• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Teams/Tournaments/License's can we expect?

yeah ... it would be a little strange if the guys they used for the motion capture didn't actually feature in the game...

so for touring teams...

we'll def get the,
1. Lions
2. NZ Maori

and hopefully the,
3. Barbarians
4. Pacific Islanders

the Barbarians are realistic for the fact that they are the Baa Baa's... what are the chances of the Pacifics from 1-10? ... I'd say a '5/6'

tho if there's a 'create a team option' we can always make them ourselves (I used the word "IF", because EA can always screw it up in some way... and this will probably be it!)

noticed that about the Lions socks too ... tho i didn't wanna say incase it was too picky ...

its a minor change tho, I'm sure a few emails to HB or EA could have it changed sharpish

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 11 2005, 06:32 AM
yeah ... it would be a little strange if the guys they used for the motion capture didn't actually feature in the game...

so for touring teams...

we'll def get the,
1. Lions
2. NZ Maori

and hopefully the,
3. Barbarians
4. Pacific Islanders

the Barbarians are realistic for the fact that they are the Baa Baa's... what are the chances of the Pacifics from 1-10? ... I'd say a '5/6'

tho if there's a 'create a team option' we can always make them ourselves (I used the word "IF", because EA can always screw it up in some way... and this will probably be it!)
Yeah, Pacific Islanders, though they should be included, are more iffy than definite.

I'd actually say about a 7 on a scale to 10, but I've been known to drink.

About the Lions socks, I'm all for being picky, especially if it was sites like ours where they saw the 11-player in the anthem lineup and removed their trailers. In all fairness, the majority of what we ask is common sense stuff.

damn sure it better be the green one

... esp seeing as there are gonna be a large selection of the boys in green doin their stuff on the tour!

Maybe itll be like FIFA where you have an Home Strip, an Away strip and certain teams will have an alternate strip

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 11 2005, 07:21 AM
Maybe itll be like FIFA where you have an Home Strip, an Away strip and certain teams will have an alternate strip
Maybe it's a create-your-own-alternate.

The 'New Zealand All Pinks' comes to mind . . .

cavan ... what's the ground on your pic?

looks like the proposed Lansdowne Road after redevelopment if I'm not too crazy?

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 11 2005, 08:04 AM
cavan ... what's the ground on your pic?

looks like the proposed Lansdowne Road after redevelopment if I'm not too crazy?
Yup, I think it is.

I'm all for redevelopment, but Lansdowne Road, creaky and withering and tilted is gorgeous. Had the opportunity to step on the pitch (weekend after the All Blacks route in '97) and damn I loved that atmosphere (there was no one in it). I loved it.

I wonder if EA will put that new Lansdowne Road stadium instead of the current one, same for the MCG (if its in it)
Lets hope this time the NZ Maori and other teams have the right players lol.

One other point about the Lions kit is that the new Zurich shirts have the adidas stripes going all the way up the shoulder, not just on the sleeve.

I've got an Xbox, so I never really played Rugby 2004, but I gather you could pick a national team from a pool of qualified players (all English/New Zealand players, etc). Is this expected to be the case again in Rugby 2005? How did this work with the Lions in R2004?

Originally posted by Boy@Jan 11 2005, 08:47 AM
I've got an Xbox, so I never really played Rugby 2004, but I gather you could pick a national team from a pool of qualified players (all English/New Zealand players, etc). Is this expected to be the case again in Rugby 2005? How did this work with the Lions in R2004?
That's exactly how it was.

* - Though it was pretty cool, you could have all the Americans who studied at Oxford and Cambridge available for the Lions. Plus, there was this 'granny-gate' part where you could trace the descendants of each player and make them play for their 'true' country. Please note, this entire paragraph is a lie and you had it right (pools of players from their respective nation).

I was just thinking if the lions are included, surely this means that the NPC teams are included aswell. I hope it doesnt make them play the S12 teams. What do u guys think?

yea thats what i think, yet there is no sigh of any npc teams the least they could do is add the division teams the lions are playing!

I completely doubt it.

Regarding teams, EA like to go all out, so if they were to have any teams from the NPC, they'd have them all. I can't see that happening, because then you'd have big arguments about the Currie Cup and the Premiership.

But then, at this point in time, who knows.

Originally posted by watty@Jan 11 2005, 10:51 AM
I was just thinking if the lions are included, surely this means that the NPC teams are included aswell. I hope it doesnt make them play the S12 teams. What do u guys think?
I think the chances of NPC are pretty much zilch - they would have mentioned it before now...............and yes I think the Lions will play the Super 12 teams as part of ALL their southern hemishere tours in rugby 2005 (plus the Maoris in New Zealand), rather then the traditional domestic teams.

what were all the teams in R2004 anyways ... (I can't remem, its been so long since I traded it away)

we had the world cup 20,
super 12
european cup 24
Lions
= 56 so far

how many other national/domestic teams were there?

... i've read on some sites that it was up to 95 teams for it - was that true?

well i'm glad you'll keep me straight neh!

... are they "consecutive" mistakes I made?

... you don't fancy doing a final year computers paper for me in the morning ... I'll offer you more then your 5c for it?

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 11 2005, 01:03 PM
what were all the teams in R2004 anyways ... (I can't remem, its been so long since I traded it away)

we had the world cup 20,
super 12
european cup 24
Lions
= 56 so far

how many other national/domestic teams were there?

... i've read on some sites that it was up to 95 teams for it - was that true?
NZ Maori, Barbarians, Russia, Spain . . . uhhhhh uhhhhhh uhhhh

Latest posts