• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What functions and features to look for in a new mobile phone?

V

veniqe

I have been thinking. I would like a new mobile phone. I have a k800i but the internet's a bit slow on this. So I'm in the market for a new phone. Any suggestions? What should I look out for?

It not really our place to tell you what you need...that is kind of up to you and the way you live your life.

However, it seems these days its critical to have a camera of atleast 2 mega pixels, bluetooth connectivity and web browsing ability. I'd recommend any of the Nokia mobiles with a full QWERTY keyboard or the more traditional types such as the high end N-series or possibly even the likes of an E71. However from my experience the processors can be slow at times.

Although I despise the Apple iPhone trend, i think they are increasingly becoming the way to go as they are in to later versions than the originals and have ironed out many of the bugs. Its a bloody good phone.

Hell, get a blackberry or any kind of Smartphone.

But as with everything, the more you tend to pay, the more you tend to get.

It all really depends if you are constantly sending emails for business or if you use it to play games, watch movies etc whilst commuting on public transport. Just think of all the variables and decide if you need a Business phone, Multimedia phone or Smart phone.

If you need a hand, tell us what kind of lifestyle you lead and we might be able to be more helpful.

Oy. I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. I'm using a k800i at the moment. And I'm not a big Nokia fan.

I use my phone mostly for the internet. And to make a few phone calls and send SMS's, too. I like the 3.2 Mega-pixel camera but I do have a normal camera. I'd love to get a phone with a faster internet connection; I would use it as a modem for my laptop.

I'm a copywriter.

What's with all this bloody mobile phone chat? As long as it can text and call people, who cares?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 28 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's with all this bloody mobile phone chat? As long as it can text and call people, who cares?[/b]

Excellent point!!
I have a mobile that has a camera and the only thing I use it for is to take stupid pictures of the people who call me frequently. Not exactly a necessary thing XD

I just use it to make calls. That's it. I still use my old Nokia 2210!

I think they found one of those recently buried with a t-rex.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 28 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's with all this bloody mobile phone chat? As long as it can text and call people, who cares?[/b]

Are you kidding me? Mobile phones are BIG. Mobile internet is BIG. There are more people who use the internet on their phones in Africa than there are people with laptops. Mobile phones are *not* just to make calls and send texts; mobile phones are one of the cheapest forms of being in touch with the rest of the world.

So unless you can give me some advice on which mobile phone is decent -- please, no iPhone; it's R7000 in SA -- I would rather not get into discussions about why I shouldn't post this thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (veniqe @ Jan 29 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 28 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you kidding me? Mobile phones are BIG. Mobile internet is BIG. There are more people who use the internet on their phones in Africa than there are people with laptops. Mobile phones are *not* just to make calls and send texts; mobile phones are one of the cheapest forms of being in touch with the rest of the world.

So unless you can give me some advice on which mobile phone is decent -- please, no iPhone; it's R7000 in SA -- I would rather not get into discussions about why I shouldn't post this thread.
[/b][/quote]

We're not in Africa, though, are we? We have computers, so why would you need another way to go online? We have cameras, so why would you need another way to take a photo?

Having said that, the iPhone is bloody nice... :D

There *are* a few here who use their phones to connect to the internet. I have a laptop, a cellphone and a camera. Why be limited to only one device?

Latest posts