• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what kind of boots does eveyone wear

Adidas Copa Mundial for hard ground. will unlikely ever consider anything else.. for soft ground, i had some adidas regulates: complete waste of money. and just got some Adidas World Cups, which i thought were the sg version of the Copa, but they are nowhere near as comfortable.. although i will say they're not broken in yet, so maybe they'll be good later...

I have 2 pairs,

Adidas Regulate III Lows i got for free, they are ok

and

Gilbert Sidestep

I bought last year a pair of blue Nike Mercurial Vapor. Very comfortable and offer good support to the foot, i use them for both rugby and football.

A few years ago i was a bit preoccupied for my ankles, so i used a pair of shoes with "high cut" shoes for better support, but i can't really remember the brand and model of those ones.

I use a pair of white Adidas Telstar, but working to get a pair of Nine15.

BLACK ONES. :D That's what colour boots should be.
At the moment I'm wearing a pair of Lotto boots, which are only here because the sole broke away from the bottom of my Adidas boots.
So I'll go with Adidas Telstars :D

Blades....actually they are moulded for touch and are the official NZ touch shoe.

Anyway when I used to wear screw in studs I always swapped the back two for the outside two. This is because the back two when you buy it off the shelf are LONGER than the rest....but what you need in a boot is the two on the outside of the foot to be the longest sprigs to give better stability with stepping. If the two at the back are the shortest possible then you run faster....the longer the two at the back are the slower you run. It always puzzled me why they sell the boots with the two back sprigs longer than the others. For goodness sake swap the around with the outside two!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pair of boots for me. I'll be playing for the first time in the fall, and I'll almost certainly be a back (since I'm only 5'10, 170 lbs/77 kg).

Should I be looking for soft ground boots by default? Is there a difference between blades and studs other than preference? Is there a particular type of boot I should be looking for since I'll be one of the backs?

Latest posts