• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What book are you currently reading?

Elizabeth Bennet as a ninja who rescues Merryton from Zombies? Not going near it, saw the cover which was enough for me XD

Trying not to read anything at the moment, I'm sort of liking it :) Won't be able to postpone my reading much longer though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 21 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
King Lear - William Shakespeare (Alright, it isn't a book)[/b]
Amazing. Brilliant. Best thing ever. There's a full cartoon book version - perfect if the lines of text do your head in.

Just got The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Before you get to the start you have to leaf through: Introduction-Note on the text-Select bibliography-Chronology of the author-Explanatory notes-Map. Farking hell.

Hoping it's got some insights and humour, but it does read a bit childish in the first few pages. Lacking Grimm brothers weirdness.

Started it once, oddly stopped reading when I found out Dorothy's slippers were silver, not ruby. Not sure why, it's put me off reading it, it just sounds so wrong :s

Let me know what you thought of it, might read it this summer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 14 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 21 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazing. Brilliant. Best thing ever. There's a full cartoon book version - perfect if the lines of text do your head in.

Just got The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. Before you get to the start you have to leaf through: Introduction-Note on the text-Select bibliography-Chronology of the author-Explanatory notes-Map. Farking hell.

Hoping it's got some insights and humour, but it does read a bit childish in the first few pages. Lacking Grimm brothers weirdness.
[/b][/quote]
theres a good plot summary on uncyclopedia thats worth a look. May well have saved me in honors English

heres the link: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/King_lear

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ May 16 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ May 14 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Apr 21 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
theres a good plot summary on uncyclopedia thats worth a look. May well have saved me in honors English

heres the link: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/King_lear
[/b][/quote]
:lol:

Reading the chapter by chapter summary of:
What a Carve Up!
Satanic Verses
Beloved
White Noise

No time to re-read the books before the exam, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

im currently ploughing my way through grapes of wrath (ploughing geddit'?). Anways they're on their way to California and Grandpa just died so I'm not really that far in I guess, no spoilers!

About four weeks in to The Anatomy of Melancholy - approximately 3 pages a day, so I'm up to p.88, which is about half way through the introduction.

Fairly chaotic. Lots of latin phrases, classical allusions, opinions.

Only 1200 pages to go.

Have to say The City of God is a better "tough" read.

Oh God:
Started 'Footfall' by the sci-fi duo, Niven and Pournelle.

Also gotta read:
Geoffrey Chaucer's "The Wife of Bath"
Shakespeare's "King Lear"
"Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen
and "Oedipus" by some guy.

Least I have plenty to read. \o/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jul 2 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh God:
Started 'Footfall' by the sci-fi duo, Niven and Pournelle.

Also gotta read:
Geoffrey Chaucer's "The Wife of Bath"
Shakespeare's "King Lear"
"Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen
and "Oedipus" by some guy.

Least I have plenty to read. \o/[/b]

I remember seeing a very strange animated version of the Wife of Bath's tale, way pervie for a bunch of 15 year olds!

I liked Sense and Sensibility (but I don't know if it matters that I'm a girl), never finished King Lear, and had to read Antigone five times, which put me off reading Oedipus. Know the story though, love the gauging out the eyes bit XD
Found this, not very true to the original story:
http://www.oedipusthemovie.com/
(warning, contains sex scene)

Finally started reading 'Es uss nicht immer Kaviar sein' by Johannes Mario Simmel (got it for Christmas,) since it's in German I'm not reading as fast as I normally would

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 2 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 2 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have to read Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine ;)[/b]
Hey, Lekso - you were one year old yesterday.
[/b][/quote]

Don't know what you mean but it's still funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

birthday-cake.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 3 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 2 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 2 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

birthday-cake.jpg

[/b][/quote]
When did you join the forum?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 3 2009, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 3 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jul 2 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

birthday-cake.jpg

[/b][/quote]
When did you join the forum?
[/b][/quote]

Oh God! You are right Shtove

Thank you brother

I am so involved and tired by these final exams

Thank you

I'm not having much luck with my choice of books as of late.
I have no problems in giving up on a book half way through/a third of the way through/whenever i lose my patience with how boring it is.
The last two books: -

Dead Until Dark - A True Blood Novel
41XKu-Zc3bL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Bright Shiny Morning
41zrFqEorBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I gave up on them half way through and 40 pages through, respectively.

Just finished reading Fevre Dream by George RR Martin.

Seems as though Twilight pinched a few ideas from it and bastardised them. Very good vampire novel, though not quite as good as Dracula.

Latest posts