• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What was your favourite film when you were a kid?

L

Laetca

We all have those embarasing stories about crying to bambi (I still do that) or getting really scared in the theatre when your mom had to carry you out. Why not share them??

Or, simply just discuss what your favourite childhood film was :p
I think it might be intresting, especially since we have people of various ages here XD

I faintly remember seeing 'The little Mermaid' in a cinema, I must have been three years old or something! Was the first film I ever saw in a theatre :p It was also my favourite film when I was a kid, except for the part where Ursula gets really big and sounds like aman (at least she does in the dutch version).

I also remember seeing Beauty and the beast, I think we were seven or eight kids, all family, and the cinema was already packed so we all sat in different places, two cousins with their mom in the back, two on the other side of the stairs, my mom with me and my brother somewhere completely different. And then my (then) youngest cousin got scared and his mom had to take him outside because he had a nasty habit of throwing up when he didn't like things.

What was your favourtie film as a kid, or your favourite cinematic memory?

The first favourite film I ever had was the 1938 classic, The Adventures of Robin Hood, starring Errol Flynn and Olivia De Havilland. Apparently I used to watch it every day without fail when I was about 3.

A fairly odd choice I'm sure you'll think. Certainly a long way from the cutesy stuff you might expect a toddler to like. I used to absolutely idolise the character though, and it was a contributing factor as to why I got into archery as a sport. My love for longbows still stands to this day.

Strangely enough, I also think my first crush might have been Maid Marian in this film - at the age when boys can appreciate girls but aren't exactly sure why they should like them.

And here's a random piece of trivia I just remembered. I think. Mabye. Anyway, the amazing swordfights were choreographed by the same guy who would later go on to work in production of films with beautiful fight scenes such as The Princess Bride and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

<div align="center">
adventuresofrobinhood_03.JPG

</div>

My first film i really remember was the wizard of oz and as it was before video was around it was at least a film that was on every xmas. Its still a film that is magical for young children as i found when my 6 year old watched it recently.
When video came in the chance to see all these new films that you couldnt get into the cinema to watch was a real treat. Me and my mates rented so many videos the bloke in the shop realised we were his best customers and let us rent anything.

My favourite movie as a child was the lion king! i remember watching it 6 times at the movies and crying everytime Mufasa died haha.

The first film i was ever taken to see was sleeping beauty and i was stupidly young.

I never really enjoyed films when i was younger, that is until Terminator 2 was released on video. I think it was back in 1992, so i was around 10 years old.
My mum vowed never to let me watch that kind of a film again, but I already had it on video and i was already obsessed.
My love for film started then.

The first film i was ever taken to see was sleeping beauty and i was stupidly young.

I never really enjoyed films when i was younger, that is until Terminator 2 was released on video. I think it was back in 1992, so i was around 10 years old.
My mum vowed never to let me watch that kind of a film again, but I already had it on video and i was already obsessed.
My love for film started then. [/b]

Yeah I remember watching Terminator 2 when I was little kid. I loved it and I still do.

i remember the day i watched it too. my mate's mum was a cleaner at the movie theatre and they she let us in.

Home Alone 1 & 2 are my all time favourites. Especially when we used to watch them with my cuzzies on Xmas eve each year, was an awesome feeling.

Edward Scissorhands was/still is the bomb, love that movie which goes way back into my childhood.

The first movie I went to go and see with a bunch of friends was one of the Power Rangers movies, I was about 5. I'd always get excited when they'd combined their vehicles to make that big robot dude. When I was that age I was also a huge fan of Biker Mice From Mars.

Donald Duck is/was my favourite Disney character.
And Batman is/was my favourite super hero, because he was actually a human and I really digged all his fancy gadgets.

Then when I was a bit older Dragonball came out on TV. Absolutely legendary anime cartoon.
Then after awhile Dragonball Z came out. Even more legendary! I remember it was all the talk at school when Goku turned SSJ

Also can't let 1st generation Transformers cartoons slide. I always got pumped up when Omega Supreme whooped the Constructicons asses. It was awesome watching them combine to form Ruination and then get pummeled.

I remember the time where the show had a massive influx of combine-able teams such as the aerialbots, stunticons, combaticons and co all joined in. Made awesome toys also where you'd buy the 5 guys and combine them, badass.

Starscream was also the greatest transformer ever to have graced the screen of after school tv.

I remember the first movie I ever went to see. I was 6, it was The Empire Strikes Back and it became my favourite movie ever.

Lol ravishing rick rude wtf

Anywayz da 1st movie I ever went to see was The Lion King. I still remember goin in as if I was at a zoo stearing at everyone cos I aint seen the inside of the picture theatre before and it was just like on the movies but it was so much quieter than I had expected.

But as a child I had heaps of fav's like 'Back To The Future', 'Never Ending Story', 'Princess Bride', 'Enter The Dragon' too many to name I can't single 1 movie out cause I like them all.

The earliest movies that I can remember watching and really enjoying was "Last Action Hero" and "Kindergarten Cop". I think I was 5 or 6 when I saw these and I have always watched them when they have come on TV since. They stopped showing annual re-runs a couple of years back now :(

Vague memories of me watching the Land Before Time....the lessons learned from those dinosaurs would last me a lifetime...

Well one of the first films I remember watching was James Bond in Dr No, I grew up with going round my granddad's house and watching a different Bond film every week, I also remember watch Bridge over the Kwai... also watching the Oceans 11 (the Original)

I was also exposed to several "modern" films including Mrs Doubtfire, The Mask and Home Alone Movies... Basically the Good Ole Family films...

... also watching the Oceans 11 (the Original)[/b]

You've seen that as well?
Geez, i thought i was gonna need therapy after watching such diatribe.
No script, no direction and the actors were always blind drunk making up lines as they go along to a "general plot"...and i use those words very loosely.

I cried at ET - doubly embarrassing, because my mum was sitting next to me. It was agony trying to hold the tears back, covering the sniffles with fake coughing.

I just about remember queuing for the first Star Wars film. How we laughed at the comedic double-act of R2D2 and C3Pee-Hole. Ho ho ho!

But the best films for kids are the truly strange and disturbing - Wizard of Oz, Wonka etc.

My brother has watched Jaws over a hundred times, and I'm probably at the twenty mark. Great great film - dialogue is so good - but what a sad obsession.

And for Laetca - that Belgian film about a film crew following a serial killer in his daily work - Man Bites Dog? - is the funniest film of all time. I only saw it once, so maybe I'm exagerrating.

Latest posts