• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What nation would you like to see play Rugby ?

We're getting the passports because we can. Sort of a contingency plan for incase the paw-paw hits the fan...

it's actually my little brother's idea. He was in Utrecht and Amsterdam last year for work, and then took a holiday extension for about a month. And he wants to go and live in Utrecht... He's 2.02 m tall, and plays lock for our local club. So he could become part of Nielsch's plan...

He's always welcome at my club; http://utrechtrugby.nl/

I live in Utrecht as well.

I love SA but with the rate the education system and currency is going backwards and the violent crime, well, I just have a better life for my little boy (7 months) in mind. I'm a bit old but maybe my boy could play for the Netherlands- I do have some 'feel' for the country though mostly because of my best friend's close ties. Culturally (and weather wise) we're probably moe similar to Aussie but I can't stand the accent and I don't want to be "the immigrant".

We're getting the passports because we can. Sort of a contingency plan for incase the paw-paw hits the fan...

it's actually my little brother's idea. He was in Utrecht and Amsterdam last year for work, and then took a holiday extension for about a month. And he wants to go and live in Utrecht... He's 2.02 m tall, and plays lock for our local club. So he could become part of Nielsch's plan...

Through which way are you getting your passports? I'm kinda sursprised cause usually - as a foreigner - you can only get one fast if at least one of your parents is Dutch.

Through which way are you getting your passports? I'm kinda sursprised cause usually - as a foreigner - you can only get one fast if at least one of your parents is Dutch.

My dad's cousin is doing everything for us. but we are applying along with my dad. as he also doesn't have a dutch passport.

My dad's cousin is doing everything for us. but we are applying along with my dad. as he also doesn't have a dutch passport.

Well good luck! I wish you all the best and if your brother ever makes it to Utrecht he's more than welcome to play for us.

Oooh...the Netherlands. Pleasant wheater, better food, nice moroccans* that you have to subsidize everywhere...:p

You serious? I mean, true dutch (nor moroccans, niether turkish, etc) people are nice, very professional, open minded and so on, but Netherlands as well as Western Europe should be a "no go" while having the chance to move to Perth or every other australian city.

Having white south africans relocating around it's a win for europeans and a lose for you. Europe has no future compared to Asia, Oceania, etc. I'm getting an israeli passport just in case...yeah, I know that could be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. At least is another option.

I was hoping some years ago the trend would be the reverse; white european people dropping there.

*You name it.

P.S: when I say white, I mean whatever individual with work ethic, educated, etc. I just narrow it down to white because I know is the layer of your society more prone to have such individuals.

Exactly, we all know black people have neither work ethic nor an education.

Well at least your view on the world is already in line with that of many Israeli people:

PS: I wouldn't tell our Moroccon-Dutch prop Rachid to his face that he is neither true Dutch nor nice, professional and open minded. Yeah, good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
*mod hat on*

Just a heads up guys, I've noticed that recently this thread has toed the line regarding generalizations that out of context could be seen as offensive. Its a good thread idea, so can we try to steer it back to the question in hand. Appreciate thats hard given the subject but if we could all double check what we're about to post just to cover all the PC bases.

Cheers

*mod hat off*

Exactly, we all know black people have neither work ethic nor an education.

Well at least your view on the world is already in line with that of many Israeli people:

PS: I wouldn't tell our Moroccon-Dutch prop Rachid to his face that he is neither true Dutch nor nice, professional and open minded. Yeah, good luck with that.

From the very begining. When talking about black/white/whatever, was about SA society. I just wonder if they're talking on moving overseas because the white/indians in SA. Let's be clear, the problem is what it is; black south africans are behaving like seeking revenge.

Yeah, I'll tell him that face to face without hesitating. If he's an intelectually honest guy he'll recognize what the contribution of moroccans to Netherlands really is. If he's not, well, let's have some fight. Introduce us, please :p

My jewish side is moroccan. I've been to Morocco many times. I like their food, their culture (except regarding women, is a nightmore going there with your gf), their landscapes...even them as society. How? Why? Because like some old teapot merchant told me once in Fes (if you haven't ever been, just go, is worth a million visits), my first time there, "no need to be careful...our bad guys are in Europe make a living out of you. Here we punish the thieves, burglars, molesters, the most painfully way we can. Therefore, they run to Europe because you're soft"

And no, israeli semi-apartheid is not my cup of tea.

But I can't help having my eyes wide open and seeing what's going on in Europe.

*mod hat on*

Just a heads up guys, I've noticed that recently this thread has toed the line regarding generalizations that out of context could be seen as offensive. Its a good thread idea, so can we try to steer it back to the question in hand. Appreciate thats hard given the subject but if we could all double check what we're about to post just to cover all the PC bases.

Cheers

*mod hat off*

Got it...would not happen again.

Resuming the topic and talking about moroccans...Morocco doesn't lack of strong, stocky or fast people. French culture just didn't come to sports, I guess.

i would want to see zimbabwe with all the players who are born there who are really good hope to see that in zimbabwean rugby and papau new guinea in rugby union for they're team in rugby league and will genia

I agree with the author of the thread that the Germans would make very interesting Rugby rivals. I've actually always found it odd that they only really care for soccer there, as Rugby seems to me to be more appropriate for their culture and psyche in terms of the kind of game it is. There are a few others I'd like to see more into it though:

1. Spain - sounds odd I know, but they put a lot into their sports and I have a feeling they'd play with a lot of width if it was big there.
2. Brazil - Massive population base, and a very interesting culture. I can also imagine them having a very creative and attacking mind-set
3. Russia - another country that I've never been able to understand not having a bigger interest in Rugby; Russia would be brutal, forward oriented and unrelenting. I don't think they'd play particularly attractive rugby, but I reckon they'd be hard as nails.

From the very begining. When talking about black/white/whatever, was about SA society. I just wonder if they're talking on moving overseas because the white/indians in SA. Let's be clear, the problem is what it is; black south africans are behaving like seeking revenge.

Yeah, I'll tell him that face to face without hesitating. If he's an intelectually honest guy he'll recognize what the contribution of moroccans to Netherlands really is. If he's not, well, let's have some fight. Introduce us, please :p

My jewish side is moroccan. I've been to Morocco many times. I like their food, their culture (except regarding women, is a nightmore going there with your gf), their landscapes...even them as society. How? Why? Because like some old teapot merchant told me once in Fes (if you haven't ever been, just go, is worth a million visits), my first time there, "no need to be careful...our bad guys are in Europe make a living out of you. Here we punish the thieves, burglars, molesters, the most painfully way we can. Therefore, they run to Europe because you're soft"

And no, israeli semi-apartheid is not my cup of tea.

But I can't help having my eyes wide open and seeing what's going on in Europe.

Got it...would not happen again.

Resuming the topic and talking about moroccans...Morocco doesn't lack of strong, stocky or fast people. French culture just didn't come to sports, I guess.

I think you need to get your facts straight about the South African Dynamic.

Don't say things which are racist, biased and untrue. If you were actually living in South Africa, you'd see that what you are saying is not the case. And even more so, that the minority groups such as White, Indian and Coloured have joined mostly black political parties to share views and ideas. I also think that you need to read up on what is currently going on.

Like did you know that Julius Malema, Former president of the ANC Youth League, is no longer a member of the ANC, and has his own political party??

I agree with the author of the thread that the Germans would make very interesting Rugby rivals. I've actually always found it odd that they only really care for soccer there, as Rugby seems to me to be more appropriate for their culture and psyche in terms of the kind of game it is. There are a few others I'd like to see more into it though:

1. Spain - sounds odd I know, but they put a lot into their sports and I have a feeling they'd play with a lot of width if it was big there.
2. Brazil - Massive population base, and a very interesting culture. I can also imagine them having a very creative and attacking mind-set
3. Russia - another country that I've never been able to understand not having a bigger interest in Rugby; Russia would be brutal, forward oriented and unrelenting. I don't think they'd play particularly attractive rugby, but I reckon they'd be hard as nails.

Well I must say I totally agree with the author of this thread as well as his unparalleled genius runs amok on this thread as in all things his quasi-divine grace touches, but to return to low earthly matters, yes I agree Brazilians would most certainly show a very attack-minded, free flowing kind of game.

So here's my count so far after some interesting reads on this thread:
Germans, Egyptians, Algerians, Brazilians.

I think you need to get your facts straight about the South African Dynamic.

Don't say things which are racist, biased and untrue. If you were actually living in South Africa, you'd see that what you are saying is not the case. And even more so, that the minority groups such as White, Indian and Coloured have joined mostly black political parties to share views and ideas. I also think that you need to read up on what is currently going on.

Like did you know that Julius Malema, Former president of the ANC Youth League, is no longer a member of the ANC, and has his own political party??

?

I can't say that I think this is the case.

Well I must say I totally agree with the author of this thread as well as his unparalleled genius runs amok on this thread as in all things his quasi-divine grace touches, but to return to low earthly matters, yes I agree Brazilians would most certainly show a very attack-minded, free flowing kind of game.

So here's my count so far after some interesting reads on this thread:
Germans, Egyptians, Algerians, Brazilians.

The Germans and Brazil have been getting a lot of 'hits' but- LOL- I think only you have had the other two. Though I suppose as OP your votes should count for more?

The Germans and Brazil have been getting a lot of 'hits' but- LOL- I think only you have had the other two. Though I suppose as OP your votes should count for more?

No, because I am Big Ewis my votes should count a lot more, nothing to do with being the OP.

In sense though, obviously nobody knows the physical strength and athleticism of notably Egyptians first and then Algerians. The fact that the ppl here simply have no clue shouldn't account for anything. I happen to be the only one exposed to that reality, and many, many times.
Trust me, if ppl knew about the strength of Egyptians they'd testify about it here, they are - trust me - ridiculously strong. Now of course don't go crazy the next time you see a couple of Egyptians in your lives, but most certainly it is a reality to say there is tremendous physical strength in the Egyptian people. I've personally known a BUNCH of large, muscular, tall, imposing dudes, and I don't even generally hang around Egyptians or the gym or show-off circles or anything...just regular Egyptians. A lot more than in any other peoples.

What about Northern France? :p

Well I know Jérome Thion (once captain of the XV de France) is from the North. I really, really, really do wish the Hexagonal nation would play Rugby as a whole, but very very sadly it is exclusively something of the Southwest...Toulouse region, as an icon, and the "vicinity" - notably some Southeast (Toulon as a landmark) or center (Clermont as the landmark). But other than that, we've got some fans, especially in Paris for example, but all other regions are completely devoid of Rugby.
Britons (West) are 200% football and nothing else. The East (Germany border) is football too, and the North are into football like fks as well.

It would be great to have a much larger well to pick from...not that France lacks talent wise, but still.

Madagascar - regularly get 8000 to club games which are televised and get 40,000 to international games. Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxARXRqSHUA huge potential in that country. Might even qualify for the next world cup as they've reached the final stages.

Papua New Guinea - I play rugby in Adelaide and there are a lot of young PNG boys at my club. They are all extremely skilled, physical and game aware. There is massive potential in these boys if someone could nurture it.

Malaysia. Purely out of patriotism. Also because I would like to play rugby at the highest level. Other than that, we haven't qualified for the RWC; not even the sevens. And for rugby to develop more here and I'm pretty much the only rugby enthusiast among my friends who were raised with football (soccer) as their main sport.

Would really be proud to see my country rise to a higher tier

Also, would like to see the Swiss rise too. They (from what I heard) literally don't know what to do with their money, soo... might as well spend it on rugby, right?

Last edited:

Why Spain playing rugby would sound odd to you or us?

We have a climate that does allow to play all year round outdoor, plenty of beaches to build the sport as a popular one to just have fun time, facilities, etc

If you mean something about lacking physicality, you'll be wrong. We're basically of the same stock of southern France, central Italy, etc. Despite most people tend to be lean and not stocky, some regions are rich in big guys like Basque Country, Cantabria or Canary Islands (where I do come from). Sadly in Basque Country big guys focus in handball and in Canary Islands they do in a super popular local wrestling style.

Try to imagine these guys pushing in a front row

la+foto+%282%29.JPG

But...they earn a lot of money here. And even in West Africa where wrestling is the most popular sport :p

cirio_y_trota.jpg

Latest posts