• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are your expectations of the new Rugby 2012?

Nah it doesn't but atleast they get a loss and you get the win. I'm a bit sick of taking it easy after going 7+ up in Rugby League Live just to stop the other person quitting. I find if I go any higher than 12+ the other person quits 99% of the time leaving me with a No Result which gets a bit old after about 5 in a row.

Nah it doesn't but atleast they get a loss and you get the win. I'm a bit sick of taking it easy after going 7+ up in Rugby League Live just to stop the other person quitting. I find if I go any higher than 12+ the other person quits 99% of the time leaving me with a No Result which gets a bit old after about 5 in a row.

Fight Night Round 4 has a good system. It gives the quitter a loss and the other player a draw, also it give you a DNF (Did not Finish) percentage so if you quit everytime you start losing people will avoid them. Also Having an online World Championship would be MEAN!!!

I agree entirely with the quitter statement.
Or they could make it so that if someone quits whilst they are losing then it would be recorded as a loss and if they quit whilst winning you could consider it a draw?
Or make it so that it's impossible to quit and you have to play the game right through.

Yeah, good point. there shouldn't be the option of quitting! what would happen if the All Blacks just packed up and quit cause they were losing?

If the player names and kits are unlicsensed Im not going to get the game.
Im a big rugby fan and have all the other rugby games, it would be heartbreaking to be on this forum stressing the importance of licsences for over a year and then end up with rugby game with no kits/crests/players...and i wouldnt pay for it and have to go and edit/customize all the kits and names. It will be 2011 when this comes out I expect the real players/kits and crests to feature in the first rugby union game in over 4 years!
otherwise the only people who will be satisfied will be the ones that arent big enough rugby fans to care that there playing with made up players in made up kits for made up teams...

Or maybe they care that it plays like rugby because the producer had more time overseeing the gameplay, rather than talking to lawyers and accountants.

On the subject of quitting, I think the Bungie way of dealing with disconnections is the best.

"get a better internet connection."

All quitters should be punished. ALL.

that's a little harsh. maybe in the spirit of rugby the quitters should have a chance to explain their actions, and only repeat offenders should be "sin binned".

Last edited:
Quick tap etc options are essential to good flowing rugby. Make your own player is a given. Online is a must too, private and public. Smooth gameplay that isnt blocky where it looks like mannequins are running around the paddock. All leagues North and South of the hemisphere. But im just going to be happy to finally have a game coming out.. Yay.. So sick of those NFL, NHL games, how that is considered enjoyable to watch/play is beyond me.

Quality Gameplay first and foremost than graphics, I've enjoyed previous ***les By HB studios so an improved gameplay from previous ***les would be awsome...

I want a game done professionally and to include leagues that do exist ahead of leagues that don't
Oh, and I don't want doubles of players, with one spelt in English and the other a loosely made Japanese version :mad:

I'm really not sure what I'm expecting anymore to be honest... I'm sure it will be good, but Sidhe have seriously managed their information releases so much better so I'm mostly looking forward to their game now.

I'm happy to let the two games develop in their own way. Sidhe announcing stuff now isn't going to make the game come out quicker, and if HB do slip off the radar in the meantime, a flurry of info pre-launch will bring them back.

A lot of people it appears are surprised that HB have thus far not released much even though they have a history of playing their cards close to their chest during development.

A lot of people it appears are surprised that HB have thus far not released much even though they have a history of playing their cards close to their chest during development.

Oh, I'm aware of that. Indeed, I still remember the tight lipped development of their first ***le: Rugby 2004. I was simply making the point that this isn't necessarily a good thing (it doesn't mean they're hiding a piece of sports gaming art - Rugby 04 is still the worst sports game in existence), and that Sidhe are definitely the ones with marketing momentum at the moment.

Latest posts