• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Teams/Tournaments/License's can we expect?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 11 2005, 01:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 11 2005, 01:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Jan 11 2005, 01:03 PM
what were all the teams in R2004 anyways ... (I can't remem, its been so long since I traded it away)

we had the world cup 20,
super 12
european cup 24
Lions
= 56 so far

how many other national/domestic teams were there?

... i've read on some sites that it was up to 95 teams for it - was that true?
NZ Maori, Barbarians, Russia, Spain . . . uhhhhh uhhhhhh uhhhh [/b]
ok 61 so far, anybody know/actually remember any more?

If the NPC was in, wouldn't there be the official logo along side the super12 and tri-nations logos on the NZ boxart.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 11 2005, 01:10 PM
well i'm glad you'll keep me straight neh!

... are they "consecutive" mistakes I made?

... you don't fancy doing a final year computers paper for me in the morning ... I'll offer you more then your 5c for it?
jeez keep ur g string on of course i will do ur computers paper i cant gaurantee anything tho

Originally posted by jared27@Jan 11 2005, 01:37 PM
If the NPC was in, wouldn't there be the official logo along side the super12 and tri-nations logos on the NZ boxart.
not noccessarily

Originally posted by neh+Jan 11 2005, 01:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jan 11 2005, 01:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jared27
@Jan 11 2005, 01:37 PM
not noccessarily [/b]
Yeah, they might not have that license but they could feasibly include the teams.

But . . . I doubt it.

Raz, I can't think of anymore teams. I want to say Portugal, but I'm not sure. There were like 65 stadiums, weren't there?

Originally posted by neh+Jan 11 2005, 01:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jan 11 2005, 01:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Jan 11 2005, 01:10 PM
well i'm glad you'll keep me straight neh!

... are they "consecutive" mistakes I made?

... you don't fancy doing a final year computers paper for me in the morning ... I'll offer you more then your 5c for it?
jeez keep ur g string on of course i will do ur computers paper i cant gaurantee anything tho [/b]
I can't guarantee anything about the exam either... and I've been sitting with my head in the books for days now,

I'd take any escape possible now, but it seems I'm just gonna have to do it... its only 7.5 hours away !

you're a real bundle of joy...

with optism like that this game is f***ed, never mind my exam

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 11 2005, 02:00 PM
Surely the NPC would come under license from the NZRU?
That's just what EA/HB would expect you to think Umosay.

But they've got other plans . . .

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 11 2005, 02:07 PM
you're a real bundle of joy...

with optism like that this game is f***ed, never mind my exam
hahahahah i was joking man, damn right im a bundle of joy!

not as nice a bundle as your pics I'm sure....

... you not got any lucy pinder to put up?

-> rugby 2004, gameplay, teams, HB (still on topic!)

Any North Americans think they'll have the Churchill Cup?

They'll have the Maori, but what about an effectively England A squad? This would also mean having a venue in Vancouver.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 11 2005, 02:37 PM

They'll have the Maori, but what about an effectively England A squad? This would also mean having a venue in Vancouver.
u'll probably be able to create a tournament like that using their custom tournament feature ...

doubt there'll be an England A (just use the real England team - extra challenge)

if there's not a Vancouver stadium (where is it actually in Vancouver & whats it called?) you could use the States ground if they get one... tho i heard someone mention that each team would have their own ground and if there is any truth in it, it would have to feature for Canada aswell

lol, yea it's what's Lansdowne is supposed to look like in 2008.

Lansdowne as it is now will be always be a special place. Sure, it's old and damp but the atmosphere and history of the place is amazing. It's the oldest rugby ground in the world and from the screenshots i've seen, it's gonna be in the game. (One screenshot featuring ireland vs. france has the Wanderers pub in the background) I'll be sad to see her go, but it's simply not up to standard anymore for big soccer and rugby games. That's life.

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Jan 10 2005, 07:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Jan 10 2005, 07:42 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Jan 11 2005, 02:37 PM

They'll have the Maori, but what about an effectively England A squad?  This would also mean having a venue in Vancouver.
u'll probably be able to create a tournament like that using their custom tournament feature ...

doubt there'll be an England A (just use the real England team - extra challenge)

if there's not a Vancouver stadium (where is it actually in Vancouver & whats it called?) you could use the States ground if they get one... tho i heard someone mention that each team would have their own ground and if there is any truth in it, it would have to feature for Canada aswell [/b]
The stadium in Vancouver is on the west edge of town, on the University of British Columbia campus. It is the UBC football/rugby stadium, as well as the usual venue for bigger matches in BC, such as the mens premier finals, and the school finals. Its called Thunderbird Stadium and seats about 5-7,000, as the UBC teams are called the UBC Thunderbirds.

However, the Churchill Cup was in Edmonton last year, at Commonwealth Stadium, which is a 70,000 seater.

It says on EA Sports all new tournaments etc that don't include last years licenses so I am suspecting EA have gotten some more **** together
<

and this custom tournament thing looks cool
<

Okely doke...

we now know of all the competitions in the game (thanks to locksley)...

but would it be possible for anyone who has played the full game extensively (and perhaps still has it) to give us a full listing of teams that are featured:

How many national sides are in the game?
- who are they all, any advance on the 20 teams featured in the RWC 2003?

How many touring sides are in the game?
- the Lions are there, what about the Maori, Barbarians, Pacific Islanders?
How many club/domestic teams are in the game?
- we know the Super12 teams, what about the european domestic teams... who is included this year?

and finally,

How complex is the Custom Tournament option?
- can we create a league, cup, group & knockout stage competition or any other permeatations?

If and when I know this, I'll have no more questions to ask... I'm not fussed on knowing the squads, its the teams that are more important!

Latest posts