• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I downloaded the free to play COD: Warzone game a few days ago. I think it's my first time playing COD since Black Ops in 2010/2011 when I got bored of the same thing. Warzone is a battle royal game which is interesting.

Firstly it was an 83GB download! Wasn't expecting that.

The gameplay was enjoyable. I don't play shooters on PC these days because I like playing with a controller but it's a massive disadvantage playing against people using keyboard and mouse. This though seemed to group all the controller users together and because it's cross platform I was mainly playing with Xbox and playstation players.

Anyway it's not all run and gun like the previous COD games I played. They got progressively dumber. This battle royal mode allows for some strategy. For instance I soon found that it's better to go high on a rooftop and wait for the initial killing frenzy to cool down. 150 players split into 50 teams of 3. I would gather a good arsenal of weapons and make my way slowly through the streets to the center where the gas was closing in on. Got caught by the gas a few times because I wasn't paying attention to it.

Had something like 14 games. My team won 1, I came in 4th in another and in other games I was killed straight away. When you parachute down try to avoid the crowd.

It was good fun but frustrating at times. Being in a good team is also important.

Anyway I'm play FF7 for the umpteenth time read for the remake in just over 3 weeks (hopefully still digitally available).

Anyone have any recommendations for games with good stories that you don't have to particularly skilled at to enjoy? On Xbox so that rules out a number. Have enjoyed games like Witcher 3, the rockstar games, older assassins creedsand the Arkham games.

Anyone have any recommendations for games with good stories that you don't have to particularly skilled at to enjoy? On Xbox so that rules out a number. Have enjoyed games like Witcher 3, the rockstar games, older assassins creedsand the Arkham games.
Ughhhhh the XBox kinda ties a hand behind my back....nope everything I've played heavy storywise is PS4 only or its Witcher 3.

Ughhhhh the XBox kinda ties a hand behind my back....nope everything I've played heavy storywise is PS4 only or its Witcher 3.

Yeah there's a few Sony exclusives that have tempted me over the years but I couldn't ever justify two consoles.

Sleeping Dogs can be had for a few quid these days (came out at the end of last gen and was remastered for current gen)
One of my favourite games of all time

Sleeping Dogs can be had for a few quid these days (came out at the end of last gen and was remastered for current gen)
One of my favourite games of all time

Actually have it, had played some of it and just stopped for some reason. Might give it another go.

Bioshock series
Wolfenstein 1+2
Prey
Tomb Raider + Rise of + Shadow of
Metro series

Looking at game pass you also have (You can get good free trial deals on the different Game passes)
would recommend from it.
Alien Isolation
Ori
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Metro series
Prey
Wolfenstein 1+2
Middle earth shadow of war

The LOTR Shadow Of games are brilliant

I'm also a sucker for Far Cry games so 4, 5 or Primal are worth a crack too

March sale on the PS+ has some good deals on atm

Also just remembered another single player game I really enjoyed: Mafia 3 (very different to the first two as it's set in Vietnam era and you're not a traditional mafia guy, however it's a good game with a killer soundtrack)

Have my Nintendo Switch ordered. Supposed to come tomorrow or Friday. Honestly don't understand it that well, but looking forward to playing some of the games they have on it. Got Pokemon with the thing. Separated from my XBOX as she's down in Cork and I'm in Dublin but we'll be together again soon. I would tear armies down to be with you babe, us against the world. Ahem anyway hoping to play some COD Warzone when I have the XBOX back. Looks pretty fun, if very frustrating BR.
Played some Town of Salem with mates the other night. Good craic for a few hours.

Have my Nintendo Switch ordered. Supposed to come tomorrow or Friday. Honestly don't understand it that well, but looking forward to playing some of the games they have on it. Got Pokemon with the thing. Separated from my XBOX as she's down in Cork and I'm in Dublin but we'll be together again soon. I would tear armies down to be with you babe, us against the world. Ahem anyway hoping to play some COD Warzone when I have the XBOX back. Looks pretty fun, if very frustrating BR.
Played some Town of Salem with mates the other night. Good craic for a few hours.
I recommend Octopath Traveller if you want to get your JRPG on.

Breath of the Wild and Mario Oddesy are good shouts as well

I just bought Animal Crossing: New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch.

Social distancing and self-isolation gonna be sweet.

a great time to be playing video games. think I will dust down my PS4 and have another try of RDR2 when I get the time to play.

Anyone played Conan exiles?

I was just googling open world games and thought it looked interested but got very mixed reviews.

Latest posts