• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Would Happen if...... (Haka Related)

I'm pretty sure Richard Cockerhill went and eyeballed his opposite number once. Wouldn't be suprised if Brian Moore had done the same thing.
[/b]
Yep, he did it to Norm Hewitt. They ended up brawling in the back of a van 6 months later.

Don't f*** with us.

RC & Webby,

I know where you guys are coming from, and the answer is simple.

It's all up to the Ref. If he thinks the game should start, then so be it... we wont lose sleep over it.
[/b]

Thank you, a simple reply.

But i fear the NZers would lost sleep over it.
They'd kick our asrses in the match but would go furious afterwards. Complaints would be made, the NZ media (being ***** like every other country's media) would harass that team and nobody would live it down.

I think it's just interesting to see how you guys respond to the whole issue, when if it did happen i'm sure the response on this website would be a little stronger than the casual replies we've had so far.

And why not i say, if you kidnapped Katherine Jenkins from us as a response to our anthem then i'd be going nuts at you guys for ruining our culture of, mixing singing classic welsh songs with hot girls and big boobs!

katherineJenkins.jpg

You've got f***ing Westenra, leave Jenkins alone!!!

She's the girl who (nearly always) sings our national anthem before rugby games.

Wow! :blink: she's gorgeous.

<_<

It would be rude if the opposing team kicked off before the haka and we all know it. If it did happen then that opposing team would score the quickest ever try in the whole entire rugby history.

Are you insinuating the All Blacks would (hypothetically) carry on with the haka whilst the other teams kicks off, chases, collects the ball and scores a try?

I mean, i'm sure they could give most any team that advantage and comeback without too much hassle, but out of principles would they do that?

All in all, i've enjoyed this discussion.
It's an interesting hypothetical situation.

If the opposing team had precisely planned to kick off just before the haka starts, then it's likely they'll score the try. You know the formation of the haka, all the players gather in the middle of the field and opposing players all set and ready to go.

The other point I would like to bring in then...

Do you feel that the Haka should be part of the pre-game fixture, rather than just an add on that just happens, which is not an official part of the Pre-Game warmup according to the IRB?

That would stop this Hypothetical thing from happening...

Also on my point about the Lion's response to the Haka, the players and the media were very ****** off with the response as it was disrespecting their culture, according to the English Media.

Well, speaking of the formation of the haka, there is no way the ref would let the game start. The haka isn't only done by the starting 15, but by the reserves as well. So that would mean the All Blacks would have more than 15 players on the field. The ref would have to wait for the reserves to get off the field before he could start the game.

Don't they also have camera men on the field for the haka?

Well then in theory it would be an illegal disruption to the game... as it is not recognised by the IRB as part of the official pre-game ceremony, so in theory they all blacks could be penalised for it...

The debate is going nowhere... Lack of knowledge means your debating stupid theory's

The debate is going nowhere... Lack of knowledge means your debating stupid theory's [/b]

Where do you get the lack of Knowledge.... If you can post up the IRB ruling which says the Haka must be performed before the game can commence, if the All Blacks are playing, then we can say lack of knowledge... its yet again a New Zealander not being able to realise that this is just a case of what is... which creates interesting discussion, they are not stupid theory's it could actually happen during a game, so therefore, being from New Zealand your so stuck up yourself, that you think its New Zealand's God Given Right to perform the Haka on the pitch before the game...

So don't come the whole lack of f***ing knowledge with me... I am getting seriously ****** off with the arogance of some of the New Zealand Members on the board...

Where do you get the lack of Knowledge.... If you can post up the IRB ruling which says the Haka must be performed before the game can commence, if the All Blacks are playing, then we can say lack of knowledge... its yet again a New Zealander not being able to realise that this is just a case of what is... which creates interesting discussion, they are not stupid theory's it could actually happen during a game, so therefore, being from New Zealand your so stuck up yourself, that you think its New Zealand's God Given Right to perform the Haka on the pitch before the game...

So don't come the whole lack of f***ing knowledge with me... I am getting seriously ****** off with the arogance of some of the New Zealand Members on the board...[/b]

Well mate what do you personally want out of this argument?? what would you like to see done here???

I wanted to find out the reaction from New Zealanders if this happened in a match situation, also to see whether people believed the laws should be changed to allow the haka to become an OFFICIAL part of the pre-game warmup, like National Anthems and such...

And like i previously said i dont give a toss weather they do it or not, its dick heads like you who complain about someone's tradition...

Funny to note you dont say the same thing about the Pacific Islanders doing it, only the All Blacks ... Now that to me Son is what you call "arrogant"!!

And like i previously said i dont give a toss weather they do it or not, its dick heads like you who complain about someone's tradition...

Funny to note you dont say the same thing about the Pacific Islanders doing it, only the All Blacks ... Now that to me Son is what you call "arrogant"!! [/b]

Oh I am a ******** am I... You are obviously a member of the board who isn't so up himself about New Zealand being the best team in the world ever... and has to bring in about the Maori culture that they don't respect, but expect the rest of the world to respect...

The reason I don't say the same thing about the Pacific Islanders is purely because there isn't the same arogance around the Islanders as there is with the New Zealanders... The Pacific Islanders, are totally different to the New Zealanders, by the way they don't claim to be the greatest thing to walk the world of rugby...

After the 2003 World Cup, we got the whole well you didn't even play New Zealand, so how can you be World Champions, that is the Argoance that prevails in my mind, and it is the same arogance that is prevailed by some members of this board over the Haka...

I know you haven't been on here long and you are going to be trying to fight this Arogant image that certain New Zealanders have put accross which makes us all believe that all New Zealander's are Argoant... So Good Luck with that.

Are you insinuating the All Blacks would (hypothetically) carry on with the haka whilst the other teams kicks off, chases, collects the ball and scores a try?
[/b]
Wales would kick off during the haka, leap over the 10m line to collect the ball and ... knock it on.

ABs finish the haka, pack down, turn the scrum into a rolling maul, and score under the posts.

I think that's what he meant about an early try.

Hey thats totally fine by me mate and i never once said NZ was the best in the world at Rugby And when did i tell the world to RESPECT the haka??? . You have a problem stereo typing anyone from NZ that fits your bill of argument. Dont go around calling us arrogant when theres one looking at you in the mirror.

So your argument is only with NZs Haka? and not that of Pacific Islanders or Aussie singing pre match entertainment?

You got to be kidding me right????

Mate i just find it funny how he Say's Everone else's Haka and pre match entertainment is ok except if your from NZ. For the simple reason some kiwi chaps gave him a hard time. Which leaves the rest of us to answer to it

Latest posts