• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What equipment do you wear while playing?

As a prop I wear scum hat, undershorts and luminous green gumshield (you'd have to be a fool not to!).

That only gives your opposing prop a clearer target as to wear his fist should go.

Under armor(My left shoulder is f***ed so thats why i wear it),Skins short sleeve and a gumshield.

Black Gum sheild

thats it , ive been told in the past because of the way i tackle to use a scrum cap , but i cant be botherd

As a wing, generally I wear a Red longsleeve Cantebury under armour shirt (the one to keep you warm) Umbro undershorts and a shock doctor gumshield. I've got a pair of Cantebury gloves, but haven't worn them for a while. Lent a pair of KooGa pads from the Backs coach at my team, but wasn;'t fussed on them, so didn't bother buying a pair for myself.
I wouldn't wear a cup, ever, probably because it'd be hard to run with one of them on.

I wear a beer dispensing hard hat, mittens and waders.

Well the way I play I might as well be...

i wear cAp to protect mi head coz i must think with it :bleh!: i play flyhalf and aways flankers try to kill me.....shits hapen :cryy: :wall:

i cant believe someone can wear a cup in rugby. shocking. i just use gumshield n shoulder pads mainly cuz i had a shoulder injury 6 months ago and it still tweeks now n then, which isnt fun playing in the front row.

mouthgaurd and shoulder pads is what i wear. thinking about getting a scrum cap though just to have

Armband with metal plate underneath, Metal plated shin guards under my socks, American Football shoulder pads, head gear with a knights helmet underneath, brass knuckles under my rugby gloves coated with a foriegn substance, pink mouthgard, my little cousins (war) face paint, Two nutcups (I suffer elephantitis) Jandals with rusty nails attatched to the bottom, sweat stained stubbys I never wash for good luck and a gold grill for my bottom teeth.

Armband with metal plate underneath, Metal plated shin guards under my socks, American Football shoulder pads, head gear with a knights helmet underneath, brass knuckles under my rugby gloves coated with a foriegn substance, pink mouthgard, my little cousins (war) face paint, Two nutcups (I suffer elephantitis) Jandals with rusty nails attatched to the bottom, sweat stained stubbys I never wash for good luck and a gold grill for my bottom teeth. [/b]
Haha that reminds me of a piece of 'equipment' used by a couple of blokes on our school rugby league team.

We were up against our cross town rivals (the Catholic School)...a few of the boys playing in the forwards had shin pad shaped pieces of fibreglass about 50% thicker than shin pads. Anyway, the boys put it on their forearms and kept it there with what seemed like half a roll of strapping tape each (its quite common to have forearm taping here in Rugby League...mostly for injury reasons of course). They didn't tell the coach, but all the boys new.

About 5 minutes in to the game, our second rower Evan came over the top with a massive swinging arm in a 2 man tackle but he missed by ony a few mils and all the guys let out a kind of "ooooo" (because they knew what would have happened if it connected...) anyway, obviously the coach noticed this and he seemed a bit suspicious and low and behold he found out what was going on when just after half time and tensions were rising a guy was knocked out...the boys promptly came off...

...I can imagine your gear would cause a fair bit of friendly damage to the opposition!!!

speaking of which
I have said i worn a scrum cap, and we just had our first game of the season, and two practices after i feel like im 1 hit away from a concussion haha
I played flanker past game
got kicked in the head 3 times, high tackled 3 times (not 1 called), and at practice my own hooker headbutted me

so my question is where can I find a cheap good scrum cap?

I wear just the basics: shorts, jersey, socks, boots and mouthguards, although my doctor advised me to use a shoulder pad due a contusion I had there...

Latest posts