• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Terry Pratchett - Discworld Series - Last Continent

Pratchett is the best writer ever. He is like BOD to the Irish, John Smit to the Springboks, Michael Jackson to the... wait let me stop there... :p

Afro Samurai Vol 1 -2, after the series and the movie I decided to choose for the mighty pen, ink and paper.
Aswell as Mac OSX Server 10.6

Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol

Yes. This is an actual Dungeons and Dragons book. Read it when I was a kid, really enjoying it second (ninth) time round.

51U+BZCrAXL._SS500_.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ May 15 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Started it once, oddly stopped reading when I found out Dorothy's slippers were silver, not ruby. Not sure why, it's put me off reading it, it just sounds so wrong :s

Let me know what you thought of it, might read it this summer.[/b]
I recently read that the silver slippers/yellow brick road is a metaphor for the destruction of the monetary system. The Hollywood substitution of ruby slippers robs the book of all its significance. Yikes!

It's still a poor book. Hollywood version much better.

Just finished Monster Nation by David Wellington.

Hate comedy horror, but zombie satire is great. Will buy the rest of the series.

Witty writer, plot a bit chaotic. Loved the botoxed CIA agent who cracks her knuckles with a sound like "a mouse being crushed underfoot".

In the process Rereading Flashman. One of the better things to come out of the British empire.

Re-reading Suskind's Perfume, Dutch version since I don't have the German one. Had a lit class where I could choose a book to link to the course, luckily Perfume was on the reading list.

Oh, so many - but currently the Duel of Aces is intriguing - the history of the RAF and how it withstood the Luftwaffe ....

Latest posts