• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Intruments you play

@ Dullonien: thnx for the kind words, I reckon i'm just a musician altho I prefer sound engineer :D
@ Fa'atau82: Your songs sound pretty good, I like it.

A few days ago, there was a docu about Skream ( the Don of Dubstep) and Goldie ( Metalheadz label owner, DnB dj, producer, actor) you can find the video here Besides the many F... words, drinking they actually have a nice discussion about music in general. Conclussion you don't need a classical music education to make music ( like me :D ) and become succesfull ( still in progress ;) )

To anwser your comment Lekso, as I can't read music, altho I'm going to study it next week ( found an awesome site for that) making electronic music is easier in one way as you're not limited in the sound/ possibilities of 1 instrument and that I actually see what I'm doing on my screen and also hear what the outcome is.

Sharing my opnion about music in general :D I would say that I prefer electronic music ( not the commercial shizzles) as I'm fascinated by sound in general.
In the more commercial music it's more about the voice/band/hype around it. Where in the less or non- Commercial music it's all about the music it self.

E.g: In Antwerp we have 2 AC/DC concerts, they were sold out in les then 2 hours ( like Laetca told us) well their last album wasn't taht good, people just go for the group and the atmosphere which is awesome, I'm into all music but if I have to chose I would go for the gig of a band of who I never heard before and have the opportunity to discover something new. :D

You're welcome mate.

Off topic, it really is remarkable that I type more spellingmistakes when I'm tired, so sorry for that but this week has been balisitc for me at work, starting from the 23rd relaxing

been playing guitar for about 15 years - about 6 years in a band back in France - and picked up drums when i moved to NZ 3 years ago. Am in a band at the moment, playing drums and writing some guitar bits here and there: you can check out a video here: Band Practice

and bought same guitar as this one for my 30th: 2006 Gibson Les Paul DC Pro, exact same guitar just the pick up being double P90s :)

biggibsonlespauldcproamberDSCN9262.jpg

:)

At the moment I play tenor guitar, bass and bowed psaltary in a folk band. In the past i have played drums and bass in rock bands.

My favourite instruments - my black precision bass and the bowed psaltary.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enguelaz @ Oct 24 2008, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
been playing guitar for about 15 years - about 6 years in a band back in France - and picked up drums when i moved to NZ 3 years ago. Am in a band at the moment, playing drums and writing some guitar bits here and there: you can check out a video here: Band Practice

and bought same guitar as this one for my 30th: 2006 Gibson Les Paul DC Pro, exact same guitar just the pick up being double P90s :)

biggibsonlespauldcproamberDSCN9262.jpg

:)[/b]

Beautiful guitar! Just like an old semi-hollow ES-335 except with a solid body, looks better with the double cut-away I reckon. That's why I like the look of say, an SG compared to the standard Les Paul...

@RC: Bought it off ebay Australia, delivered to NZ all up for NZ$2,000 (about a 1,000 Euros) - was my 30's b-day present ;)

@Fa'Atau: yeah, early albums of Metallica, but i am more into Punk and Alt.Metal ;)

@Cullen: Completely agree, I use to have a SG but also loved the Les Paul, but everytime i played a Les Paul they felt heavy, awkward and sure there was that always warm and full sound to it, but laced a little definition to me. The SG's got great preciseness but lacks the fullness of a Les Paul. So when i saw that guitar about 10 years ago in a shop in Paris, i was intrigued, tried it on the spot, and damn! that was a revelation! So when i was looking for a guitar off ebay and saw this exact same guitar i had tried 10 years ago, man, couldn't resist!

:)

Sweeeeeeet!

Ok, so i thought i would make an update on my latest "what instrument do you play?" posts.
Just today i bought myelf a harmonica.
I was just walking about minding my own business, looking and yearning over guitars that i couldn' possible afford when i saw a range of hormonicas all sitting in a glass cabinet.
There were a couple there for about £150, "Extortion!" i thought to myself, and that was when i glanced over to my left and saw a delicate little piece...a diatonic harmonica i believe it's known as and priced at a mere £5.95!
I couldn't turn it down. I chose a harmonica in a C chord, but was told that if i want to play it with my guitar in the future i may want to buy one in an A key.
I've no idea about any of this jazz so i'm gonna do my research.
Till then, i'm scouring websites looking for the best pieces of advice that i can find for utter ground level beginners trying to play the harmonica and bugging my flat mate just figuring out the notes and trying to play basic 4 chord songs that are a breeze on the guitar!
Lol.

I'm mainly a Bass player and to be fair i'm brilliant at it.

Love playing all the James Brown stuff. Bootsy Collins, John Paul Jones and John Entwistle are probably my biggest influences.

I also turn my hand to six string, keys and mandolin.

Getting a Banjo for christmas.

I didn't see one 'ukelele in Samoa, despite the fact that it's a polynesian instrument.

never played an instrument, even managed to get out of playing the recorder in primary school somehow.
not really had any inclination to play, like i love listening to all kinds of music, but i dont want to play it.

my brother on the other hand, teaches kids piano in his spare time, plays the trombone to grade 8 and also plays the organ at our church.

turns out he got the musical talent and i got the sporting talent from our family :D

Latest posts