• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What equipment do you wear while playing?

Im center and iv tryed out all the gear but i hate gloves and shoulder pads . ( hate gumsheild to but you have to wear that where i play) But I like the scrum cap because i tackle hard.

Wear a CCC underarmour thing.
On top CCC pads
Shirts

Sometimes gloves for throwing - Not if its dry (not usual in Scotland!)

I can understand wearing a cup if you want your boys to work properly in the future but I wear a cap and mouth guard.

lycra shorts so my dick doesn't dangle out of my shorts.

when i remember, a mouthguard.

lycra shorts so my dick doesn't dangle out of my shorts.

when i remember, a mouthguard. [/b]

A marvelous invention called underwear is good for that as well. Underpants tend to go quite well with rugby shorts. :p

Lycra Shorts and shoulder pads. I used to war gloves, but after a few muddy games they just don't work anymore...

Other than my kit, rubber mouthguard, head protection (i think it's called scrum cap...) and a cup for my "family jewels". And a generous amount of tape around my right knee.

I tried to wear pads but i stopped using that a few years ago, i felt constricted. Also i don't like very much gloves, i eventually prefer to tape my little finger together with the ring fingers.

Apart from my kit, I just wear a mouthguard. (However it is a specially moulded one to fit around my braces)

would anyone recommend a padded vest for a winger? i just started training for the first time and really don't know the actual danger in the field against angry old fat men. i plan on using a mouthguard, but don't know what else should i use.

I think that protection isn't a role problem, a winger that prefers to wear more padding can surely do it. It's a question of safety, not of fashion. Also think that you can always use protection at first and then take them away if you see that you can play without (e.g. those old fat men can't catch you :p )
And remember that sometimes it's also a mental question:
you feel safer--->you feel more comfy on the pitch--->you play better :D

Believe me, use a mouthguard, if you never used at first you'll feel ankward but your teeth are something you better protect ;)

I think that protection isn't a role problem, a winger that prefers to wear more padding can surely do it. It's a question of safety, not of fashion. Also think that you can always use protection at first and then take them away if you see that you can play without (e.g. those old fat men can't catch you :p )
And remember that sometimes it's also a mental question:
you feel safer--->you feel more comfy on the pitch--->you play better :D

Believe me, use a mouthguard, if you never used at first you'll feel ankward but your teeth are something you better protect ;)
[/b]

thanks! i'll give it a try! i think i'll get a padded vest and a mouthguard. just nothing that would make me run slower. :D

yeah, I'm after some pads as well. Can anybody recommend any smallish thin pads. Nothing too big, just want some small protection because my shoulders been a bit dodgy for a while. And nothing that'll affect my mobility, doesn't help to have bad mobility on the wing.

yeah, I'm after some pads as well. Can anybody recommend any smallish thin pads. Nothing too big, just want some small protection because my shoulders been a bit dodgy for a while. And nothing that'll affect my mobility, doesn't help to have bad mobility on the wing.
[/b]

I saw an Adidas padded vest that looks good. Nothing too fancy. Saw it on www.lovell-rugby.co.uk

i just use the basics, mouthguard.........lol...occassionally i wear headgear...but i dont wanna screw up my ears

Mouthguard and headgear... I play as hooker... so the haedgear is important for me...

if not I put tape in my ears

Latest posts