• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are the features of Rugby 2005?

WAIT.

Are we saying they'll include only 20 Euro grounds when there are 24 euro teams?

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 8 2005, 01:19 PM
I assume some share grounds?
Yeah.

Or they might stuff the Italian clubs in the Roma main stadium.

Sadly, my dream of playing in Tblisi are looking slim.

Was that American stadium in California (in rugby2004) real? If so was it realistic?

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 8 2005, 01:59 PM
Was that American stadium in California (in rugby2004) real? If so was it realistic?
Ah yes, Balboa Park / Matthew Boxer Stadium, San Francisco.

No.

EA were very kind by putting stands around the pitch, when really, there is only one stand on the side. The rest are trees as it is in a park, with some areas for peeps to stand.

The Stands.
BalboaParkStands.jpg

View from stands (v Scotland. Score: USA 23 - Scotland 65)
balboa7ni.jpg

hopefully they'll include the Lions tours like Rugby 2004 ???? They must , surely ......

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 8 2005, 01:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 8 2005, 01:05 PM)</div>
Originally posted by neh@Jan 8 2005, 01:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jan 8 2005, 01:01 PM
That would be the ''Secret'' Stadium

EA Like their surprises

but canadians are makin this game
Canada knows where Argentina is.

Now, if this game were to be created by Americans . . . ooooo think of the possibilities:

Helmets.

Shouldermapads.

Forward passes, wizards, and dwarves. [/b]
LMAO
<
<
<

"Gimley passes the ball to Gandalf who gets crunched by the opposing quarter back!"
Yeah, that would be rugby to alot of Americans...

Originally posted by bippy@Jan 9 2005, 04:51 PM
if it has the haka, will we here swing low sweet chariot?
no doubt man they say they will add team chants and stuff and when it comes to rugby team chants hu do u first think off

I think there will be quite a few chants... or music even "Hurricanes, hurricanes" etc and maybe even Waltsing Matilda(sp?), the crusaders theme (which rocks) the french bands in the crowd playing music etc

All this talk of features, stadiums, etc reminds me of last time. It meant nothing when next to the gameplay. You could have all the stadiums in the world but if the gameplay is like last time it will be put down after only a couple of hours.

To be honest this time I hope they have cut down on the quantity and concentrated on the quality.

True true, gameplay is what keeps you playing a game.

For rugby 2005 i hope rucks and passing are improved dramatically

i noticed reading the ea sites preview of things a rugby 101....like in madden(madden101)...will that mean having ea trax???...and mini games and such....?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 9 2005, 11:15 PM
i noticed reading the ea sites preview of things a rugby 101....like in madden(madden101)...will that mean having ea trax???...and mini games and such....?
Their is EA trax, dunno about mini games - maybe a sevens in future versions
<

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 9 2005, 10:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 9 2005, 10:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jan 9 2005, 11:15 PM
<
[/b]
thats pretty awesome...hope too hav sum famous musicians and as most of ea games music has mostly hiphop
<
...yay....will the xbox version have that music editer thingie??(play ur own songs from the xboxes harddrive)

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 9 2005, 09:56 PM
You could have all the stadiums in the world but if the gameplay is like last time it will be put down after only a couple of hours.
Surely you mean a couple of minutes (including loading time).

Unless they include La Marseillaise -- then the game will be rocking amazing fantastic.

Anyone think some of the English chants will include, "Who ate all the pies?"

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Jan 9 2005, 10:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Jan 9 2005, 10:54 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 9 2005, 10:21 PM

<
thats pretty awesome...hope too hav sum famous musicians and as most of ea games music has mostly hiphop
<
...yay....will the xbox version have that music editer thingie??(play ur own songs from the xboxes harddrive) [/b]
EA usually gets some of the big songs, look at the Madden Soundtrack, they had Greenday and Franz Feridiand

Wonder what songs they'd put on for a rugby game...

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 11 2005, 07:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 11 2005, 07:38 AM)</div>
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 9 2005, 10:54 PM

<

<
...yay....will the xbox version have that music editer thingie??(play ur own songs from the xboxes harddrive)
EA usually gets some of the big songs, look at the Madden Soundtrack, they had Greenday and Franz Feridiand

Wonder what songs they'd put on for a rugby game... [/b]
<
please more INXS!
<
they were a great feature to the game
<

Originally posted by neh+Jan 11 2005, 07:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jan 11 2005, 07:46 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 11 2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 9 2005, 10:54 PM

<

<

Wonder what songs they'd put on for a rugby game...
<
please more INXS!
<
they were a great feature to the game
<
[/b]
Neh, you're such a kidder!

See, I'm trying to think of all these awesome songs but none of them really work for rugby, in my opinion.

It just doesn't sound right. Let's just get a kick ass version of 'O Flower of Scotland,' or 'Waltzing O'Driscoll,' or the '97 Lions version of 'Wonderwall.'

Latest posts