• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I've been playing operation flashpoint red river. It's an older game but I love realistic (as you can really get) shooters.

Would recommend it if you like that genre

Only just got a PS4, but currently I'm playing Rugby League Live 3 and Alien:Isolation. Isolation is pretty freaky and awesome I've got to say.. it's also possibly the most interesting and engaging Alien experience since the first Alien movie.

Dark Souls. Again. Partly because I realised I'd never made an Int/Str build to abuse the DLC spells but mostly cause I'm salty about not being picked for the network/beta test that just happened for DS III.

Manus is still a total sumbeatch.

Same. Who are you going to play as first? I needs me to call a Waaagh! and kick dem humiez where the sun dont shine

Okay, I kind of want a 40k Warhammer next but I have no idea how that would work.

Gonna hold off on this, only 4 armies intially? Think I'll wait for the rest to be added and get a GOTY edition.

Is that 4 armies including the pre order bonus? You get Chaos with a preorder.

J'nuh; you must have played the Dawn of War series? If not go get 'em! Multiplayer is' alas, dead as hell but the campaigns are still really fun. I'd recommend Dark Crusade most but possibly cause the multiplayer was at its peak back then. Soulstorm is also great. I found the original and Winter Assault fun but a little too on-rails by comparison.

Yup the pre-order bonus is badly written as well it's a Chaos Warrior unit for Chaos not the army itself.

Picked up Elite Dangerous last night shall be playing it once my new flight stick arrives (throttle broke off my 15 year old Sidewinder Pro 2)

That's kinda lame. Sounds like there's going to be some gouging DLC if that's the benchmark.

My list of games to get

Fallout 4 (Release date)
Witcher 3 (waiting for GOTY)
Arkham Knight (as above)
Just Cause 3

On fence about:
Need for speed (desperate to relive feels of Underground 2)
Battlefront (just on the fence).

AoE2 is an amazing game. 3 wasn't bad either mind.

I was playing on Assassins's Creed 2, until I finished it. Will probably move on to Left 4 Dead 2 as soon as my PC is fixed.

im still playing AOE 2 also, they brought out a new version with more pop and expanisions and also people can make and share there own mods meaning pretty much anything is possible with the game now, including having a pirate faction which is pretty cool as you can have like sea walls raids and loads more

My list of games to get

Fallout 4 (Release date)
Witcher 3 (waiting for GOTY)
Arkham Knight (as above)
Just Cause 3

On fence about:
Need for speed (desperate to relive feels of Underground 2)
Battlefront (just on the fence).

Arkham Knight was fantastic and well worth the money mate. Did you play the others.

Just picked up the Witcher 3 today. Not played the others, so hoping it's as god it sounds/looks.

It's really just a stop gap until Star Wars....

Is that 4 armies including the pre order bonus? You get Chaos with a preorder.

J'nuh; you must have played the Dawn of War series? If not go get 'em! Multiplayer is' alas, dead as hell but the campaigns are still really fun. I'd recommend Dark Crusade most but possibly cause the multiplayer was at its peak back then. Soulstorm is also great. I found the original and Winter Assault fun but a little too on-rails by comparison.
Played all of them now. :(

Dawn of War was okay as far as RTS games go. I liked the campaign and everything. But I'm no good at macroing and base-building, so it was never going to be totally enjoyable. I do love that all of the factions were completely different though, even though the Space Marines were still the most enjoyable to play. I thought the games with an open-map campaign should have used that as a side-game rather than the campaign, I definitely preferred story-based campaigns. Especially because all you had to do was build a massive base on each conquered territory, and no army was ever going to bother you on your conquered territories then. Still, not as good as Company of Heroes, Age of Mythology or World in Conflict IMO.

Dawn of War 2 was a lot better for me, Retribution aside. I just wish the campaign could have been constructed in a way that was procedurally generated without too much repetition. The "go kill a massive bug / defend this territory" side quests just weren't that fun. It would have been nice if the equipable items had cosmetic effects on your characters too.

Warhammer 40k is just begging to be made into an XCOM-like turn-based tactics game. It would be perf in that format.

I'm a big Batman fan Arkham Knight was great however Witcher 3 is pure gold probably one the best games I've played in years I think I've logged something like 65 hours into it....

I'm a big Batman fan Arkham Knight was great however Witcher 3 is pure gold probably one the best games I've played in years I think I've logged something like 65 hours into it....

Excellent news. I'll be unwrapping it tomorrow morning. May need to set an alarm not to miss the final!

Well FO4 isn't getting the best of reviews.

Part of me is tempted to seek my pipboy (which I get tomorrow) and by the standard game ASAP.

Should easier get my money back and then some on fleabay.

Well FO4 isn't getting the best of reviews.

Part of me is tempted to seek my pipboy (which I get tomorrow) and by the standard game ASAP.

Should easier get my money back and then some on fleabay.
91, 89 and 89 on Metacritic for the XONE, PS4 and PC versions... you've got some very high standards! :p

91, 89 and 89 on Metacritic for the XONE, PS4 and PC versions... you've got some very high standards! :p
To be fair you can't really trust reviews from sites - they'll give ever AAA game very high scores regardless.

I've heard it's buggy, but no more than every other Bethesda game ever.
Not planning on picking it up for a while (either price drop, or decent 2nd hand prices) so no worry for me :p

Latest posts