• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wendell's a W*nker

R

rugged

So this is how it ends.

I hear it is very serious.

Wendell has been partying hard.

Poor Wendell *sniff, *sniff.

as I said in the waratahs v hurricanes thread heard a rumour that it could be to do with a prohibited drug.

well lets be honest, he doesnt look like the incredible hulk by doing exercise.

Apparantly he's being doing cocaine..

His career could be over.

I cant say i feel sorry for him, he knows what he is getting into <_<

Originally posted by http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au
Tahs sack Wendell Sailor

May 13, 2006

NSW Waratahs Wendell Sailor has been stood down for tonight's crucial Super 14 match against the Hurricanes at Aussie Stadium for an alleged serious breach of the ARU Code of Conduct.

NSWRU says it is legally bound by confidentiality requirements and is unable to elaborate on the alleged breach at this time.

Sailor has been stood down indefinitely pending a full investigation.

The winner of the pivotal last-round encounter between the second-placed Waratahs and the third-placed Hurricanes will secure the home-ground advantage for next Saturday night's sudden-death semi-final between the two teams.

The Crusaders will play either the Sharks or the Bulls in the first semi-final in Christchurch on Friday night after clinching the minor premiership last night with a 33-3 victory over the Brumbies.

Ha! Owned!

ahhh..bloody aussies ay,ruining rugby league and rugby union

thanx alot you wankers

Possible BIG shame on you Wendall, same on you.

I heard he was actualy testing drugs for the instiitution of sport. There's a pill you can take that makes you stop swinging from trees. :eek:

Thinking about it, if Sailor's a coke head, expect him to be the 'big' signing for Wasps next season.

Him and Dayglo should get on like a house of fire...

IMO over 50% of professional sportsman take recreational drugs

just depends if u can mask ur urine or not

I guess Wendell let this one slip thru

I have a photo of Warne, that IS NOT just intoxication, and I have seen Joey Johns in a rather suspect state @ rediculous hrs

When ur jaws bigger than ur ears - u ask urself a few questions B)

For anyone that thinks these guys are true clean cut, by the book individuals, ur just kidding urselves.

Its rife in sport............its rife in society.........its a double standard...........when u look at rocks stars, kate moss, maradonna, randy moss etc

I aint defending him......but i aint going to crucify him, when there's other people in the world doing it for the name of fun

As far as I am concerned - if it aint performance enhancing he hasnt broken any tradional laws of the sport involved.........i know there are clauses in contracts, and there is a perceived level of responsibilty in sports stars to be role models.........but everyones human, and all humans have flaws, and i believe when it comes to doing something in ur personal life that isnt harming other people directly..........its ur own business, and not anyone else's.

ak47,

The real issue is that Sailor broke the terms of his contract. Everyone knows that rugby players get random drug-testing and the players have to make a decision whether they will take the risk of getting caught. If they do get caught they know that they are looking at a big ban with the loss of income that comes with it.

If Sailor is guilty, and obviously the B sample will prove this if it is the case, then he has no one else to blame and it will be the end of his rugby career.

I don't think that it is a double standard. If my work had drug testing then I would either make a decision to look for another job or not take any drugs. I would know the rules and would accept the punishment if I took drugs and got caught.

The writing was on the wall for Sailor some months back and he apparently has not learnt from his mistakes.

A disappointing end to a player who showed, at times, that he was a class act. It is a loss to Australian rugby but it is time for the ARFU to cut their losses and start looking at developing their players rather than looking across at league.

Originally posted by BigTen@May 15 2006, 04:21 PM
ak47,

The real issue is that Sailor broke the terms of his contract. Everyone knows that rugby players get random drug-testing and the players have to make a decision whether they will take the risk of getting caught. If they do get caught they know that they are looking at a big ban with the loss of income that comes with it.

If Sailor is guilty, and obviously the B sample will prove this if it is the case, then he has no one else to blame and it will be the end of his rugby career.

I don't think that it is a double standard. If my work had drug testing then I would either make a decision to look for another job or not take any drugs. I would know the rules and would accept the punishment if I took drugs and got caught.

The writing was on the wall for Sailor some months back and he apparently has not learnt from his mistakes.

A disappointing end to a player who showed, at times, that he was a class act. It is a loss to Australian rugby but it is time for the ARFU to cut their losses and start looking at developing their players rather than looking across at league.
Yeah i know Bigten, and i agree to some extent

what i do not agree is the double standard of society, where our employment contracts have no clause of recreational drug use, but Sailors does.

Why should Kate Moss get her biggest contract of her career (post coke pics), and Sailor loses everything..........everthing.........post career employment, evertything........he will be a council worker.

yet kate moss goes and nabs her biggest contract, after photo's were published

wendell had it in his ****...........which is a test, potentially subject to errors, pending b test

its the public reaction that ****** me off..........
"oh sailor u bloody idiot" etc etc

Yet the rolling stones will always be legends

people have to wake up to the music, and the fact is recreational drugs, will always be around, it shouldnt be banned for some people and not others.........ie Sailor cant, coaches can?? (do they get tested??)

the ARU has the right to terminate his contract - its in its clause

the public have no right to ridicule him as an individual, when they go and pay $120.00 to concert tickets to 50+ yr olds, and scream and cry like lovesick fools, over a 5 piece coke ring, singing "I cant get no satisfaction"
after the concert, they go and buy merchandise, and the next day, go and buy the latest Kate Moss make-up pack, and rent a DVD with Robert Downy JNR.

Meanwhile arguably the greatest Soccer player in history, is sympathetically felt sorry for by the general world audience - TURN IT UP...THIS PLANET HAS ISSUES

But i do agree he has to go - we was aware - was just an idiot.......always has been dumb.........came from league FFS............free up 1 million and walk in GASNIER!!!!!.................another crazy idiot, that sends attractive SMS' from benders in SOO camp, after going to the nightclub 'the icebox' in Kings X.......yep he has a nice squeeky clean slate aswell........

Ak, you make a solid point, but I'm sorta leading with BigTen on this one...
Sure movie stars, rocks stars, models etc get away with murder and are still loved for it, but they don't get random drug tests and there is nothing in their contracts that illustrate any sort of official code of conduct.
With Sailor and elite sports people there are though... And while I'm not one of the people calling for Sailor's neck, I have to admit that it's pretty frustrating all the same. Here's a guy who's making big bucks playing the game he loves and is enough of a TV personality to have a life after football in the industry... then he could have snorted and drunk to his hearts content and not have to fear for anything but a police check... But he continuely got caught up in all sorts of off feild drama's and never learnt to take it easy! It had to have been bloody obvious to him that he should keep a lid on it for the last couple seasons of his playing career, but obviously the penny never dropped and he's had to pay the price.

Originally posted by sanzar@May 15 2006, 06:31 PM
Ak, you make a solid point, but I'm sorta leading with BigTen on this one...
i'm not disagreeing with BigTen either

I just have problems with public perception inconsistencies, and random tests for substances that arent performance enhancing.

How bout they chuck KAVA on the banned list, and throw WIKI the book.

Cigarettes and alcohol kill more people, no ban on that, coz its not illegal, coz the govt would lose billions of dollars in taxes, if they prohibited it.

I smell tripe, and I bet u all every penny i have these directors on the boards of anti-doping bodies, have all had a little recreational fun in the past 2 years, whetehr it be weed, coke or whatever - yet chuck the book at the dell, coz they dont get tested

Meanwhile another 100m record gets closer to the impossible time of humanly running 100m unassisted, and no questions are raised

the whole anti-doping thing is a joke........like the salary cap.........its the ones that have avenues to avoid getting caught are the ones that survive the public scrutiny and are inducted into hall of fames........yet in reality, u would be dumb and niave to actually think they are good samaratens.

Now its time to read my book on J McEnroe :bleh!:

it may seem strange but the rules are the rules. Sailor seems to have broken them so must suffer the consquences.

I don't want someone that's representing my country at sports to be a dope head!!!

And I don't think the ARU should be paying good money for it either.

Plenty of workplaces have random drug tests and for good reason. The drug may not be performance enhancing but I'm sure it can be performance detracting.

There have to be standards.

Latest posts