• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Intruments you play

This is what my gorgeous Electric guitar, it set me back £600, but it's the best guitar i've ever had and it's my favourite...the Ibanez S570: -

s5701.jpg

s5703.jpg

And this is my Tanglewood acoustic. It's a nice enough acoustic, only £200, but it does sound good: -

TD8ST-MED.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 15 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 13 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recorder: Basic level[/b]

Woah, woah woah!

I could have said recorder! That's a bullshit instrument they force you to play at school and for some reason you can't seem to forget how to play it.
[/b][/quote]
Exactly....though I have actually had a bit of fun jamming with it and it is the precursor before learning the sax. So yeah woosaah.....YOU CAN PLAY SAX!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Oct 15 2008, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 14 2008, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummmm.....Faatau is English you know.

I play -

Drums: Basic level
Guitar: Basic level
Base: Basic level
Piano: Basic level
Recorder (haha!): Medium level
Saxophine: Medium level
Harmonica (Diatonic Cross Harp): World Class level.

Yes believe it or not on the harmonica I have learnt almost every riff there is to learn and then some. There is only one cross harp harmonica player in the world which I would say is beyond my ability. His name is Jimmy Z who has recorded for the Eurythmics and also plays saxophone for the Eurythmics. It is not him though who is playing the harmonica in the recording "There muist be an Angel", that is actually Stevie Wonder who is arguably the best Chromatic Harmonica player in the world. Jimmy Z did play live on that song for Eurythmics at Wembley for the 1988 Nelson Mandela concert in what is probaly the best ever live soloever recorded...it is this performance which set him apart from the rest of the world as he played riffs that to this day that I have not been able to replicate. You can see this on youtube.
Jimmy Z live on stage[/b]

OOOOKKKKKKAyyyyy! I did aim at flag, but tha's OK I think ;) ;) ;) ;)

Well guys you are talented ones, and GG have you ever played for Led Zeppelin?? or The Rolling Stones or some world famous band??? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;)
[/b][/quote]
No sadly the harmionca is not utilised at the moment for anything.

Though I have had an inkling to approach Nesian Mystic and toot along in some of their songs. I think my style of playing owuld suit them.

I have been recorded once to fill in on a track for a useless beand that didn;t get a contract.

I can't play anything... And I feel like a douche for being too lazy to learn how to play anything...
Saxophone, Violin, Guitar and Piano all appeal to me, mind.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 15 2008, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can't play anything... And I feel like a douche for being too lazy to learn how to play anything...
Saxophone, Violin, Guitar and Piano all appeal to me, mind.[/b]

I recommend that you learn...it will open up a whole new world for you.

I am lucky that I learnt an instrument. Lucky as in I was not muscial to being with as a teenager. I left school at 15 and hung around Maori people (I am Samoan). They were always playing instruments, guitar, harmonica etc at these parties. It was here that I heard blues and rock for the first time...me coming from a pop only background.

As a young teenager wanting to make an impression I thought that perhaps if I learnt to play an instrument then some of these Maori girls might fancy me. No confidence in my looks. So I took up the harmonica.

My theory...the better I was at this instrument the more girls would like me....haha!

Eventually I though....any girl would like me if I was the best in the world.

So I practiced religiously everday and night trying to get better. Not because I loved music...but because I wanted to impress girls.

Then something happened...the MIRACLE OF MUSIC happened. In the course of learning my instrument I learnt to CREATE. I learnt that music really is about creativity, self expression, unity, etc. My attitude towards playing the harmonica shifted towards wanting to create as a means to wanting to impress. It was here through the gift of creativity which was now BORN into my life as a 16 year old that my life changed.

Ever since then....I rarely touch the harmonica at all....but that doesn't really matter. Because in the course of learning how to play and taking pride in how I played and slaving away with the discipline required to master a skill....I learnt to CREATE....and this became a LIFE skill for me to use in ALL areas of my life.

From those teenage days my cognitive thought patterns have "creativity" wired into them. In just about everything I do my brain naturally starts to get creative...I think out strategies to improve things....I think outside the box...etc.

This my friend is what will happen if you discipline yourself to learn an instrument. It is better than drugs....it will open your mind to being creative and seeing possibilities. You will play rugby and see possibilities...you will be more creative than you were before. When you make love to a women you will have more ideas to please her. When you plan a holiday you will think of things people miss. when you post on TRF you will be a bit more enlightened lol!

Unfortunately there is no easy road to learing an instrument. It is a discipline and takes a few years to even master competently. However you will be set for life as your brain will see things in a multidimensional way.

I have to say I was very very "lucky" to learn instruments. I had no interest in music....I just wanted to impress girls with something lol!

I play the Bass Guitar, am learning a few chords on the guitar from friends, am about to pick up the trumpet, and I used to play the violin. The theory is I will get into a band (atm I just jam with a few friends) and that way I will pick up more instruments, become better at Bass and generally just become a musician. That's the theory anyway :D

I want to learn bass, i think i'd be good at it. I have actually recorded my own cds.. you can find a few of my songs (5) in the link on the first post of mine on this thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 15 2008, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I want to learn bass, i think i'd be good at it. I have actually recorded my own cds.. you can find a few of my songs (5) in the link on the first post of mine on this thread.[/b]

Contact John Paul Johnes from Led Zeppelin ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

He is great Basist (and not only of course)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 16 2008, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I want to learn bass, i think i'd be good at it. I have actually recorded my own cds.. you can find a few of my songs (5) in the link on the first post of mine on this thread.[/b]

Seeing as you already play guitar, it should be fairly easy to pick up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 15 2008, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Me;

Guitar;
Les Paul (Black Gothic)[/b]

Not a Gibson by any chance Mite? Would f***ing love a Gibson LP Standard if I could afford to shell out 5g's. I have a Gibson SG and Mexican made Fender Strat (it's ****).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 15 2008, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is what my gorgeous Electric guitar, it set me back £600, but it's the best guitar i've ever had and it's my favourite...the Ibanez S570: -

s5701.jpg

s5703.jpg
[/b]

Do you shred RC? I can't play these shred style guitars, my mate has a Jackson (not sure which model) but the neck feels too small and I'm not use to having 24 frets. Great looking guitar though, bet you kick ass on it.

Aight, I play digiridoo, djembe, mouth harp ( but just for the laugh) and I make electronic sounds on my computer.
some people call it music others call it sounds. I'm not really into one style of music I consider myself as a polygraph, altho the fascination of breaks and breaks related music is really appealling to me.

I did two tunes with my mate LLumen, you can find those tunes here

The tunes are called: Taloph vs grafactix (my very innovation producer name) and Talophae's halo vs Graf... which is a IDM rmx of the first tune

I use to play acoustic guitar first tune I learned to play was 'Stand By Me' just the bassline when I was about 8 but I think the 1st proper tune with strumming and that was probably The Doobie Brothers - Listen to the music. I can also play drums, piano, bass, scratch turntables and beatbox if that's considered a instrument. Also been told that I sing like Usher nah not even but I use to sing acapella like Boyz II Men, All 4 One type stuff yep I think thats about it.

I was wondering if playing keyboard ( with all the synths safely put away in your pc) also counts as playing an instrument?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Oct 16 2008, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do you shred RC? I can't play these shred style guitars, my mate has a Jackson (not sure which model) but the neck feels too small and I'm not use to having 24 frets. Great looking guitar though, bet you kick ass on it.[/b]

I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now, but i've never had any lessons and not being musically gifted it's taken me a while to pick up some of the stuff, but yeah i do try my hand at shredding. I've got a couple of awesome licks that just sound awesome on that guitar.

Would like to learn the piano sometime. I love playing the drums, but a piano creates some of the best and most beautiful music, doesn't have to be all classical.

Some good stuff there amoboko. Not sure if I'd call it playing an instrument, but you definately produce a good track and deserve recognition for it.

HAS ANYONE LISTENED TO MY STUFF, WHICH IS ACTUAL MUSIC? lol PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT AND TELL ME HOW ACE IT IS.

Muchas gracias.

amobokobokoboko heyy, I guess you enjoy electronic music, right???

And also I agree Flux, if you play electric guitar bass will be easier to pick up

Annnnd Fa'atau I enjoyed your music, downloaded it from the link you put in the first post of yours :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Latest posts