• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What do you hate more in WCR?

What do you hate more in WCR?

• Bashing buttons till my fingers start bleeding...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scrums: too mechanical

• Line-outs: they're a lottery

• England: so difficult to beat

• AI kickers never fail!

• Off-sides and penalties: where are they?

• I want more teams!!!

• Total voters
V

Vibor

<
We love WCR - don't we?

But there's no love without hate
<

The button bashing - I would probably play this game more if it didn't have the button bashing and things that are related - eg not being able to win scrums on highest difficulty and stuff.

someone please add an all of the above option, because all those things shitted me about WCR... it's the reason I couldn't play it aft only 2 weeks...

I hate bashing,scrums mechanically and that unbeatable England.
But i still love this game,especially if u think rugby 2004 should be the other choice.I love graphic and the easy gameplay it has..i bought the pc version last week.lol

I really hate the button bashing and the sprint meter.

Trev,

Hows this for an idea, I haven't messed around with AI and game programming much yet, but, how about programming your players to play specific roles using some discreet mathematics with some boolean logic, props and other forwards in the backline irritated me just as much as the other irritations mentioned...If you have a good fetcher in your team,and some fast loosies, it would be great if they did the cleaning out, thus solving the breakdown issue, then it would come down to numbers at breakdown, that could resolve the button bashing issue. Individual player advantages and disadvantages should solve most of the above. Again I state that I haven't gone to much into AI, but is it possible to implement these into a class, giving each player a coded number, maybe, wich the class would decifer each time a player gets instantiated.

Not being able to select variable difficulty in tournaments and challenges. Once you can beat everyone on normal, the point of doing them rapidly evaporates. I rarely have the opportunity to play against another real person so the tournaments were it for me (If there is a way of doing this and I've just been too thick to find out how to do it, I apologise. Please -somebody tell me!).

Not being able to select my starting XV. Even given the limit of 22 men, choice is nice just for the sake of a little variety.

Button bashing is the biggest peev, as there are a lot of rucks happening in Union.

But it does keep things lively. And bleeding.

Yep, button bashing is old hat..........

If you were going to sit down and develop a rugby game (or pretty much any game) why would you even consider it???

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jan 29 2005, 09:20 AM
If you were going to sit down and develop a rugby game (or pretty much any game) why would you even consider it???
Well, I can see that it immediately makes it more of a contest between friends and keeps things fairly simple for the battle, i.e. get there and bash at the rucks -- I think that in someways, it almost parallels the physicality of the match into the physicality of playing the game.

I could go on and on as to why it would be considered.

Bottom line is that they did it, and the majority of feedback on this forum has been that we didn't really like it so much.

So, onwards and upwards for Swordfish.

The main downside (imo) is the tackling.
I play wcr with my bro & we are left frustrated in how you often u run passed a player and he doesn't react to tackle the guy. If they had a good tackling system included in the game me & my bro will be still playing to death!

I find the game great on the attack, but lack luster defending.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 19 2005, 09:34 AM
The button bashing - I would probably play this game more if it didn't have the button bashing and things that are related - eg not being able to win scrums on highest difficulty and stuff.
lol! I never lost any unless I couldn't be arsed! Need to work on your repeat reflex technique methinks....

England unbeatable some are saying - shesh this game was too easy - run near tackler, angle away, he drops, you're clear. Like JLR but easier and not well implemented.

The gameplay of JLR was best - but need bettergraphics and more options.
Rugby 2005 almost here...

If my point was missed it is that WCR sucked the barnicles from my grandmother's pussy.

All you guys who couldn't dominate it suck too...

All of the above plus more e.g. limited sprinting, the big hit joke and no offloads.....the list goes on. A shocker of a game.

I traded it in after just 4 days - no regrets whatsoever.

In the pull down list, the lack of club sides and real players.

However, my main annoyance oin the game is the **** poor rucking.

Hammer the buttons but the silly ******** won't bind and (dum-dur-de-dur!), the opponants win turnover ball...
<

i hate the button bashing but ive beaten england before
<

with new zealand and australia

Latest posts