• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I really enjoyed the gameplay of Jedi: Fallen Order so I'm not a billion miles away from enjoying it. Fallen Order needed a bit more on the gear front but its skill progression was good.

I'd suggest giving it another shot now that you have played something fairly similar and enjoyed it.

I played Demons Souls back in 2010 and I just didn't know what to make of it... I struggled through the whole thing out of a combination of bloody-mindedness and there not being any other games out at the time that I fancied playing. On completing it, I just kinda thought 'thank **** that is over!'!

Then I skipped Dark Souls 1 & 2 on the basis that I thought at the time why would I want to submit myself to the same kind of torture I endured with Demons... but when Bloodborne released on PS4 I was so desperate for something on my new console that I bought it day one. That first session on BB was massively illuminating... it turns out I had been missing the game mechanics and specific genre since Demons Souls but they were in some massive blind-spot masked by the thoughts of how punishing the From Soft games are.

I got sucked back in and bought Dark Souls 1 & 2 (& 3 when it released the following year) and just played them all on a continuous cycle for about 3 years... even dusted off my PS3 last year to replay Demon's (which is still one of my faves). I even like the clones like Nioh, Lords of the Fallen, Surge & Immortal Unchained. Once you're into this sub-genre they are the only games that can scratch that itch. The clones don't come anywhere near the From Soft games in terms of lore, atmosphere and environmental story-telling though.

Sekiro 'almost' broke me though, I very nearly quit out of a boss fight where I must've died 50 times before finally getting the win. Was worth it though, great game and so happy for Miyazaki to finally win Game of the Year.

For me....and just me. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played.

mid probably go (in no particular order):

god of war
The last of us
Skyrim

Not a definitive list just the ones I enjoyed the most.

Just finished Days Gone and it was great... so underrated. Takes a bit of getting into as when you start you're at a low level with no skills etc. so you have to play carefully but once you've levelled up and are taking down hordes it's a blast.

Great story too, it blends Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead and puts it in a pretty great (& huge once it's opened up) open world.

The two big Sony exclusives this year (Days Gone and Death Stranding... well DS will be coming to PC too eventually) got some real bad press and reviews but I thought both were pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Got Mortal Kombat 11 as a christmas gift and started playing it last week. Love it that we can customize the fighters and their moves to suit a specific gameplay. Still ****** that my wife gets the better of me when she just smashes the buttons and hope for the best.

Anyone gonna get DBZ: Kakarot?

It's like the millionth time they've rehashed the same storylines, and I've already got Xenoverse (which didn't really grip me), but I'm tempted...

After a year or 2 seeing in in many greatest of all time lists, I've finally got around to playing 'The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild'.

I wouldn't have much interest in buying a switch or Wii U just for 1 game but instead I downloaded the Cemu emulator and played it on my PC. Looks much better than on the switch.

It's a great game. I think the mechanics and freedom you have are top class. All the things you can do and interact with are also very impressive. I can see why people have this as their favourite game.

The fighting mechanics are good and there are multiple ways of attacking enemies so it allows creativity. There are multiple ways to get to places too. For instance at one stage I had to go up a dangerous path to get to some kind of fish people kingdom. I knew I didn't have good enough weapons to battle my way up there so I went the mountain route instead.

There are plenty of puzzles to solve as well especially in the 120 shrines that you must find.

The story isn't in the witches 3's league and it can get a bit annoying, having to keep changing weapons and going into the inventory. Weapons only last a few shots so you'll be doing this often.

I've played about 15 hours and only seen part of the map because it is massive!!

It's a great game.

Reinstalled Steep (forgot I got it with PS+ recently so I don't need to hunt the disc out)

Perfect chillout game

After a year or 2 seeing in in many greatest of all time lists, I've finally got around to playing 'The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild'.

I wouldn't have much interest in buying a switch or Wii U just for 1 game but instead I downloaded the Cemu emulator and played it on my PC. Looks much better than on the switch.

It's a great game. I think the mechanics and freedom you have are top class. All the things you can do and interact with are also very impressive. I can see why people have this as their favourite game.

The fighting mechanics are good and there are multiple ways of attacking enemies so it allows creativity. There are multiple ways to get to places too. For instance at one stage I had to go up a dangerous path to get to some kind of fish people kingdom. I knew I didn't have good enough weapons to battle my way up there so I went the mountain route instead.

There are plenty of puzzles to solve as well especially in the 120 shrines that you must find.

The story isn't in the witches 3's league and it can get a bit annoying, having to keep changing weapons and going into the inventory. Weapons only last a few shots so you'll be doing this often.

I've played about 15 hours and only seen part of the map because it is massive!!

It's a great game.

It is a good/great game... though I didn't end up completing the story for some reason.

As you've mentioned though the a Puzzle shrines are phenomenal... think that's why I stopped playing actually. I ran out of shrines.

Last edited:
Im currently (pretty half-heartedly) trying to mop up the platinum on Dark Souls 3... the farming for the last couple of trophies is killing me though and I'm finding little motivation to boot the PS4 up if I'm honest.

A result of which is I'm trying to weigh up my next purchase... I'm split between Surge 2, Code Vein, Ashen, Star Wars: Fallen Order and Control.

Any game you can sink 100+ hours into sounds good to me.
It got a bad rep... probably more to do with it's director and wanting to be different more than anything to do with the game itself imo. The story and performances are just top notch (though it probably helps if your into trippy sci-fi and dystopia), the gameplay loop is surprisingly satisfying... particularly as you develop your game world with your constructions... and on a purely cosmetic basis the soundtrack is maybe my favourite of all time (this or Nier: Automota) and it just looks gorgeous. There were times where it felt like I was playing PS5.

Latest posts