• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

Been playing Mafia Definitive Edition and it is superb,
Not played the original since I was about 13, so it feels like a whole new game

Such a shame Rockstar cheaper out and remastered, rather than remade, the GTA trilogy for their Definitive Editions,
Guess it leaves the door open for them to release remakes in a few years time and bleed more money from the fanbase, the money hungry bar stewards

Been playing Mafia Definitive Edition and it is superb,
Not played the original since I was about 13, so it feels like a whole new game

Such a shame Rockstar cheaper out and remastered, rather than remade, the GTA trilogy for their Definitive Editions,
Guess it leaves the door open for them to release remakes in a few years time and bleed more money from the fanbase, the money hungry bar stewards
I actually played GTA III, Vice city and san andrea on my phone a couple of years back, and they were a lot of fun, will consider grabbing the trilogy for the switch once i finish KotOR, ive moved past the low res of the graphics being jaring and am just enjoying the story

I actually played GTA III, Vice city and san andrea on my phone a couple of years back, and they were a lot of fun, will consider grabbing the trilogy for the switch once i finish KotOR, ive moved past the low res of the graphics being jaring and am just enjoying the story

Buyer beware

Buyer beware
It seems to me that anyone buying a game shortly after release is paying full price to be a beta tester for the developer.

I can be smug in saying that as a 10-15 year hiatus in gaming means that I have a massive back catalogue to work my way through, so I'm not bothered about picking up new releases which may or may not work on my 2-3 year old hardware and will cost me more money. That said, I still found the bugs in Skyrim infuriating. I know that there are mods to fix most things, but was playing in vanilla so that the achievements worked.

I finally found RDR2 for a price I was willing to pay a month or so ago and am enjoying it immensely. Is anyone here mad enough to have 100%'d it? I'm not convinced that I'd have done it by this time next year even if I don't touch another game.

It seems to me that anyone buying a game shortly after release is paying full price to be a beta tester for the developer.

I can be smug in saying that as a 10-15 year hiatus in gaming means that I have a massive back catalogue to work my way through, so I'm not bothered about picking up new releases which may or may not work on my 2-3 year old hardware and will cost me more money. That said, I still found the bugs in Skyrim infuriating. I know that there are mods to fix most things, but was playing in vanilla so that the achievements worked.

I finally found RDR2 for a price I was willing to pay a month or so ago and am enjoying it immensely. Is anyone here mad enough to have 100%'d it? I'm not convinced that I'd have done it by this time next year even if I don't touch another game.
It depends wholly on the company many games are released with basic issues and some still need huge effort of work. Bethesda being a prime candidate.

It depends wholly on the company many games are released with basic issues and some still need huge effort of work. Bethesda being a prime candidate.
I think Skyrim is the only game of theirs I've played (the last time I played Doom, it was iD Software's). Given the size of the game, I can understand there being bugs at release time, but the fact that they were still there when I played it 10 years later, it suggests that there's not a lot of appetite for fixing them (unless the Anniversary Edition mods make an attempt). I could understand as a business decision leaving it to third parties to fix, but if this was the case, surely a way could be found to avoid mods breaking the achievements (without messing with other achievements).

Based on the above and on Cyberpunk 2077, it seems like there's a case for adding Rockstar and CD Projekt Red to the list of developers to beware of.

I think Skyrim is the only game of theirs I've played (the last time I played Doom, it was iD Software's). Given the size of the game, I can understand there being bugs at release time, but the fact that they were still there when I played it 10 years later, it suggests that there's not a lot of appetite for fixing them (unless the Anniversary Edition mods make an attempt). I could understand as a business decision leaving it to third parties to fix, but if this was the case, surely a way could be found to avoid mods breaking the achievements (without messing with other achievements).

Based on the above and on Cyberpunk 2077, it seems like there's a case for adding Rockstar and CD Projekt Red to the list of developers to beware of.
CDPR have previous if release day witcher 3 is to be understood (I played it years later) and RockStar games beyond RDR2 have never grabbed me.

Basically anything 'open world' should be met with caution.

Recently got a PS5. Swinging around as Spiderman is great craic.
Jealous - given up trying now but tried for a few weeks during October and failed at every turn, either sitting in online queues before being told they'd sold out, or getting one in my basket only for them to sell out before checkout

One day I'll own one,
One day

Jealous - given up trying now but tried for a few weeks during October and failed at every turn, either sitting in online queues before being told they'd sold out, or getting one in my basket only for them to sell out before checkout

One day I'll own one,
One day

I feel kinda bad. I already have a series x and I'm not really a huge gamer. I kept twitter alerts on for it and got one from littlewoods luckily enough. Though I probably got extorted slightly. I've never has a PlayStation so my plan is to make my way through a lot of the classic catalogue. I've been envious of a lot of the single player story driven games for a good while.

One day I'll own one,
One day
Brexit I bet. In most efficient und sexy European country Germany we can't move for tripping over PS5s and Xboxs. I use one of my 14 Nintendo Switches as a Frisby and regularly tip the delivery guy a Series X.

In all seriousness, tis mad how undersupplied these consoles still are. There's a few sources you can get them reliably enough at home, but you have to be on the ball. I haven't bothered yet because I'm an Xboxer and nothing there really has pushed me to buy one.

On another note I just started the Mass Effect Legendary edition. Never played these games before, but enjoying it so far.

Brexit I bet. In most efficient und sexy European country Germany we can't move for tripping over PS5s and Xboxs. I use one of my 14 Nintendo Switches as a Frisby and regularly tip the delivery guy a Series X.

In all seriousness, tis mad how undersupplied these consoles still are. There's a few sources you can get them reliably enough at home, but you have to be on the ball. I haven't bothered yet because I'm an Xboxer and nothing there really has pushed me to buy one.

On another note I just started the Mass Effect Legendary edition. Never played these games before, but enjoying it so far.
Supply chains in building the damn things. Pretty much the entire computer hardware development industry is under huge problem getting components for their PCB's currently. Lost track how many times I've been told this in meetings (missed todays one on it).

Aye, I know a few people who have got them from just keeping an eye on the various stock checker apps, I'm just too lazy for that nonsense - plus there's not tooooo much that's making me really jones for one/make me keep an eye out 24/7 (I want to play AC: Valhalla, Farcry 6 and Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, but I can wait really - it's not like a GTA6-level-game has launched exclusively or anything)

Did pick up a Switch OLED the other day, though - loving a bit of Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey
Will probably pick up some more long form games soon - Skyrim, or Witcher etc., the kinda ones where I've not got the energy to replay fully focused but wouldn't mind having them in hand held format for watching TV etc.

I feel kinda bad. I already have a series x and I'm not really a huge gamer. I kept twitter alerts on for it and got one from littlewoods luckily enough. Though I probably got extorted slightly. I've never has a PlayStation so my plan is to make my way through a lot of the classic catalogue. I've been envious of a lot of the single player story driven games for a good while.
Pretty much my movement from PC to PS4 3.5 years back was driven by this don't regret it in the slightest (except Cyberpunk 2077 barely being able to run on PS5).

Aye, I know a few people who have got them from just keeping an eye on the various stock checker apps, I'm just too lazy for that nonsense - plus there's not tooooo much that's making me really jones for one (I want to play AC: Valhalla, Farcry 6 and Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, but I can wait really - it's not like GTA6 has launched or something)

Did pick up a Switch OLED the other day, though - loving a bit of Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey
Will probably pick up some more long form games soon - Skyrim, or Witcher etc., the kinda ones where I've not got the energy to replay fully focused but wouldn't mind having them in hand held format for watching TV etc.
Swictcher apparently runs very poorly, like its something that exists and it is playable but get a prev-gen XBox or PS4 for it instead.

I've been playing Breath of the Wild on mine and its my third attempt but first since I bough a controller instead using the joy-cons and its made my playing experience so much better.

Aye, I know a few people who have got them from just keeping an eye on the various stock checker apps, I'm just too lazy for that nonsense - plus there's not tooooo much that's making me really jones for one/make me keep an eye out 24/7 (I want to play AC: Valhalla, Farcry 6 and Ghost of Tsushima on PS5, but I can wait really - it's not like a GTA6-level-game has launched exclusively or anything)

I have a Switch too and Breath of the Wild blows anything else on the console out of the water. Just a really complete game, not overbearing with story or anything and the exploration is a joy.

Swictcher apparently runs very poorly, like its something that exists and it is playable but get a prev-gen XBox or PS4 for it instead.
Did wonder about that,
It's Skyrim I've more got my eye on - though I begrudge paying £25 for something so old/that I already own on PC (and that was in their Black Friday sale)

I have a Switch too and Breath of the Wild blows anything else on the console out of the water. Just a really complete game, not overbearing with story or anything and the exploration is a joy.
I'd completely forgotten about BotW - I think probably because i've never played a Zelda game before (we were a Sega household, so Megadrive/Dreamcast and then Playstation instead of SNES/N64/Gamecube)

Literally heard nothing but good things about it, though, so sounds like my next purchase

One day I'll own one,
One day

The Hotstocks app worked for me on the second attempt. Ended up having to buy a bundle because the standalone disc machines get scalped, but since it was Deathloop and an extra pad I didn't really mind.

BotW is astounding.

Latest posts