• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are you listening to?

My very ironic lockdown anthem. Thematically it's perfect. Take it literally and less so, because of course we have perfect ******* day drinking weather during this!

And a bit more spam as I don't have to be in work for the next 3 weeks at least so yeah, usual sleeping times out the window :rolleyes:

Guess who is thinking of buying an electric guitar again to get them through the lockdown...

Do it! I've been playing wwaayy more since lockdown and have been eyeing up 7 strings that I can't justify buying but still really want

I'm also currently playing more than I have for ages, between the electric (a 90s Epi SG, since you didn't ask) and a nylon-string.

I just started a business and was planning on getting a Mexican Telecaster when I hit a decent profit ... sudden loss of income has put paid to that for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

@TRF_Olyy and @ragerancher, what axes you're eyeing up? What sort of stuff do you play?

I'm also currently playing more than I have for ages, between the electric (a 90s Epi SG, since you didn't ask) and a nylon-string.

I just started a business and was planning on getting a Mexican Telecaster when I hit a decent profit ... sudden loss of income has put paid to that for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

@TRF_Olyy and @ragerancher, what axes you're eyeing up? What sort of stuff do you play?

I'm basically a newbie so gone for a like for like replacement of my old guitar which went away years ago. Yamaha Pacifica. If I git gud and have a bit more money floating around I may look at something else.

Been eyeing up a Solar or Schecter 7 string or (more likely) whatever the cheapest Ibanez one is
I've got my Explorer tuned to 7 string tuning atm but it's not the same - I've also wanted a more "shred" guitar for a while (I've got an explorer, an LTD Les Paul rip off and a "vintage" PRS rip off so they've all got baseball bat sized necks)

I'm basically a newbie so gone for a like for like replacement of my old guitar which went away years ago. Yamaha Pacifica. If I git gud and have a bit more money floating around I may look at something else.
Can't argue with Pacifica as a beginner guitar, that or Squire. Keep at it - getting half-decent at an instrument is well worth it.

Been eyeing up a Solar or Schecter 7 string or (more likely) whatever the cheapest Ibanez one is
I've got my Explorer tuned to 7 string tuning atm but it's not the same - I've also wanted a more "shred" guitar for a while (I've got an explorer, an LTD Les Paul rip off and a "vintage" PRS rip off so they've all got baseball bat sized necks)
That's a nice collection. LTD are generally active pickups right? I'm not a big gear head, I haven't played as many different instruments as I'd like as I basically stopped playing for 10 years; I've only owned 2 electrics in my life, both Epiphones, hence why the Telecaster would be next - about time I tried single coils.

Can't argue with Pacifica as a beginner guitar, that or Squire. Keep at it - getting half-decent at an instrument is well worth it.

That's a nice collection. LTD are generally active pickups right? I'm not a big gear head, I haven't played as many different instruments as I'd like as I basically stopped playing for 10 years; I've only owned 2 electrics in my life, both Epiphones, hence why the Telecaster would be next - about time I tried single coils.
Mines got coil tapped passives - love it.
I've wanted a Tele for a looooooooong time and almost bought an LTD Tele ripoff before but couldn't really justify it - space wise as much as cost wise (which is partly what's keeping my superstrat wishes at bay).

My explorer is an Epiphone and it's a beast - got it maybe....16 years ago? An absolute tank of a guitar

New Gorillaz stuff that I quite like and a bit of a break from rock/metal stuff

And just because...

Also lol page 69. No I'm not tipsy, what are you saying? *insert rant about other British nations and referee here*

Last edited:

Latest posts