• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Western Province vs. The Sharks, Newlands, 9th October

By the way, the Aplon try looked a lot like a forward pass by miss Jaqueline Fourie but I don't care. This match is not important. Nothing at stake

Great effort by WP, should have just kicked the ball out at the end, but I guess they were having a lot of fun playing so they kept it alive, a pity since the sharks scored off of the decision though.

JDV seems to be playing well.

Must say that the reff (Lawrence I think) had a very poor game.

I think he forgot for large periods of the match that there is such a thing as a forward pass, and the advantages were called over as quickly as he called one out.

If this is a measure of how Kockett tries to regain his place, then I honestly have no more problems with McLeod

Pretorius didn't enjoy a good game, and Lambie's defensive abilities at fly-half got exposed by Jean de Villiers

What else is their to moan about? Ah....

At some point the second half, WP quite clearly took the ball back into their 22, and kicked it out on the full and got the line-out outside their 22, don't know who to blame, but it was a horrible decision

I think Beast and Bismarck were the only players to suffer from the Springbok training camp (maybe Bakkies Botha as well). You could actually see the gathered metal being oxidized on the field, and to make up for his rustiness, Bismarck ran around like a headless chicken.
People might say that he has always conceded penalties, but before he went on the camp he hardly gave away any in the early rounds of the CC, and then, well this.

Interesting fact: I have broken 3 TV remotes, and one TV these past 2 months, all after/during Sharks games. (Away games of course)

Do I need help?

Geez, it sounds like it.

stop with the roidrage :p

Didn't watch the whole match as I was otherwise preoccupied, but saw enough and I struggle to think of a time the sharks weren't basically just jumping onto and over the rucks off their feet, it was almost comical, but oh so very illegal, so to me it seemed like the ref was definitely having a bad game.

Geez, it sounds like it.

stop with the roidrage :p

Didn't watch the whole match as I was otherwise preoccupied, but saw enough and I struggle to think of a time the sharks weren't basically just jumping onto and over the rucks off their feet, it was almost comical, but oh so very illegal, so to me it seemed like the ref was definitely having a bad game.

I have also noticed a trend of diving into the rucks of late by the Sharks, the problem is they tend to do it when the ruck is nearly over or has been won, so their is little point in doing it other than being penalized

Latest posts