• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what would your 08 team ratings be?

S

SPIDER18

Mine are:
abs95 -suffer lineout problems but best scrum and world class players in key positions.
South Arica 92 despite poor record away from home they have terriffic players,lineout&scrum are awesome.
France 90 they are one of the most inconsistent teams but on paper have the team to win the grandslam every year.
ireland 89 were very impressive during home games against aus & south africa they have all the players in key positions but seem to lack something.
argentina87 they seem to be underated in ea games but have a good pack, supreme kickers and a mastery of ten man rugby.
Aus87 their downward slide is always blamed on their fowards but are they really that bad. dangerous on their day.
eng85 have suffered badly since world cup win still have good players(jason robinson)but really lack direction.
wales87 when wales have there best team they look good on paper but their change of tactics after2005 grandslam has seen them go backwards they were poor in six nations. :bana:

nzl - 95

rsa - 90

fra - 87

aus - 86

ire - 84

wal - 83

arg - 83

eng - 80

ita - 73

sco - 73

sam - 72

fiji - 70

i don't think italy scotland and samoa should be as low as that. don't you think that irelands probably better than aus right now? B)

I think it should be something like:

AB's 94
RSA 91
Fra 90
Aus 88
Ire 88
Arg 87
Eng 86

but then look at the S14 teams

Sharks 89
Bulls 87
Blues 86
Crusaders 85

oh and that's right the Waratahs should be a MILLION!!!

AB's 94
RSA 91
Fra 90
Aus 88
Ire 88
Arg 87
Eng 86

Sharks 89
Bulls 87
Blues 86
Crusaders 85

[/b]
you'll be lucky if the waratahs get 75 :D . i think the bulls should be top they won the competion(i know only just)and have better fowards and the best back in the world at the moment brian habana (although he's injured)

<div class='quotemain'>

AB's 94
RSA 91
Fra 90
Aus 88
Ire 88
Arg 87
Eng 86

Sharks 89
Bulls 87
Blues 86
Crusaders 85

[/b]
you'll be lucky if the waratahs get 75 :D . i think the bulls should be top they won the competion(i know only just)and have better fowards and the best back in the world at the moment brian habana (although he's injured)
[/b][/quote]

I agree Habana is good but I think the Sharks had a much better more rounded team, their backs were lethal across the park, most of the are young too. The Bulls did win 3 out of the republic too compared with the Sharks 2 out of the republic, either way both were really good teams!!!

According to the Chinese calendar 2008 is the year of the Waratah. I know of I've said this every year for the last 13 but next year is our year...

something like this
nz 95
sa 93
fra 88
aus 86
ire 86
arg 85
eng 80
wal 79
italy 78

According to the Chinese calendar 2008 is the year of the Waratah. I know of I've said this every year for the last 13 but next year is our year...
[/quote] keep dreaming :D

keep dreaming :D
[/quote] the waratahs don't have the fowards although with vickerman the lineout will improve and then to make things worse they don't have the backs. come on they're paying lote turiqui hundreds of thousands for one try a year. before u point out the glaring problems with hurricanes let me say i already know i whatched them fumble away game after game this year. :cryy:

something like this
nz 95
sa 93
fra 88
aus 86
ire 86
arg 85
eng 80
wal 79
italy 78
seems about right but as i posted earlier i don't think aus are as good as ireland at the moment. B)

something like this
nz 95
sa 93
fra 88
aus 86
ire 86
arg 85
eng 80
wal 79
italy 78
[/b]

solid but i dont think that France deserves to be 5 point behind SA. maybe 91 or 92?

i agree with Aus being equal with Ireland. but maybe both on 88, Arg on 86. Ireland may be better on current form but if the two met in a crunch world cup game my money would always be on Aus

lions 90? i would rate them around 80, they should be rated near or under the maori's

why the f*** is everyone rating england at 90??? :S

i mean geese have you seen these guys recently?

they are worse than wales!!

new zealand 97
south africa 94
australia 90
france 90
ireland 89
argentina 87
wales 87
england 86
scotland 80
italy 80

why the f*** is everyone rating england at 90??? :S

i mean geese have you seen these guys recently?

they are worse than wales!!

new zealand 97
south africa 94
australia 90
france 90
ireland 89
argentina 87
wales 87
england 86
scotland 80
italy 80
[/b]

Totally agree with above, but maybe Australia slightly lower to about 88 maybe.
No one seems to be mentioning any clubs/regions so i thought i'd have a go.
this is my opinion on Welsh Regions (Biased opinion obviously)
Its a bit hard to compare to the international sides but here i go:

Ospreys - 69/70 (Hopefully will be playing in some type of stadium that resembles the Liberty, not a ground that looked like The Gnoll)
Scarlets - 66/67 - Not quite as gd as THE OSPREYS (Obviously :bleh!: ) but performances in europe bring them up)
Blues - 64 (ish)
Dragons - 62/63 pretty gd season for the dragons, they have really got a gd set of youngsters coming through, would be much higher if most their 'senior' players aren't leaving

Wales will be better than england, and all blacks will be the best closely follwed by springbocks.

Wales will be better than england
[/b]

I'm not trying to start some Anglo-Welsh war so don't all kick-off:

Surely if they based the NH ratings on the last 6 Nations (for example), England would actually be ranked higher than Wales?

I think you're all hoping blindly anyway, EA just take the top 10 countries and pick their rating out of a hat. Saves them having to actually do any research.

if they rank england as highly as they did 05 and 06 .... words wont describe how p1ssed off i'll be

lmao!! fair point

but wales are better than england in real life :D [/b]

Ahem, "Wales" and "Better" are words that do not get used in the same sentence. Even if you're comparing them to utter shite like post 2003 England. ;)

I think that they should be rated using the IRB world rankings
NZ #1 (9.5)
France #2 (9.3)
RSA #3 (9.2)
Aus #4 (9.0)
Ire #5 (9.0)
Arg #6 (8.8)
Eng #7 (8.6)
Wal #8 (8.6)
Italy #9 (8.3)
etc.....You could then make up random ratings like I've done

[/quote]Totally agree with above, but maybe Australia slightly lower to about 88 maybe.
No one seems to be mentioning any clubs/regions so i thought i'd have a go.
this is my opinion on Welsh Regions (Biased opinion obviously)
Its a bit hard to compare to the international sides but here i go:

[/quote]Ospreys - 69/70 (Hopefully will be playing in some type of stadium that resembles the Liberty, not a ground that looked like The Gnoll)
Scarlets - 66/67 - Not quite as gd as THE OSPREYS (Obviously :bleh!: ) but performances in europe bring them up)
Blues - 64 (ish)
Dragons - 62/63 pretty gd season for the dragons, they have really got a gd set of youngsters coming through, would be much higher if most their 'senior' players aren't leaving

[/quote]Wales will be better than england, and all blacks will be the best closely follwed by springbocks.
[/quote]

why should south africa be close they are a mile behind nz in world rankings. they only won 5 games last year(out of 14) and don't use the fact they slaughtered england and won the super 14 because the super 14 is not a big factor and thrashing england c in south africa is meaningless (although they looked very good at times) until they can prove they can win away from home they have to be about 5 points behind the abs even though for balance in the game they won't be.

Thanks for doing some northen hemisphere club teams i don't know enough to comment on them but earlier on there was some stuff about the top four super 14 teams rankings if you want to have a look and a comment on those. :D

why use the irb rankings then change them doesn't that defeat the point of using them in the first place? besides nz is ten points clear on the irb rankings and that would unbalance the game. B)

Latest posts