• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What now for NH rugby?

Don't forget your bucket of chicken before the game starts..... BRO

What??????

Have another coke and lollies, while you're there, ask for an excuse champ why true rugby fans dislike you.

BTW, you're too emotional. Take a sip off water

What??????

Have another coke and lollies, while you're there, ask for an excuse champ why true rugby fans dislike you.

BTW, you're too emotional. Take a sip off water

I care deeply what some disgruntled old farts think of me on the net. Again, enjoy the KFC bro.

Dear Diary, today some people told me they didn't like me on an internet forum.

lol.
See now here's the thing I don't get why your spending all your free time being a rotten little man on an internet forum. Now I'm at work and I really shouldn't be posting here but I'm bored and the project I'm working on requires me to drag my heel a bit due to customer delays. You on the other hand (if you're telling the truth) are on holiday in London for probably the first time? Why aren't you out exploring, lots of things are free including the museums? Nah you'd rather be a little **** on a internet forum.

See now here's the thing I don't get why your spending all your free time being a rotten little man on an internet forum. Now I'm at work and I really shouldn't be posting here but I'm bored and the project I'm working on requires me to drag my heel a bit due to customer delays. You on the other hand (if you're telling the truth) are on holiday in London for probably the first time? Why aren't you out exploring, lost of things are free including the museums? Nah you'd rather be a little **** on a internet forum.

I'm actually sitting at the kitchen table waiting for my phone to charge and having some breakfast before heading out to the Natural History museum, funny you already know my itinerary! Actually it's my 3rd time being here as well, so I'm not cramming everything into one day. Thanks for your concern though mate. I might pick up a nice coat today as well, since it's a little chilly and I couldn't fit one in my bag for the journey over. Where do you suggest? I'm thinking H and M, but I might get something a little more high in quality and go to Liberty instead. I had a terrific day yesterday at Richmond park, delightful place, it's crazy to see dear just walking around there, me and my missus had a laugh as some idiotic tourist tried to feed a Stag who was clearly agitated and bellowing. What a blimin idiot! On the truth thing, you can always ask one of the lads to run an IP check ;)

Very tangential question: How is it people from Australia/NZ seam to be able to afford to come here a lot but not the other way around? My understanding is the cost living is way higher, the flight costs aren't exactly going to be different and none of my family members (all on my wife's side) that I know are considerably better off than we are. Just wondering why that tends to be the case more than anything else.

I'm actually sitting at the kitchen table waiting for my phone to charge and having some breakfast before heading out to the Natural History museum, funny you already know my itinerary! Actually it's my 3rd time being here as well, so I'm not cramming everything into one day. Thanks for your concern though mate. I might pick up a nice coat today as well, since it's a little chilly and I couldn't fit one in my bag for the journey over. Where do you suggest? I'm thinking H and M, but I might get something a little more high in quality and go to Liberty instead. I had a terrific day yesterday at Richmond park, delightful place, it's crazy to see dear just walking around there, me and my missus had a laugh as some idiotic tourist tried to feed a Stag who was clearly agitated and bellowing. What a blimin idiot! On the truth thing, you can always ask one of the lads to run an IP check ;)

Don't take it to heart man...........you're an arsehole, good night.

What would Ritchie do with you? He'd probably sharpen his elbow (joke-pun). Stay in England......you're not welcome back.

As for England, keep Kiwi_, he's an unwelcome blow hard

BTW, do you beat up grandmothers as well, I've just read through your posts

Stay in England Kiwi_

Kiss someone from Liverpool you FOOL

The French need to change a lot more than the 6Nations, it's true but the only major international tournament you attend on an annual basis is poor preparation for a tournament as long and as attritional as the RWC.

This is true, as said, from a french perspective, re formatting the 6 Nations is not a priority. our domestic championship, number of matches played, the relation union-Clubs are much more of priorities for us if we want to become competitive.

I can understand that these factors are much less of an issue for Ireland or Wales for example. As the result, some changes for the 6 Nations would be more of a priority for them. And this is also an issue for the NH rugby, not all the nations are at the same level and have the same issues. Therefore, difficult to find a common resolution.

Argentina were not competitive and they still struggle away from home, if there was a relegation from the RC then it would focus the minds and heighten the tension, not lessen it.

Relegation and pressure out of it could go both ways. It can level up the rugby but also, it can create a championship where the only goal is to win, whatever the way you win. What I'm seeing from my point of view is that four nations and Super rugby have no relegation systems and they are producing a superior rugby. Therefore, my conclusion is that non-relegation system in 6 Nations is not the cause of the poorer rugby in NH. But I could be wrong.

That would certainly help matters but if they still only have the current 6nations format to rehearse within for a RWC then they will still come out underprepared.
The RC has gone up a gear and left the 6Nations in it's wake.
It's a distilling procedure.
The cream rise up through their clubs, to provincial representative level, then up again to Super Rugby level, then again to the white hot cauldron of home and away matches against the top sides in the world.
Take away the RC and its format and we would still produce great players like the Northern hemisphere does, but they wouldn't have the experience that comes from a long and gruelling annual international tournament at the very highest level. They would be a blunt instrument comparatively.
The RC allows the countries competing to sharpen their sword.
That sharpening of mind, fashioning tensile mental strength under pressure, has been borne out clearly by looking at the 4 semi finalists of this Northern Hemisphere Rugby World Cup.
If the format doesn't change to help the northern hemisphere players advance their growth through International experience then we will see the gap maintained and correspondingly the same result in Japan in 2019.
Two southern hemisphere teams in the Final.

I fully agree with all your points and I wish strongly I would have a say in the future of French and European rugby. I fear that it will be worse and worse for the french rugby as our clubs have no interest to change anything as long as they have the revenues to continue as they wish.

I think the british and Irish are much more organized and pragmatic than the french, they will adapt. Even England will come out stronger from this RWC.

Sometimes I wish for the french rugby that the Top14 starts to not attract players anymore, that it goes down the hill, that sponsors going away, for clubs to be forced to negotiate with the union and to find a new formula. I also wish some men of action at the union level ready to fight hard for agreements with clubs. I know sounds an awful thinking but I do not see any other way out if we want one day to reform the french domestic rugby and being able to compete with SH rugby.

Thank God their are some decent AB fans to control these young loud mouths, but please do not dump the little **** on us, we got enough coming our way as it is.

I think the biggest reason we aren't at the SH level right now is due to a lack of a Super XV type competition.

It would be mighty complicated to install now though sadly.

I think the biggest reason we aren't at the SH level right now is due to a lack of a Super XV type competition.

It would be mighty complicated to install now though sadly.

I'm partly playing devil's advocate - it's possible to pick holes in pretty much any suggestion as to the cause of the NH woes, but if a Super Rugby style competition is so essential to playing top rugby, how come the Argentinians have done so well?

I'm partly playing devil's advocate - it's possible to pick holes in pretty much any suggestion as to the cause of the NH woes, but if a Super Rugby style competition is so essential to playing top rugby, how come the Argentinians have done so well?

Because we paid the highest bid. :mad:

As a journalist of the guardian stated, the Argentinan on this world cup are the french from 10 years ago, they are compensating their limited collective and individual skills (compare to SH) by some passion and some fighting spirit.

Also, Argentinan players will disappear almost fully from Europe very soon as they will be integrated in Super Rugby (I think first argentinan franchise in 2016).

Today, Argentina will lose 9 matches on 10 against ABs, they are still not that good.

Last edited:

Dunno if you've heard of this thing called The Rugby Championship? Yeah it's kinda good playing the top 3 in world rugby week in week out, you're bound to learn something. Unlike Italy who have stagnated since arrival into 6N, Argentina were lucky they were denied entry

Obvious the big drop is England and Argentina the big winners apart from that the SH has dropped a few points.

You would of though SA would of dropped a tiny bit more due to the Japan game instead of gaining points.

Would be cool to see a game between the Super Rugby champion and the European Champion. I know is just 1 game but if that happens every year i think the NH team will have to turn it up. Still think the rugby on NH is too slow for the SH teams.

Have you done a river trip yet? It's a great way to see London from a different perspective. Covent Garden is interesting with its street entertainers, and there are lots of good shows on, although they are expensive.If you like art there is the National Gallery, and your lady would certainly like the V&A, lots of fashion from all eras.

Have a good holiday!

Latest posts