• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Would You Do...

G

Goth Power

If your girlfriend and her dad wants you to move in with them, and you can't stand living at home anymore because your parents are giving you constant ****.

I'm not going to go into the full details because it gets very private but I am going to tell you that I can't stand being moaned at for being happy finally.

All PM's would be thankfully appreciated.

I take it your only sixteen, not eighteen as you say, and haven't got a job in which case go for it.

If your none of the above then get a life.

Sorry if I sound cruel but sometimes you need a reality check. Don't get bullied or do something for an easy life because in the end it's gonna bite you in the ass.

Trust me I know from experience.

Rise and Reverberate

Oh and P.S. Lay off the xBox and join a rugby club, you know it makes sense.

Ditto what Twickenham rules said. Are you running away from your problems by moving in with your gf? Not only that, but consider that your parents are your parents and they love you. What kind of a blow to the face is it to them for the child they put into the world to suddenly just leave for somewhere else? Family is important, do whatever you can to fix your row with your parents, don't just kiss ass, but don't be stubborn ***** about it. Maybe they have a point or maybe they don't. That's my two cents worth to help out a fellow Northampton Saints fan.

IMO the proudest moment for parents is when their offspring, finally makes that decision, turns into an adult, and makes life happen for themselves.

Its mission success/complete for mum n dad....now they can get back into the sack without feeling guilty.

You'll find alot of kids suddenly walk out............but that doesnt mean they never see them again like on animal planet.

Though depends which way u look at ur situation............are you moving out to be with GF and go that next level.....or are you moving out, to be the same person, under a different dads roof....not good the latter

Looking at the ***le I was expecting this topic to be What Would You Do....to Jessica Alba.

I will reframe from answering that as Jacko views these forums.

Your 18... You probably should be looking to leave the nest anyway. And seriously, unless they've been beating or abusing you, I doubt your rift with your parents is as bad as your making it out to be (If it is, i'm going to lay the blame on you, without knowing the facts... my guess it's probably something like them pestering you to not drop out of school or something to that effect). Sounds like the usual teenage angst.

(I resisted the urge to use the word "Emo")

Looking at the ***le I was expecting this topic to be What Would You Do....to Jessica Alba.

[/b]

I think the answer to that question lays within your avatar. :D

The thing is, they refuse to accept I am actually now and becoming a young adult.

They still treat me like a kid and moan at me if I walk home at night or something, or if im on the phone too long to the missus, and she barked at me
for looking after her because she is ill and her dad is away for work most of the day.

Its a very long and complicated story they just don't see how I want to do things with my life and try and run it for me.

Do what you feel is right
[/b]
Whatever you do, ignore this comment. The whole "do what you feel is right" thing is a load of crap. It feels right to do a load of things that will in no way bennifit you and eventually be harmful to you. It feels right to get drunk after I have a rough day...but then I'd develop an addiction to the stuff. So, in short, do what IS right. Are you moving out just because your parents are giving you crap? Everyone's parents give them crap. You aren't alone. My advice. Get as much education as possible and live at home as long as possible while you do that. Then, when you do leave the nest, you'll have a degree and hopefully a decent job behind you and you can do it right. Moving in with your girlfriend and her pa is only going to complicate your relationship and your life. It's a lot easier to put up with nagging parents then it is a nagging girlfriend...believe me.

I agree with o'rathlain...

I've been where u are mate... I actually came to the point of actually living away.. and hell I regret doing it mate...
I was 15 then ey, I THOUGHT i was a big boy, can make it by myself... and guess what, I cant.. i almost had a kid, I still go to school but work at night and stay away from my parents... I returned when I was 16 though.. after I nearly had a child...
Parents are **** sometimes... but deep down, they do that for your own good! stay in school man, get as much education as u can get! and stay with ur parents...

The thing is, they refuse to accept I am actually now and becoming a young adult.

They still treat me like a kid and moan at me if I walk home at night or something, or if im on the phone too long to the missus, and she barked at me
for looking after her because she is ill and her dad is away for work most of the day.

Its a very long and complicated story they just don't see how I want to do things with my life and try and run it for me. [/b]

Mate all parents are like that they nag cos they care, you will do it when you have kids of your own... It may not seem like they care but deep down they do... at the end of the day you have to make this decision yourself, maybe even talk to your parents about it, they could be fine with it... You also have to realise that seeing someone is a hell of a lot different to living with someone!!!

[/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:

f*** movin away for right now, i gaurantee you'll end up not loving that girl eventually and then what?

you could go back to your house.. but... i wonder how your parents would take it. They might let you back, they might not, but i gaurantee they will probably be seeing you in a different light.

if you leave your parents because they ask you to do stuff and you get angry at them because of it, what makes you think the same wont happen at your gfs place?

im sure her parents and her wont let you **** around the house and not contribute

Think long and hard about it, whatever you do.

It's a massive decision. I have just moved into my own place myself and I don't regret it for a microsecond But that's me. Everyone is different.

Weigh up the pros and the cons. Of which there are many.

dont be ungreatful i say,

theyve looked after you for 16 years and havent charged u a penny

no charge.

I have wanted to leave for a while and to get some space away from them because they just want impressing 24/7 and I'm sick of it.

I love Michaela and she and her dad wants me there, its not only to just get away from them its also because I'd be with her a lot more and that would be awsome.

I hate saying goodbye to her and I don't want to say it again.

P.S I am wrighting this whilst suffering a awful hangover so if I don't make sense, I'm sorry.

Thanks for all the replies though...nice to know there are people who care adn want to waste there time on me...

Are you sure you will work well with her dad though? Matches seemingly made in heaven don't always work out.