• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Changes Would You Like For Rugby 06

J

jacob

What changes would you like to see from Rugby 2005 for Rugby 2006. Here is a few I would like to see.

(1) More Camera angles only 2 on Rugby 05 were playable and they were too far away
(2) More realistic rugby ref decisions there should be penalities for late tackles,early tackles,handling in the ruck,offside,collapising the mall. In rugby 05 comptuer never goes offside and u can tackle late and early.
(3) The forward player should be able to break more tackles as they are stronger.
(4) Players should be able in the tackle. some times
(5) Be able to decide what type of weather and the time of day u want to play in.
(6) Different types of weather conditions eg snowy, heavy rain,muddy like in rugby 2004
(7) Tour mode where countries like Ireland,england etc can tour countries like South Africa. New Zealand
(8) More licences
(9) In lions mode be able to play as home country

Here are my requirements (even if they are listed on the previous)

Offside problem sorted
High Tackles AND get penalised for them
More cards, yellow AND red
Tackling off the ground results in penalty
More licenses, preferebly Guinness Premiership at least, and maybe the Celtic League
Offloads occur more
Fighting can result in penalties and cards, but it is your choice to fight/have a scrap
Grounds updated i.s english stadia...instead of basics. (Franklins Gardens)
Graphics touched up here and there.
Game searched for bugs, BIG TIME

Career mode featuring not just league matches, such as the Guinnes Premierhip with The EEC or the HEC to compete for aswell as the Powergen/Anglo cup.

Real life referees such as:
Chris White
Tony Spreadbury
David Rose

AND you get to choose which referee to have officiating, each referee has different stats such as awareness, strictness etc

More camera angles

More up to date teams, and statistics i.e World rankings etc

Club mascots appear in the game, like Bernie the St Barnard for Northampton (not being biast here, honest
<
)

Official balls like Web Ellis and that other company.....damn I forget its name...DUH me...

Thats about it really until I post again laters...

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Nov 7 2005, 01:51 PM
Chris White
Tony Spreadbury
David Rose
Why not just put Steve Lander in there n'all. Than we can all hate the friigin thing even more!

Steve Lander has retired, otherwise it would be there, don't worry
<

Easy... put in historical refs as well. Oh yeah and Andre Watson!

Absolutely love him... you know being a brumbies supporter, cough!

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Nov 8 2005, 12:51 AM
Here are my requirements (even if they are listed on the previous)

Offside problem sorted
High Tackles AND get penalised for them
More cards, yellow AND red
Tackling off the ground results in penalty
More licenses, preferebly Guinness Premiership at least, and maybe the Celtic League
Offloads occur more
Fighting can result in penalties and cards, but it is your choice to fight/have a scrap
Grounds updated i.s english stadia...instead of basics. (Franklins Gardens)
Graphics touched up here and there.
Game searched for bugs, BIG TIME

Career mode featuring not just league matches, such as the Guinnes Premierhip with The EEC or the HEC to compete for aswell as the Powergen/Anglo cup.

Chris White
Tony Spreadbury
David Rose

AND you get to choose which referee to have officiating, each referee has different stats such as awareness, strictness etc

More camera angles

More up to date teams, and statistics i.e World rankings etc

Club mascots appear in the game, like Bernie the St Barnard for Northampton (not being biast here, honest
<
)

Official balls like Web Ellis and that other company.....damn I forget its name...DUH me...

Thats about it really until I post again laters...
Just to add, offloads would be nice! Not to mention a TOTAL overhaul of the animation system! As the current one massively constricts control and movement of the players...

I also think there should be something added so that the BaaBaa's wear their club socks. Just to add a bit of realism. Im sure this was raised a while ago too

I`d like an editor to edit Team Names, Staduim name and an editor for the Kits, as in madden football.

Then i`ll be happy as a pig in ****.

some of those things i think need to be in the game, dont need real refs thats not important.

i agree about the tackling and the camera views.

and definatly about the ai commiting penalties as well. more forward passes 2. well at least be called forward. (i think i have had 1 for me and 1 against me)

ai offside definatly.dont think we need more yellow/red cards it doesnt rally add to the game, it doesn't happen that often (well before the last 2 weeks it didnt')

thats just what i think atm

manager mode, make it so players progress, get older, get better etc.

be able to scout youth players in your country, be able to scout foreign players who are not on a club, negotiate with a player in the super 14 to come and play for your english club and vice versa

manager mode international

make it so you can develop your system with the u16-21 teams, have training in there, make it so theres multiple seasons of international, like every four years have the WC, then have tests in between, players get old, retire, etc. get better, call guys up against a weak opponent so they can get some experience...

stadium editor, edit stadiums, add on to stadiums, build new stadiums, sign and cut sponsorship deals, design uniforms and so on..

career mode you start out at 16-18 years of age with modest skill level(based on how you do at a training camp at the beginning), then through training, playing club rugby(with made up or real clubs), move up through the ranks until your playing big time rugby in the super 14 or any other "premier" league, and playing internationally,progressing in skill every season depending upon your performance, then once you get older your skill will start to decline you'll be cut internationally or forced to retire, then its over but then "the next generation" starts, and the cpu would generate a random child of yours with inherited attributes, say you were the fastest man in rugby at one point, your 18 year old would start out with 80 speed compared to the average start of say 73 or so..and they dont have to be the same position... then you can play through several generations, the ultimate goal of each is to become the best player in rugby/ or the captain of the international team you play for

dc...

Loads in terms of gameplay - if they sort that crap out (which they won't) i'd love an on-line option.

Giving it to Wally would be great
<

Has to have a microphone option!

id like to see vid refs,quick taps,line outs, better forward play, better tackle options
better commentary, improved ball physics, better kicking system, more accurate ratings, better inidividual player stats.

How about a referee mode - where you can harass the ref when decisions go against you. The more you do it the more chance you will get penalised but if you get it just right then the ref will start awarding you penalties and sending the opposition's players off.

And if you have a player like Gregan then the refs will send his stupid, lazy, fat, no-good arse straight to the bin even if he thinks about talking back to the ref.

No way. If HB try and do something that complicated, we a will see a frustrating ammount of bad decisions and annoying glitches.

Hell, they can't even recognise if a player has touched the dead ball line before grounding the ball for a try.

I think that the only way to get a decent rugby game out of HB is by having them not bother with gimmicks and just focus on core gameplay. They can add a decent franchise mode, but anything else will detract from time that could have been better spent.

like all other player attributes such as speed, handling, passing etc etc..
there needs to be a skills attribute...
it was very difficult to pull off a sidestep to beat a fullback...in R 05 and i dont think fends and shoulder barges were correctly implemented.

the skills attribute would determine the effectiveness of a player's skill and how easily then can pull it off...such as a sidestep, fend, shoulder barge (dropping the shoulder)..offloads

ofcoz...fends, shoulder barges will also need to be determined by power/strength attribute.

the main reason RL1 was more fun to play is because you can pull of fends, sidesteps, offloads and break tackles creating clean line breaks.

running on to the ball
offloads
no gap in the midfield
more set moves
smoother running and passing
20 X BETTER A.I
a quality career mode
more indepth in the super12/heineken cup season modes
correct player stats
or all players editable
better create a player-MORE INDEPTH
create a team options