• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what kind of boots does eveyone wear

i have the canturbury rampages, honestly if i had my choice i would get some better cleats but living in an area where there is one store that carries rugby gear and only 3 types of rugby cleats they were the best i could get

Nike total90 shoot II FG

i feel you on that one tait, the only decent cleats they sell around here are all soccer cleats, but in terms of rugby there really isn't a lot of stuff you can buy.

Nike Tiempo Ronaldinho FG - great all round boots, bit on the pricey side though

i was looking at getting a new pair of boots and was just wondering which ones you all like. brand, style, anything will help
[/b]
depends on what position you play, what the majority of your fields are like, forwards go for a boot with a bit of a longer stud, backs go for a lighter boot wich also helps if you are playing on a harder pitch

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pair of boots for me. I'll be playing for the first time in the fall, and I'll almost certainly be a back (since I'm only 5'10, 170 lbs/77 kg).

Should I be looking for soft ground boots by default? Is there a difference between blades and studs other than preference? Is there a particular type of boot I should be looking for since I'll be one of the backs? [/b]

If it rains a lot in your area or the pitch you play in gets maintained all the time, get soft ground cleats. If not just get hard ground boots because playing w/big studs on hard ground hurts your feet (I live in Jersey, not much rain). If you plan on kicking a lot, get a nice fitting cleat that has a thin or soft material. If not just got something that fits nice and is decently light.

Asics Gel Lethal Grip 2- studs rather than blades (both are available. Extremely comfortable in all conditions, good support and sturdy enough for the usual rough and tumble. Also got a pair of Canterbury Moko- old style mid cut boot which are pretty good if the pitches are onthe heavy side. A well looked after decent quality boot should last for at least three seasons- buying cheap is a bit of a false economy in that respect.

I've tried numerous boots. I had a pair of cheapo Reeboks that I liked, but they fell apart and they've discontinued the model. I had Adidas Copa Mundial and Adidas Kaiser Cup. The Kaiser Cup's heel-cup broke on me. The Copa Mundial were ok, but nothing I'd buy again. I've actually gone back to the Nike Shark American football cleat. I think they are hands down the best boot I've had.
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdeta...YWORD%20SEARCH/
Last year's model:
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdeta...YWORD%20SEARCH/
Far better than cleats I've had that cost 10 times as much.

Latest posts