Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

My very ironic lockdown anthem. Thematically it's perfect. Take it literally and less so, because of course we have perfect ******* day drinking weather during this!

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

An all time great, and I won't hear otherwise:

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Guess who is thinking of buying an electric guitar again to get them through the lockdown...
Do it! I've been playing wwaayy more since lockdown and have been eyeing up 7 strings that I can't justify buying but still really want

ragerancher

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

And a bit more spam as I don't have to be in work for the next 3 weeks at least so yeah, usual sleeping times out the window :rolleyes:

Every Time Ref

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Guess who is thinking of buying an electric guitar again to get them through the lockdown...

Do it! I've been playing wwaayy more since lockdown and have been eyeing up 7 strings that I can't justify buying but still really want

I’m also currently playing more than I have for ages, between the electric (a 90s Epi SG, since you didn’t ask) and a nylon-string.

I just started a business and was planning on getting a Mexican Telecaster when I hit a decent profit ... sudden loss of income has put paid to that for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

@TRF_Olyy and @ragerancher, what axes you’re eyeing up? What sort of stuff do you play?

ragerancher

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I’m also currently playing more than I have for ages, between the electric (a 90s Epi SG, since you didn’t ask) and a nylon-string.

I just started a business and was planning on getting a Mexican Telecaster when I hit a decent profit ... sudden loss of income has put paid to that for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

@TRF_Olyy and @ragerancher, what axes you’re eyeing up? What sort of stuff do you play?

I'm basically a newbie so gone for a like for like replacement of my old guitar which went away years ago. Yamaha Pacifica. If I git gud and have a bit more money floating around I may look at something else.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Been eyeing up a Solar or Schecter 7 string or (more likely) whatever the cheapest Ibanez one is
I've got my Explorer tuned to 7 string tuning atm but it's not the same - I've also wanted a more "shred" guitar for a while (I've got an explorer, an LTD Les Paul rip off and a "vintage" PRS rip off so they've all got baseball bat sized necks)

Every Time Ref

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I'm basically a newbie so gone for a like for like replacement of my old guitar which went away years ago. Yamaha Pacifica. If I git gud and have a bit more money floating around I may look at something else.
Can’t argue with Pacifica as a beginner guitar, that or Squire. Keep at it - getting half-decent at an instrument is well worth it.

Been eyeing up a Solar or Schecter 7 string or (more likely) whatever the cheapest Ibanez one is
I've got my Explorer tuned to 7 string tuning atm but it's not the same - I've also wanted a more "shred" guitar for a while (I've got an explorer, an LTD Les Paul rip off and a "vintage" PRS rip off so they've all got baseball bat sized necks)
That’s a nice collection. LTD are generally active pickups right? I’m not a big gear head, I haven’t played as many different instruments as I’d like as I basically stopped playing for 10 years; I’ve only owned 2 electrics in my life, both Epiphones, hence why the Telecaster would be next - about time I tried single coils.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Can’t argue with Pacifica as a beginner guitar, that or Squire. Keep at it - getting half-decent at an instrument is well worth it.

That’s a nice collection. LTD are generally active pickups right? I’m not a big gear head, I haven’t played as many different instruments as I’d like as I basically stopped playing for 10 years; I’ve only owned 2 electrics in my life, both Epiphones, hence why the Telecaster would be next - about time I tried single coils.
Mines got coil tapped passives - love it.
I've wanted a Tele for a looooooooong time and almost bought an LTD Tele ripoff before but couldn't really justify it - space wise as much as cost wise (which is partly what's keeping my superstrat wishes at bay).

My explorer is an Epiphone and it's a beast - got it maybe....16 years ago? An absolute tank of a guitar

ragerancher

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

New Gorillaz stuff that I quite like and a bit of a break from rock/metal stuff

And just because...

Also lol page 69. No I'm not tipsy, what are you saying? *insert rant about other British nations and referee here*

Last edited:

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Pre social distancing.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.