• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Heads up massive savings on films with Amazon, Google play and Itunes.
Manged to get
Terminator 4K
Upgrade (Got my £9.99 purchase refunded and brought the now £2.99)
Black Klansman
Baby Driver 4K
Teen ***ans Go the movie (On google play)
The Meg (On google play)
Spiderman 4K
Spiderman 2 4K
Inglourious ********
Mean girls (Come at me)
Kong Skull Island
War for the planet of the apes
Rameo + Julliet
The Martian
Cammando

For under £36 (Brought a £30 gift card from amazon which gives £6 credit).
Itunes has most as 4K as standard but put off buying from Itunes till movies anywhere comes here.

Good list Tigs. Just got a 4K tv so will look at some of the deals from Google/Amazon.

iTunes is a bit of a fecker. Bought GOT s1-7 and regret it now as can't put it on my NAS because of DRM.

Good list Tigs. Just got a 4K tv so will look at some of the deals from Google/Amazon.

iTunes is a bit of a fecker. Bought GOT s1-7 and regret it now as can't put it on my NAS because of DRM.

I'm hoping Google play eventually upgrades all the movies it can to 4K for free (like it has done with the US store or Itunes)

Equally annoying when an Apple TV 4K costs like £140.

Just watched Mortal Engines, which was the only movie which I hadn't seen from all the big December releases.

Spider-Man into the Spiderverse was probably the best of those, followed by Bumblebee, Aquaman and Mortal Engines last and least. It had a pretty interesting mythology and lore (which held my interest for the first half at least) but it just seemed to fall apart in the second half and became an absolute mess.

Polar.
Could've been great Mads as a not too serious pastiche to John Wick works amazingly.
BUT
Poor writing, a pretty iffy supporting cast showing (Outside of Katheryn Winnick who I will hear no ill of!!!) and a Director who you can tell has never really done a proper film before.

I don't regret watching it, it similar to say Smokin' aces. But not going to watch it again.
(Matt Lucas was poorly cast)

Watched the first jackass film again last night,

Still holds up

Jackass number 2 is one of my favourite films of my youth.

Muppets Treasure island on E4 this morning

So good. Prefer Christmas Carol but both excellent with some absolute bangers in the soundtracks

Good times.
2sobwn.jpg

That's probably enough to sell it to me actually, though I haven't watched it in a while, Smokin' Aces is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Smokin aces, had a great ensemble performance from it's cast. Mads basically is the only good actor in the film IMO. (Matt Lucas is horrible in it IMO), but if you have Netflix it's still worth a watch.

Smokin aces, had a great ensemble performance from it's cast. Mads basically is the only good actor in the film IMO. (Matt Lucas is horrible in it IMO), but if you have Netflix it's still worth a watch.

Will keep in mind... Netflix just can't seem to work their magic on films the way they do on shows. I have seen some reviews of Velvet Buzzsaw (which I was really looking forward to) and that seems to be a disappointment too.

Surely that's pretty much any Disney film, though?
Yeah but this way they don't have to invest much/any time or money into screenplay, script, marketing (nostalgia sells itself) etc. The film's literally already written for them.

For comparison, Disney's last animated film made $494.6 million. No slouch but still nowhere near as much as the remakes.

I thought Jungle Book was brilliant, and Lion King looks great too.
Not seen Beauty and the Beast but by all accounts it's very good.

They were on to a stinker with Aladdin from the get-go, though - you'll never replace Robin Williams and whoever they cast would always have been compared to him. His character is almost bigger than the movie itself, so a remake was always going to draw criticism from fans.

Latest posts