• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Currently reading Cold Vengeance by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, the most recent book in the Special Agent Pendergast series. I've been milking it along because the next book doesn't come out until December, and I go through withdrawal if too many months pass between my Penderfixes. :p

das

well most recently i loved reading The Magic of reality from Richard Dawkins. not an atheist. but enjoyed every bit of it

Just polished off One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Enjoyed both immensely

On the 3rd book from the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series, I'm not much of a reader but the books and plot is brilliant! Little confusing at times though as there are multiple stories which don't make sense but then come together.

Currently reading Moonraker by Ian Fleming. Much better than the movie.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, started like a motherbitch :)

On the 3rd book from the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series, I'm not much of a reader but the books and plot is brilliant! Little confusing at times though as there are multiple stories which don't make sense but then come together.
Saw the english film version of that - couldn't figure out why there needed to be a Nazi back-story.

Reading From Eternity to Here - theory of time by a theoretical physicist. Depends on the notion of entropy, which seems to determine everything while leaving some space for free will. Straight forward style, but the concepts are still difficult for me.

I've not read a book in ages. The last one I did read, and for the thousandth time it seems is Hunt For Red October, my favourite book ever.

I have lots of books I need to read/listen to but find it hard to find an hour or two to just read.

Last edited:
Reading Soccernomics at the moment. Pretty interesting read to be fair.

I'm reading Economics Facts and Fallacies 2nd Edition by Thomas Sowell, it is without a doubt the most intriuging and opinion challenging book I've ever read. Lots of common economic fallacies are disscussed, things like the "gender wage gap" "increasing income inequality and shrinking middle class" "value of university educations" amongst other topics. It's jam packed with facts and analysis. I most highly recommend this book.

Saw the english film version of that - couldn't figure out why there needed to be a Nazi back-story.

Reading From Eternity to Here - theory of time by a theoretical physicist. Depends on the notion of entropy, which seems to determine everything while leaving some space for free will. Straight forward style, but the concepts are still difficult for me.

Honestly, the films were **** compared to the book. It misses out so much of the plot.
What your reading sounds interesting though.

At the moment too many academic books for uni! Come Christmas it'll be back to the tried and tested Wilbur Smith and Tom Clancy lol.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Is this the kind of thinking where the universe essentially exits as an entropy peak and when you're going up the left hand of the peak towards the maximum time flows forwards and when descending it runs backwards?

That's the silly kind of theorist thinking that I dislike. It's a) pretty untestable and b) essentially irrelevant to the laws of physics.

Entropy is so bloody confusing

Not really. Things move from ordered to disordered naturally with time. By doing work we can make ordered structures locally, but this leads to an overall entropy increase non locally. That's about it really, aside from a few statistical funny things.

Latest posts