• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What equipment do you wear while playing?

R

Randomness01

Hey just joined the forums, wondering if any of you know where i could buy a cup in the UK, just started playing properly and i'm 16 so gotta look after em if you get me.
Otherwise i just wear the usual with a mouthguard thanks

M

melon

Hey just joined the forums, wondering if any of you know where i could buy a cup in the UK, just started playing properly and i'm 16 so gotta look after em if you get me.
Otherwise i just wear the usual with a mouthguard thanks [/b]
You want to wear a cup whilst playing rugby?

Maybe you have been watching too much gridiron...

U

USA_Rugby

<div class='quotemain'> Hey just joined the forums, wondering if any of you know where i could buy a cup in the UK, just started playing properly and i'm 16 so gotta look after em if you get me.

[/b][/quote]

Oh my god, not again!

So what if you run 0.000001 % slower wearing a cup, it's worth it to protect your manhood.

There's nothing manly about not having testicles.

U

USB

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Hey just joined the forums, wondering if any of you know where i could buy a cup in the UK, just started playing properly and i'm 16 so gotta look after em if you get me.

[/b][/quote]

Oh my god, not again!

So what if you run 0.000001 % slower wearing a cup, it's worth it to protect your manhood.

There's nothing manly about not having testicles. [/b][/quote]

It seems ridiculous to want to wear a cup. I have never heard or seen of someone wanting to wear one in my life. Wear cycle/running shorts to keep everything in but honestly there is no need for a cup

U

USA_Rugby

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Oh my god, not again!

There's nothing manly about not having testicles. [/b][/quote]

It seems ridiculous to want to wear a cup. I have never heard or seen of someone wanting to wear one in my life. Wear cycle/running shorts to keep everything in but honestly there is no need for a cup
[/b][/quote]

It's not to "keep everything in." It's to protect your balls in case you get hit there.

Give me one good reason why you shouldn't wear a cup...

H

HarryPeters

A mouth guard and thats it.

I'm thinking of getting some of those undershorts, just to see what they do.

R

Randomness01

1) groin abrasion
2) hinders movement
3) this is rugby, not tiddlywinks
[/b]
haha well considering i've already lost one, to a rugby accident...

A

allblacksfreak

Just a shoulder pad, and mouthguard if needed... I like to play the way you play it in the islands.. barefoot and barechested if possible... I don't even like the long socks.. oh and I know my sig has me with a scrum cap, but that's only because my coach said I won't be allowed out without them, its pretty smart when u were concussed 2 days before..

S

Steve-o

Just a shoulder pad, and mouthguard if needed... I like to play the way you play it in the islands.. barefoot and barechested if possible... I don't even like the long socks.. oh and I know my sig has me with a scrum cap, but that's only because my coach said I won't be allowed out without them, its pretty smart when u were concussed 2 days before..
[/b]
Lol you have quite an obscure understanding of the word 'smart'