• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What version to get…PC, PS2 or XBOX

S

Springbok

I don’t know about you guys but I think that the PC version of the game would be the best one by far!

I can’t see the XBOX or PS2 match the graphic capabilities of a PC, besides that…there are ALWAYS glitches and bugs that would only be discovered after the game is released. With the PC version you should be able to get Patches and ever Add-On’s.

The Only bad thing of the PC version is the controls. It’s more difficult playing on a keyboard than on the PS2 Controls. Unless of course you have a joy-pad that resembles the PS2 controller.

Either way…I think that the PC version should be the better option.

Locks posted a full list of teams and ratings…I didn’t see the Lions on that list!
Can someone please tell me if the Lions are in the game?

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 1 2005, 05:51 PM
I don’t know about you guys but I think that the PC version of the game would be the best one by far!

I can’t see the XBOX or PS2 match the graphic capabilities of a PC, besides that…there are ALWAYS glitches and bugs that would only be discovered after the game is released. With the PC version you should be able to get Patches and ever Add-On’s.

The Only bad thing of the PC version is the controls. It’s more difficult playing on a keyboard than on the PS2 Controls. Unless of course you have a joy-pad that resembles the PS2 controller.

Locks posted a full list of teams and ratings…I didn’t see the Lions on that list!
Get a logitech USB Dual Action controller mate, it's just like a PS2 controller, but more comfortable to hold and it's highly responsive.
Other than that though, yeah I agree with you, I'm definately getting it on PC... but only because my specs make the XBOX look like a Super Nintendo and the possibility of patching, otherwise I'd get it on XBOX or PS2.

P.S You should have made this a poll.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 1 2005, 07:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 1 2005, 07:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Springbok
@Mar 1 2005, 05:51 PM

Get a logitech USB Dual Action controller mate, it's just like a PS2 controller, but more comfortable to hold and it's highly responsive.
Other than that though, yeah I agree with you, I'm definately getting it on PC... but only because my specs make the XBOX look like a Super Nintendo and the possibility of patching, otherwise I'd get it on XBOX or PS2.

P.S You should have made this a poll. [/b]
Are they making PCs with 34 inch widescrren monitors with dolby digital surround sound and natural motion?

If not......controls is NOT the only reason why PS2 is the only option.

Xbox buttons all f***ed up and no use to anybody.

PS2s are preety cheap...do yourself a favour and pick one up. The monitor will burn the eyes out of your friggin' skull and the picture size won't do justice to the principle of simulation.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 1 2005, 06:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 1 2005, 06:18 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 1 2005, 07:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Springbok
@Mar 1 2005, 05:51 PM

P.S You should have made this a poll.
Are they making PCs with 34 inch widescrren monitors with dolby digital surround sound and natural motion?

If not......controls is NOT the only reason why PS2 is the only option.

[/b]
Those things are definately possible on PC, but are expensive... but by the same token though how many TV's support resolutions above 800x600? Not many and those that do are $20,000+ gas plasma's and even then they only get to 1024x1024...
My PC monitor is a 19" LCD Bednq and supports up to 1600x1200 resolutions with very high refresh rates...

I have a PS2 and XBOX, but since getting those beast of a PC built by my mate I haven't been able to play my consoles that much because PC just makes the experience so much better...

That said, I will probably get a burnt copy of Rugby 2005 for XBOX or PS2, just because Multiplayer is definately better on console when online gaming is not an option...

Los Lover...you should maybe think about upgrading your PC mate!
<

You get HUGE monitors these days and as for the surround sound...Ummm...well...you get pretty amazing sound systems for PC...probably better for gaming.

One has to ask yourself the question...Do I want to enjoy the game with it's current features and offerings. Or should I leave myself the options to update/patch my current version of the game.

No doubt that console games are nice to play but be honest! They do limit you quite a bit where it comes to certain aspects.

The PC doesn't have those limits and is much cheaper!
(in SA at least)
<

Don't get me wrong...I'll probably get the game for both PC and Playstation 2 , but only because most of my friend prefer to Multi-Play on the station cause of their PC Specs.

To make a long story short...PC IS BETTER!!
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 1 2005, 05:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 1 2005, 05:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-maddog79
@Mar 1 2005, 06:34 PM
I'm loyal to PS2 all the way!!
Why? Does sony pay you royalties? [/b]
NO!
<
<
<

lol nah i ust think they are better than Microsoft in consoles

If it's really good then I'll get it on X box and PC probably. I don't own a PS2.

Most sports games I've played on the x-box have much better graphics when played on the pc, eg, PES3, Madden, etc. I just hope that they make use of the much greater performance available with pc's and don't do a pc version which is just a mere port of the console version.

That said, you HAVE to use a Controller to play on the PC, keyboard (or even joystick) is not an option with sports games.

Hopefully, we'll be able to download new teams, mods, patches, etc. No excuse for not being able to download new teams to PS2 and XBox aswell.

Not sure why the max number of players seems to be 2 though - the norm is at least 4.

I Don't understand the MAX 2 player limitation either!

XBOX is not that big in SA and is hard to come by...so i'll get it om PC and PS2...I can't see the XBOX being better than the PC though!

PC has far less limitations!
And as you rightfully said...the Patch and Add-ons is a HUGE advantage!!!

Mmmmm...

But it's going to be coming out annually and all the SH licenses are in, so sweeeet!
<

19'' is impressive! lol! you know what I mean...

especially for a PC monitor...but for me, if you've got a good highres tv..then all I personally want is size.

Big characters on the screen, especially when the top players are face mapped etc has to be utilised by going big!

PS2 for me all the way!...but I hear ya.

well like i was saying in he oher forum... PC's jus don cut it wen it cumz to sports games... playing a sports game on a screen smaller than 29" is just wrong... well not wrong but like Los Lover was saying...

"Big characters on the screen, especially when the top players are face mapped etc has to be utilised by going big!"

and the chair! u need to be loungin out in a sofa or ur bed... a big computer screen wud probably solve that but im not sure u can buy a computer screen that big... im sure u can but it wud cost too much for "Just a computer screen"

PS2 for me baby... but if i can sumhow convince my g/f to allow me to get an Xbox that io wud get it on Xbox but i just cant get round that damn controller... PS2 controller is like 2nd nature...

ps2 is better because of multi taps and such and for having social games. PC has better graphics and possible use of patches, updates etc.

I'll but the Xbox version and Download it for the PC - Compfy chair and a 30" TV for social ruck 'em ups and Patches gallore on a 21" monitor for the Single player flights.

I'll have all my bases covered than!
<

PS2 definitely.

And then, when the next generation of consoles come forth, probably PS3 cause Playstation sounds so much cooler than XBox.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 2 2005, 07:01 AM
Stations are for train spotters [/fanboy-ism]
Pardon me boys, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo . . .

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 2 2005, 07:36 AM
ps2 is better because of multi taps and such and for having social games. PC has better graphics and possible use of patches, updates etc.
And Xbox is even better becase you don't need Multi-taps.
<

But seriously, I think I'll get it on PS2 initially because the Xbox version doesn't really appeal to me from what I've heard, and if patches etc. start coming out, I might get it on PC later.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 2 2005, 07:01 AM
Stations are for train spotters [/fanboy-ism]
And boxes are for removelists [/equally pathetic "fanboy-ism"]
<
<

Latest posts