• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Would Happen if...... (Haka Related)

G

getofmeland

What would happen if.....

During a game where the All Blacks were playing, if the opposing team kicked off before the Haka had been completed...

This is just a scenario...

As I am currently fed up of the All Blacks having to do the Haka, especially the new Haka, they have lost all the passion of it...

its the whole we must respect the culture when we play rugby, but lets forget about for the rest of the time...

I would honestly love to see someone kick off as the All Blacks were doing the Haka, it would be more the case, were there to play rugby not to watch you ponce about...

This is all came from a discussion from the Millenium Magic Weekend...

They couldn't as the ref doesn't blow the whistle before they've done it.

Well I am sorry but as soon as the National Anthems our completed then the game should begin, if the other team say they want to kick off, then ref should allow them to...

Why should the All Blacks be so different...

You don't see the Aussies, South Africans, English, French, Welsh, Irish, Scots, Italians do it so why the hell should the All Blacks delay the start of the game...

This is all theoretical obviously, but what if the opposition told the ref they were ready to go? As long as all the New Zealand players are in their own half, what is to stop the game commencing?

The haka may well be a respected tradition, but it isn't an official part of the ceremony before a test match.

Webby you know the Kiwi's don't understand theoretical...

They will get defensive, and say that its disrespecting their culture...

I can see this topic's going nowhere. LOCKED :ph34r: [/b]

Umm no it won't be locked...

All I am saying is why should the Kiwi's be given the allowance to be different away from home...

Because if you don't, we won't play you and you just cave into our every whim anyway - just ask the Australians what happened to Dilip Kumar when he voted for Japans 2011 World Cup Bid.

<div class='quotemain'> I can see this topic's going nowhere. LOCKED :ph34r: [/b]

Umm no it won't be locked...

All I am saying is why should the Kiwi's be given the allowance to be different away from home...
[/b][/quote]

No seriously how dare you even contemplate suggesting this you, you, you culture mudererer

Well the Haka is a challenge, when they tour they are the Visiting Side, so therefore they should be the ones who are getting challenged, they should not be challenging the Home Side...

Yes it looks nice, but it has been sold out... the version of the Haka they do now is ****...

Also if the All Blacks refused to play because they couldn't do the Haka then just proves what pussies they are...

well this is my opinion..

The haka is there for entertainment now days, some people come to the game to watch the haka, i know for a fact that alot of japanese people do and what ever brings the people to the game has to be a good thing as long as they pay right?

The fans want the haka, but the players also want to do it for themselves.

There has been a case or two where the haka has been asked to be moved before the national anthems (wales 2 years ago when they did it, wales last year when they did it in the changing rooms) so if the all blacks didnt want to change it they would still do it in the changing rooms. But the people want to see the haka now days, its part of rugby.

Also the All Blacks are not the only ones to do the haka, the Fiji's and Samoans do their own haka as well, no-one seams to talk about that though.

Well the Haka is a challenge, when they tour they are the Visiting Side, so therefore they should be the ones who are getting challenged, they should not be challenging the Home Side...

Yes it looks nice, but it has been sold out... the version of the Haka they do now is ****...

Also if the All Blacks refused to play because they couldn't do the Haka then just proves what pussies they are...
[/b]
And you will look like even bigger Pussies when the Northern Unions come begging and pleading for the All Blacks to play a One-Off test up there.

How do you think we got the 2011 RWC Rights? We just dangled the prospects of an Hpme Test against the All Blacks in the Unions faces and the votes came rolling in.

Also the All Blacks are not the only ones to do the haka, the Fiji's and Samoans do their own haka as well, no-one seams to talk about that though.[/b]

Tonga has a haka too. You even see it in the US and Hawaii, performed by their football teams. The Americans actually (but not exactly the same) do the All Black's Kapa O Pango (2nd haka).

yeah forgot about tonga sorry to anyone i offended.

didnt even know the usa did it, i cant see them do it at all.

They don't.

I thought it was just the Hawaii NCAA Football team does it, along with BYU who did it once because one of the players wanted to do it as a tribute to his father who was Maori.

If the Haka wasn't allowed on th pitch the players would still do it in their changing rooms anyway (like what happened in Wales).

You have a close look at why they are doing it, it's not just the All Blacks, school teams perform their own haka's before playing... man, it's in the blood.

I was gonna say????? why pick on NZ when other nations have haka's as well, or war dances... I think who ever started the thread is ****** off at NZ more then any other nation

They don't.

I thought it was just the Hawaii NCAA Football team does it, along with BYU who did it once because one of the players wanted to do it as a tribute to his father who was Maori.
[/b]

Oh sorry for accusing you America...wait, Hawaii's part of USA arn't they?

the way you wrote it it looked like it was the americans did it not just hawaii.

so since it is just hawaii then its a moot point since its american football and we are talking rugby. and they arnt a national team.

the way you wrote it it looked like it was the americans did it not just hawaii.[/b]

Yeah but anyways BYU performed the haka. The University maybe located in Hawaii but I'm pretty sure there are Americans who attend the institute, therefore play in the football team. I've seen them perform it before.

Latest posts