• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What's my team...

T

trliber

Okay, I've never even seen a rugby match, so I felt kinda dumb in the profile section leaving the "favorite club" blank! Now's your chance to convince me that your team is the one that I should support (keep it clean!!). Ready, Set,...Go.

Which hemisphere are we talking? Do you mean a domestic club side or an international team? Any particular competition?

Need to be a little more specific.

I didn't know it mattered! I'm in the USA, but I'd probably like to support a international team.

Well Support your International Side Team USA or Ireland as there are loads of Irish in the US

You could go down the ethnic root, if any of your family are from rugby playing countries, then you could pick one of those, if undecided still you could check out some of the games in the Six Nations and see which team you enjoy watching them or if all else fails you could try a lucky dip.

That would also be true Stuey!!!
[/b]

I think we should tell him to support Stade on the off chance he buys a replica shirt without first seeing what they look like.

If it is just a totally random thing then the team who 6th in the Guinness Premiership and the team that finishes 6th in the Magners and pick the team out of the two that has scored more points.

That way you've got a random, not too successful team to follow through thick and thin...at present that'd give him Sale so not too bad.

theres a lot of welsh in the states to

hence the reason why i support wales and ireland

Okay, I've never even seen a rugby match, so I felt kinda dumb in the profile section leaving the "favorite club" blank! Now's your chance to convince me that your team is the one that I should support (keep it clean!!). Ready, Set,...Go.
[/b]

Right first of all, forget all of this "where are you from" ******** and just go support Saracens!

Why? We're the unlikely lads of the English Premiership thats why! We have decent stars, a quality and passionate fanbase and we just love to surprise stronger opponents.

We're, like, the thorn in any Leicester/Sale/Northampton/Bath fan....just ask teh mite!

So come on, go annoy a traditional english club supporter today and join SARACENS!

Who are you supporting this Sunday then DC? ;)
[/b]

Its a tough one, my great grandma was Welsh (thats the reason my middle name is Lewis with the welsh spelling) and my great grandpa was Irish. I'm going to go with ireland though, i have been pullin for them for longer than wales, but i want wales to do well in the competition.

If you don't support the team of your heritatge (like Ireland, Itally, England, Wales) then the likely go to team is The All Blacks. You won't be disapointed. They are easy to follow. They have class kit to buy. They have the haka.
www.allblacks.com
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Zvs4T4RU30"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Zvs4T4RU30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Then again, if you are looking for a club team you can't go past the Brumbies from the Australian Capital Territory!

The brumbies are the most successful Australian Super rugby side having won the ***le twice in 2001 and again in 2004. We have an incredible membership count of 10-12,000 considering how small the ACT is and what's more we are one of the most formidable sides o play at home - the fans are quite simply deafening.

As we farewell greats such as George Gregan, Stephen Larkham and Jeremy Paul get on board for the best Brumbies season ever!!!

It's not that bad... We've got plenty of decent back-up in Huxley, Faingaa and Fairbanks.

Seriously, why do you want to support a S14 team? They're all artificial, commercial and probably care more for their silly team names than their fans. Do they actually realise that fans turn up to watch them? I think they think these bozos are just random guys who turn up to watch them play rugby.

If you don't support the team of your heritatge (like Ireland, Itally, England, Wales) then the likely go to team is The All Blacks. You won't be disapointed. They are easy to follow. They have class kit to buy. They have the haka.
[/b]

Is it legal to just parachute into a sport and pick the number one rated team in the world?

Surely it has to be a team you have a link to or a plucky bunch of unfashionable underdogs.

Latest posts