wasps 17 - 20 Llanelli Scarlets :)cheers: )

Cardiff Blues 43 - 13 Northampton Saints.

Just check the official sites when they update; you'll have to trust me (a biased Welshman) on this one. ;)

Great results for both sides; good signs for the season ahead, perhaps?

.... :lol:

also check out:
Cardiff Blues 43 - 13 Northampton Saints
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ues/7586767.stm

London Wasps 17 - 20 Scarlets
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...sps/7588046.stm

just extra proof :p

I was at the Northampton game tonight, good performance by the Blues, though the Second Half team seemed to be a bit better. Sweeney also surprised me by putting in a decent performance - or at least a better one than Nicky Robinson, who threw a fair few dodgy passes. Based on players performances, I'd pick this team for the Leinster game next Saturday:

15. Ben Blair 14. Lee Halfpenny 13. Tom Shanklin 12. Jamie Roberts 11. Chris Czekaj/Tom James (though James didn't play, would still like him in the team) 10. Ceri Sweeney (yeah I might've been wrong... :p ) 9. Jason Spice 8. Mark Lewis 7. Martyn Williams 6. Maama Molitika 5. Bradley Davies 4. Paul ***o 3. Tau'afau Filise 2. Gareth Williams 1. Gethin Jenkins.

What were the Blues thinking when they signed Sweeney? Congratulations, you now have both of Wales's worst international fly-halves; that truly deserves a medal. :mellow:
Also, Leigh Halfpenny ftw! :bana:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 30 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What were the Blues thinking when they signed Sweeney? Congratulations, you now have both of Wales's worst international fly-halves; that truly deserves a medal. :mellow:
Also, Leigh Halfpenny ftw! :bana:[/b]

Who knows :blink:
But it could pay off if Sweeney manages to keep some kind of good form this season, which is unlikely. Ah well, there's always Dai Flannagan if things cock up.

Edinburgh beat Wasps last week and Bath this week as well, clearly the ML is better than the GP. :p

**** me, if I was a Cardiff fan I wouldn't be too proud of that result, the only decent players on the pitch were Hartley, Ansbro, Diggin and Foden (who's still an unknown quantity as a fullback). I'll bet the backline barely ever touched it when Kenny Everitt, doing his best Wilkinson/O'Gara impression, hoofed it down field every time it was presented from the ruck.

And Will Harries... Why? <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 30 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
f*** me, if I was a Cardiff fan I wouldn't be too proud of that result, the only decent players on the pitch were Hartley, Ansbro, Diggin and Foden (who's still an unknown quantity as a fullback). I'll bet the backline barely ever touched it when Kenny Everitt, doing his best Wilkinson/O'Gara impression, hoofed it down field every time it was presented from the ruck.

And Will Harries... Why? <_<[/b]
Excuses excuses. ;)

forcelulz.jpg

Hush, Oussie.

Normally I'd stay out of it, but there is no way I will let "Oussie" slip through :p What are you, French?

The day a full-strength Northampton side has a victory over the full-strength Western Force, Satan will be strapping on his skiboots.

Well, we've only got to hump the Brumbies and the Reds now to complete the set.

I'm by no means saying Saints are the best side in the world, but, Really? Skiboots?. rofl. :p

Oussie rugby. Big lulz.

Stop hijacking the thread! :angry: This is a local thread for local people we'll have no Aussies here. :bleh!:

Oh praise the Lord for automatic image-resizing. :D

EDIT: Also, <strike>the single greatest player to ever play for a Welsh region</strike> Regan King was injured in last night's game. :wah:

They lost 19 - 23 but they are the Dragons after all... too poor to hold onto Ceri Sweeney. :lol:

This is coming from a Scarlets side which faced financial annihilation last season if they didn't get to move to Parky Scar-wetz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 30 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is coming from a Scarlets side which LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! >_<'!!!!![/b]
Say what now? Oh that? That's all in the past bruvv! :D

Latest posts