• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

M

Moonfire

Terry Pratchett - Discworld Series - Last Continent

Pratchett is the best writer ever. He is like BOD to the Irish, John Smit to the Springboks, Michael Jackson to the... wait let me stop there... :p

B

bates

Afro Samurai Vol 1 -2, after the series and the movie I decided to choose for the mighty pen, ink and paper.
Aswell as Mac OSX Server 10.6

R

RC

Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol

http:///ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511y51gu37L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

S

shazbooger

Yes. This is an actual Dungeons and Dragons book. Read it when I was a kid, really enjoying it second (ninth) time round.

S

shtove

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ May 15 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Started it once, oddly stopped reading when I found out Dorothy's slippers were silver, not ruby. Not sure why, it's put me off reading it, it just sounds so wrong :s

Let me know what you thought of it, might read it this summer.[/b]
I recently read that the silver slippers/yellow brick road is a metaphor for the destruction of the monetary system. The Hollywood substitution of ruby slippers robs the book of all its significance. Yikes!

It's still a poor book. Hollywood version much better.

S

shtove

Just finished Monster Nation by David Wellington.

Hate comedy horror, but zombie satire is great. Will buy the rest of the series.

Witty writer, plot a bit chaotic. Loved the botoxed CIA agent who cracks her knuckles with a sound like "a mouse being crushed underfoot".

F

feicarsinn

In the process Rereading Flashman. One of the better things to come out of the British empire.

L

Laetca

Re-reading Suskind's Perfume, Dutch version since I don't have the German one. Had a lit class where I could choose a book to link to the course, luckily Perfume was on the reading list.

jimmyzontar

Academy Player
Reaction score
Oh, so many - but currently the Duel of Aces is intriguing - the history of the RAF and how it withstood the Luftwaffe ....