• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I've been playing lots of medieval total war with the stainless steel mod. Makes the game so much more enjoyable.

I really can't wait though for kingdom come deliverance. There is a lack of sword and board medieval style games. It's a wonder more people haven't invested time into making a decent one. Skyrim lacked decent combat and was really buggy, wish there were more games out there with that genre
Have you played any of Rome 2 Total war? I was thinking of getting a laptop which would mainly be for Rome 2 & medieval 2 but heard mixed reviews about it.
I loved Rome 1 so wanted to start playing total war games

They completely ****ed up the UI for Rome 2 - I found it almost unplayable tbh.

On the other hand, Medieval 2 is probably my favourite Total War game.

Stoked for Total War: Warhammer though.

Can't believe that there haven't been more amazing Wargammer/GW based games - such a ridiculously ripe universe to mine.

It'll be interesting to see what TW:WH is like given it's the first game to not be rooted in history - frees them up quite a bit.

Dawn of War is the only series of note. I shudder to think how many hours I put into those over the years. Blood Bowl is quite fun but there were some horrible bugs.

Can't believe that there haven't been more amazing Wargammer/GW based games - such a ridiculously ripe universe to mine.

It'll be interesting to see what TW:WH is like given it's the first game to not be rooted in history - frees them up quite a bit.
Yeah, one of the biggest advantages is being able to make each faction have its own mechanics. There's little to separate most nations other than a few unique units and starting position in most Total War games.

The drawback is the time taken having to animate all this diversity.

Have you played any of Rome 2 Total war? I was thinking of getting a laptop which would mainly be for Rome 2 & medieval 2 but heard mixed reviews about it.
I loved Rome 1 so wanted to start playing total war games

Loved Rome 1 but Rome 2 was just horrible. Couldn't put my finger on one thing they have changed but loads of little annoying things made it loose all atmosphere.

You have to try medieval 2 stainless steel mod if you haven't already, it takes a good game and makes it epic!!

Dawn of War is the only series of note. I shudder to think how many hours I put into those over the years. Blood Bowl is quite fun but there were some horrible bugs.
Blood Bowl was less buggy its biggest flaw was the AI was terrible with zero concept of game score.

Just finished the main storyline of Far Cry 4 - bloody loved it!

I wouldn't place it in the same class as a game like The Last of Us, but I enjoyed it too (just got done with the main missions). I love the open world style, which has always been something I enjoy, and it's cool how there is heaps to do if you're aiming for 100%. But how the game ended was a little underwhelming in my opinion.

Storyline wise I think I expected a bit more. More involvement/interaction with Pagan Min, a more psychotic/loathsome side to him than the sophisticated and passive aggresive personality, less hallucinogenic missions.

Last edited:
Axiom Verge - ****ing awesome, fans of Metroidvanias should definitely check it out.

Star Wars Battlefront beta.
Absolutely loving it.
It's not....traditional battle front, you can't jump in and out of vehicles etc (seeing x wings on Hoth you can't just take is annoying) but graphically it's stunning and I'm really enjoying the game play.
I'm going to think of it as seperate to the previous battlefront games, and when i do its a really solid star wars FPS.

It's alright ATM growing as I get better gear but I do miss being able to get into vehicles when I want basically (although that might be another game mode) really love the sound and music.

Been playing a fair amount of Fifa 16 and Counter Strike GO. Checked out ARK as well for a while but got a burnt out on it and will probably wait until it gets its actual release to dive in again. But there are three massive games coming out in the next three months that are definitely going to knock the wallet significantly (Battlefront, Rugby Challenge 3 and Fallout 4).

Latest posts