• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Shogun for me was really good so far, I like how they have focused more on the politics of feudal japan rather than focus on the British sailor.
Acting is excellent.

Fallout I enjoyed it alot, it's not award winning TV but it's very fun.

I've never played the games either and I'm really enjoying Fallout so far, couple of episodes in.

Not sure how it's rated as a 15 though with the levels of gore, not that it really bothers me, but my other half doesn't enjoy too much gore and wasn't expecting it given the rating. It seems that if there's not too much swearing/sex, then a lot of gore is allowed in modern tv shows before it becomes an 18.

I've never played the games either and I'm really enjoying Fallout so far, couple of episodes in.

Not sure how it's rated as a 15 though with the levels of gore, not that it really bothers me, but my other half doesn't enjoy too much gore and wasn't expecting it given the rating. It seems that if there's not too much swearing/sex, then a lot of gore is allowed in modern tv shows before it becomes an 18.
Yup looks like strong bloody violence is no longer worthy of an 18 and probably some time as it didn't come up in the BBFCs latest consultation.

Would be interesting to see if this were a cinematic release. But so few push for it. Interestingly Deadpool films were a 15 as well so it's consistent.

Was reading awhile back that film and tv production try to avoid 18 certificates now days. 18 certificates really limit potential profit.

It does seem what would have been a 18 back in the day is a 15 now.

Yup looks like strong bloody violence is no longer worthy of an 18 and probably some time as it didn't come up in the BBFCs latest consultation.

Would be interesting to see if this were a cinematic release. But so few push for it. Interestingly Deadpool films were a 15 as well so it's consistent.
What did you think of Shogun?

So far excellent I have 1 episode to go. Just haven't quite had the time to finish.

Subtitles mean I have to make sure I don't have an hour to be distracted.
I was waning by the point you're at. Don't get me wrong, it's brilliantly shot, looks great, characters are interesting and acting is good so I should love it, and while I certainly don't dislike it I find myself wanting a bit more.

The thing that did me in the end, though, was while I didn't feel the ending quite landed I was saying to myself, well it's set up nicely for a second season and maybe the first season is just setting the scene for a badass season 2 but then I find out there is no season 2 and it's a standalone season which left me a bit annoyed with it all to be honest.

I was waning by the point you're at. Don't get me wrong, it's brilliantly shot, looks great, characters are interesting and acting is good so I should love it, and while I certainly don't dislike it I find myself wanting a bit more.

The thing that did me in the end, though, was while I didn't feel the ending quite landed I was saying to myself, well it's set up nicely for a second season and maybe the first season is just setting the scene for a badass season 2 but then I find out there is no season 2 and it's a standalone season which left me a bit annoyed with it all to be honest.
Its an interesting one but the problem is this is the start of the Edo period and the Tokugawa Shogunate lasted for 265 years. In some respects this is the interesting part there isn't much else to tell in terms of these characters.

A prequel series could be interesting.

But they'll likely do King Rat or Noble House if they do.

I gave up 3 episodes in. I don't get the fuss. I'm putting it down to people that played the game loved it and people like me who didn't not so much.
I watched all the series (rather because my partner wanted to watch it :D). I never played the game, and basically can't stand video games and films/shows based on them but..it was more or less ok. Nothing special,but at least not boring

I watched all the series (rather because my partner wanted to watch it :D). I never played the game, and basically can't stand video games and films/shows based on them but..it was more or less ok. Nothing special,but at least not boring
Yeah pretty much how I felt. I liked the Ghoul but not enough to keep watching.

Halfway through season 3 of For All Mankind, really enjoying it.

Very similar vibe to The Lady Astronaut books which I really enjoyed.

Latest posts